Health insurance - required coverage

lyseoy

Trying to decide on one of two insurance options. One has a maximum €800.000 (30.000.000 baht), the other one is double that. My gut feeling says €800.000 should be plenty in Thailand, but gut feelings are only gut feelings.

Any first hand experiences with very expensive hospitalizations in Thailand? How much did the bill amount to in a year?

What kind of incident would cost you 800,000 Euros in Thailand? Maybe getting a brain transplant...lol

Unless you're traveling and utilizing 'worldwide' coverage a lot, I can't imagine your bill ever hitting that amount. The worst case would be getting cancer and undergoing numerous chemo sessions, but even then, I can't see the bill hitting that number.

On 4/8/2018 at 3:20 PM, dia1 said:

What kind of incident would cost you 800,000 Euros in Thailand? Maybe getting a brain transplant...lol

Unless you're traveling and utilizing 'worldwide' coverage a lot, I can't imagine your bill ever hitting that amount. The worst case would be getting cancer and undergoing numerous chemo sessions, but even then, I can't see the bill hitting that number.

A brain transplant would definitely cost more than 800k. Maybe even a heart transplant? I don't know.

On 4/11/2018 at 10:41 AM, lyseoy said:

A brain transplant would definitely cost more than 800k. Maybe even a heart transplant? I don't know.

Have you read any of the threads on the first page of the forum?

Try this one for some specific examples of costs in subsequent posts - 

Yes I have. Not much quality information in it, hence my separate posting.

Still waiting for any first-hand accounts.

In any case, I signed up for the €800k coverage, and will change later to another insurer, whose minimum coverage is over GBP 2.000.000.