Shinawatra siblings ‘should be ashamed’, says Prayut

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, Thaiger1 said:

The present government are certainly no choir boys when it comes to laws and corruption but so many posters criticising the present government in favour of the Shiniwatra's. Thaksin indulged in one of the biggest frauds by changing the law to suit his corporation and the less said about his sister the better.

It seems posters want to substitute the corrupt for the crook and his dimwit sister.

My feeling is it is time in Thailand for a complete change. Will it happen? No, but one can hope.

In the meantime we expats just have to accept the craziness that surrounds us and enjoy our life here.

True but it is nepotism and corruption within the Army that made Thaksin in the first place. It is them, the military, who awarded him a monopoly contract on the GSM frequency and made him rich... 

If change was to come it isn't the military that is going to deliver it when it is their culture of nepotism, lack of transparency and corruption that has rules thailand for the past 70 years..

----------------

Edited by firestar
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, mikosan said:

He led a coup which overthrew a democratically elected government.  I'd say that was unlawful, wouldn't you?

He was ordered to lead a coup and protect bkk from the ongoing riots where bombs/guns/roadblocks were all used.

And that government was as corrupt as a dog with a fresh bone from the butcher.

So it was the best thing to do to rescue the thai economy or there wouldn't be any tourists at all right now and the whole economy would have stopped, making you the richest man in the village and being forced to keep them from starving...got it now?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firestar said:

True but it is nepotism and corruption within the Army that made Thaksin in the first place. It is them, the military, who awarded him a monopoly contract on the GSM frequency and made him rich... 

If change was to come it isn't the military that is going to deliver it when it is their culture of nepotism, lack of transparency and corruption that has rules thailand for the past 70 years..

Ha ha ha ha,  now it was The army that is at fault for the creation of Thaksin,  ha ha ha      That has to be the most crazy post on this topic but the agenda by the anti other than Thaksin rule

Just now, Thian said:

He was ordered to lead a coup and protect bkk from the ongoing riots where bombs/guns/roadblocks were all used.

So it was the best thing to do to rescue the thai economy or there wouldn't be any tourists at all right now and the whole economy would have stopped, making you the richest man in the village and being forced to keep them from starving...got it now?

By the last weeks, and Suthep's umpteenth final ultimatum there was only a couple hundred people at Asok, their last blockade... it would have been very easy to remove them without staging a coup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thian said:

I get it clearly and I am not disagreeing, although you may be slightly over exaggerating the situation, but it doesn't make it lawful and that is the point. 

9 minutes ago, Thaiger1 said:

Not when it is approved by the highest power in the land. Why do expats insist on trying to impose their systems on Thailand. Thailand is a law unto itself and what we think or the way we do things matters not a jot to them.

It is still treason no matter how you dress it up. Don't like it? Go and argue with the people who compile dictionaries. 

Edited by baboon

1 minute ago, ginjag said:

Ha ha ha ha,  now it was The army that is at fault for the creation of Thaksin,  ha ha ha      That has to be the most crazy post on this topic but the agenda by the anti other than Thaksin rule

Man you are such an army fan girl... even though Thaksin later chose the Police force he was a product of the 10th class of the Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School. It is his contacts from the Armed Forces Academy that awarded him, a mid-level business man at the time, the monopoly contract in  in 1986  to operate under GSM 900 frequency.

Of course they didn't know the value, but it is the complete lack of transparency,  nepotism within the army that allowed such a contract to be awarded to Thaksin in the first place...

________

30 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Sad to say that the picture you attached to your comment, did not in any way show a bow. It showed somtihing similar to a creature sticking their head in the sand. Same feeling I get when I read your comments. How ever thank you for helping me get a fitting picture. :smile:

Why do I get the feeling I'm squabbling with a 12 year old?

38 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Rest easy Ginjag. There wouldn't be any election soon and if it happened, it will be short live as another coup will be planned to oust the PTP government. You subscribed to a power that will never give Thailand any chance to have democracy. Their greed holds no bound and will continue to rob and rape the country. 

Your last line also applies to the subjects of this article so for the near future there is very little hope of progress for Thailand. Corrupt replaced by corrupt and the cycle continues.

