'NYPD Blue,' 'LA Law,' 'Hill Street Blues' creator Steven Bochco dead at 74

webfact

'NYPD Blue,' 'LA Law,' 'Hill Street Blues' creator Steven Bochco dead at 74

By Samuel Chamberlain | Fox News

1522629534795.jpg

Steven Bochco, pictured in 2014, won 10 Primetime Emmy Awards over a TV career that spanned nearly five decades.  (REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson)

Steven Bochco, who wrote and produced some of the most memorable shows in television history, died Sunday after a lengthy battle with leukemia. He was 74.

His assistant, Phillip Arnold, told Fox News that Bochco "died peacefully in his sleep with his family close by."

"Steven fought cancer with strength, courage, grace and his unsurpassed sense of humor," said Arnold, who added that Bochco's family had requested privacy at this time.

Full story: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/04/01/nypd-blue-la-law-hill-street-blues-creator-steven-bochco-dead-at-74.html

-- FOX NEWS 2018-04-02

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

Ouch. They were awesome shows in their day. I thought he would have been  much older. 74 is relatively young these days. Anyway, thanks for the memories and the quality writing.

I never was/still not a fan of most of US tv but Hill Street Blues was a series I always liked.

My X in uk always said I only watched it because of Veronica Hammel ( spelling )

??

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

Hill Street Blues was one of the best TV series I've ever seen... and the others weren't bad also.

Bochco was a great talent, and will be sorely missed.

I believe HSB is in Hulu's online streaming catalog at present.

I never understood why Daniel Travanti basically disappeared from major starring roles after his standout performance in HSB.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

22 hours ago, GarryP said:

Hill Street Blues was great.  

It was. I bought my first VDO recorder specifically for that show.

LA Law was also a must see.

However, probably too lacking in violence to be successful now, if one looks at the popular series currently showing.

RIP.