Go out, come back 2 times - can be OK?

Hello guys,

see my situation: i come at december with tourist visa, after I extended with 30 days, after traveled for one day trip to cambodia (with airplane) - and now I would like to make again this one day trip. (Just for second time, after will go home.)

Is risky this, can I have any problems at immigration, or can affect this if at summer want to back with tourist visa?

Thanks.

You shouldn’t have a problem with another visa exempt entry by air.

The longer you stay, as a tourist, you increase the chances of getting questioned about what you’re doing in the country. A break out of the country will help.

7 hours ago, MZsolt said:

Is risky this, can I have any problems at immigration, or can affect this if at summer want to back with tourist visa?

So, you're already in Thailand for three months as a Tourist and you want to stay for one more month. I don't think that will be a problem. But it is better to go back to your home country and wait for a few moths and comeback again on a 6-Month tourist visa.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Have you gotten a 30 day extension of the 30 day visa exempt entry you got when you flew out and back?

Yes, I got 30 days extension before my first flight out. So, this had yet: 60 days visa + 30 days extension + flew out and back for 30 days ... and now want to repeat flight out.

Thanks

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, MZsolt said:

Yes, I got 30 days extension before my first flight out. So, this had yet: 60 days visa + 30 days extension + flew out and back for 30 days ... and now want to repeat flight out.

You can get an extension of your 30 day entry. There is no rule that says cannot do one. No need to fly out and back for another 30 days.

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get an extension of your 30 day entry. There is no rule that says cannot do one. No need to fly out and  back for another 30 days.

This even if now i'm without visa here?
Thanks for advice, now searching on google and I saw several topics about - it seems this was a really helpfull idea. :)

7 minutes ago, MZsolt said:

This even if now i'm without visa here?
Thanks for advice, now searching on google and I saw several topics about - it seems this was a really helpfull idea. :)

Many topics about the 30 day extension of a visa exempt entry since it became possible in August of 2014.

Glad to help.

Ubonjoe, exactly that topics I read now. :) Just one more question: at extension should bring flight ticket? I saw at that topics from you that no... (for me better if change flight ticket after get extension). And: at some topics I read that sometimes immigration officers can ask for prov that I have income at home, etc: should for any case print come statment about bankaccounts, companies at home, or doesnt matters.

Edited by MZsolt

17 minutes ago, MZsolt said:

Ubonjoe, exactly that topics I read now. :) Just one more question: at extension should bring flight ticket? I saw at that topics from you that no... (for me better if change flight ticket after get extension). And: at some topics I read that sometimes immigration officers can ask for prov that I have income at home, etc: should for any case print come statment about bankaccounts, companies at home, or doesnt matters.

You do not need a ticket or financial proof to apply for the 30 day extension. You will find false info in some topics or discussions about it.

Just a completed application form, copies of your passport photo page, entry stamp,TM6 departure card and 1900 baht for the fee.

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

But it is better to go back to your home country and wait for a few moths and comeback again on a 6-Month tourist visa.

Hardly necessary or better at this point if he only wants to stay briefly now and then return months later in the summer.

Depending on his plans this summer, even then a standard (60 + 30 day) tourist visa might be all he needs.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not need a ticket or financial proof to apply for the 30 day extension. You will find false info in some topics or discussions about it.

Just a completed application form, copies of your passport photo page, entry stamp,TM6 departure card and 1900 baht for the fee.

Hi Joe - sorry to hijack this thread... 

Are you saying you don't need any proof of address for a 30 day extension to a 30 day VE entry...?  

Other people I know who have done this (or a 60 day TV) have been asked for something - even if it's just a hotel receipt. (I'm on an annual retirement extension so obviously I need the TM30 receipt). 

TIA.

Edited by steve73
Clarity

27 minutes ago, steve73 said:

Are you saying you don't need any proof of address for a 30 day extension to a 30 day VE entry...?  

Other people I know who have done this (or a 60 day TV) have been asked for something - even if it's just a hotel receipt. (I'm on an annual retirement extension so obviously I need the TM30 receipt). 

It depends upon the office where you apply for the extension. 

Some want a TM30 form while others ask for nothing more that what is needed for the application.

• Thanks 1