4 minutes ago, firestar said:

Man you are such an army fan girl... even though Thaksin later chose the Police force he was a product of the 10th class of the Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School. It is his contacts from the Armed Forces Academy that awarded him, a mid-level business man at the time, the monopoly contract in  in 1986  to operate under GSM 900 frequency.

Of course they didn't know the value, but it is the complete lack of transparency,  nepotism within the army that allowed such a contract to be awarded to Thaksin in the first place...

________

Was police ----- Mister Policeman,  total control.

23 minutes ago, baboon said:

Try smashing a BMW's windscreen and see how far you get with your arguments while they are cuffing you.

Your post makes no sense. I have no arguments about the way the do things here. It is their country and they do want they like and what expats think or say matters not a jot, which is exactly what my post said.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Veritas48 said:

He broke the law by taking over an elected government by force...do you not understand that?Thian go back to school if you do not understand about an elected government and an unelected government!

Same stuff--one sided.    blinkers on,  Government out before this  Yingluk out,    Rice--remember, amnASTY, overnight to get Thaksin clearance.

11 minutes ago, baboon said:

It is still treason no matter how you dress it up. Don't like it? Go and argue with the people who compile dictionaries. 

Your western definition of treason doesn't exist here. Don't like it??? go argue with the powers that be.

11 minutes ago, firestar said:

________

I also thought it was the police force that Thaksin came through. Interesting thought though if he did indeed come through the army system.

10 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Was police ----- Mister Policeman,  total control.

AIS was only a computer rental business when he was a Police man.

Only when awarded a monopoly contract by his contacts in the military in 1986 to operate under GSM 900 frequency did AIS grow and became the largest mobile phone operator in Thailand. Like I said it is the lack of transparency, nepotism and corruption contracts within the army that created Thaksin, he was only a lieutenant colonel when he left the police

Your comment makes no sense

Edited by firestar

24 minutes ago, firestar said:

----------------

Didn't realise he came through the army system firestar, always thought it was only the police. Makes more sense now if he has had "training" in both systems along with all the available contacts.

1 minute ago, Thaiger1 said:

Your post makes no sense. I have no arguments about the way the do things here. It is their country and they do want they like and what expats think or say matters not a jot, which is exactly what my post said.

I said: "Illegal is illegal."

You disputed that assertion.

I then said: "Try smashing a BMW's windscreen and see how far you get with your arguments while they are cuffing you." It does make sense.

No it isn't "their country" while the population have no say in the way it is run. Thailand is an army with a country, not a country with an army.

3 minutes ago, firestar said:

AIS was only a computer rental business when he was a Police man.

Only when awarded a monopoly contract by his contacts in the military in 1986 to operate under GSM 900 frequency did AIS grow and became the largest mobile phone operator in Thailand. Like I said it is the lack of transparency, nepotism and corruption contracts within the army that created Thaksins he was only a lieutenant colonel when he left the police

Your comment makes no sense

Did he pay his dues  ??  when he sold  ??  or did he take them to Dubai  ??

11 minutes ago, Thaiger1 said:

Didn't realise he came through the army system firestar, always thought it was only the police. Makes more sense now if he has had "training" in both systems along with all the available contacts.

10th class of the Armed Forces Academy and it isn't Thaksin's "corruption" that bothered the military it is the fact that after inadvertently giving him the goose that laid golden eggs they expected him to be eternally grateful and play game rather than fight them for power and cut their budget...

Edited by firestar
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, mikosan said:

I get it clearly and I am not disagreeing, although you may be slightly over exaggerating the situation, but it doesn't make it lawful and that is the point. 

That's not the point, you have to think a little deeper about how this country is ruled.

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

No it isn't "their country" while the population have no say in the way it is run. Thailand is an army with a country, not a country with an army.

30B gets you world class medical care as well as a democratically elected government? Who are you talking about when you say "their"? What is it that "they" want besides cash and empty promises? An opportunity? You subscribe to the cash for votes ballot system? Democracy? 

It is far from perfect in the country. But it is way better than it was.

And I think her name was Supinya Klangnarong. It would be interesting to talk to her.