We are being harassed by policemen in Kantaralak for money, what should we do?

Fab1958

Most of them have no idea & are infact far less educated then other people in the village

Most of the time they become Poo yai baan is because no one wants the job

I disagree. There is potential for huge ‘kick backs/corruption’ to be had, so only the ones who can pay to be there, will be elected.

I do, however accept that different areas might have different situations. The above, is what I have experienced first hand in quite a few Isaan villages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Most of them have no idea & are infact far less educated then other people in the village

Most of the time they become Poo yai baan is because no one wants the job

I accept all villages are not the same.

Our Poo yai baan tends to be told what to do by his wife and she is always sat on the terrace of the office/house answering villagers queries and holding court, whilst he is a phone call away usually in the fields. He is actually a quiet, unassuming type of guy and doesn't drink alcohol.I like the guy.

However, as others have pointed out, it is a prestigious job as it carries salary and definitely kickbacks and they are at the centre of everything such as savings programmes, funeral programmes and anything where cash is involved.

Our man recently bought a brand spanking new tractor and attachments and it was parked proudly in the village whilst friends came from distances to have a look at it.......... Well, they aren't cheap!

19 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I assume the worse and would be seriously worried about the brother in law or other Thai relatives or friends involved.  Just one of those things.  Some bad habits about, nor or before.  Some debts owed.  Some rumors about how well off you are, etc. 

also i would sell the land as brother in law could get too greedy and get rid of the owner of the land so he can get a share of the money beware !

23 hours ago, Media1 said:

bullshit they would take him

Has zero to do with them. Just some dog police trying to extort BKK HQ game over 

they cannot take him as they found nothing when they searched if you bother to read the post , therefore the brother in law can continue with drug selling but keep them elsewhere , these kind of people are sneaky and can do this behind the back of the owner of the land and his wife , my 2nd thoughts are just sell the land as the brother in law could get greedy and want the money from getting rid of the owner and going halves with the wife 

2 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

they cannot take him as they found nothing when they searched if you bother to read the post , therefore the brother in law can continue with drug selling but keep them elsewhere , these kind of people are sneaky and can do this behind the back of the owner of the land and his wife , my 2nd thoughts are just sell the land as the brother in law could get greedy and want the money from getting rid of the owner and going halves with the wife 

All irrelevant information..They are operating illegally and and the brother in law has not been charged. 100 ilegal searches and huge harassment..They are not police. Police do not operate like this. l have spoken with a plain clothed cop. He agrees. Not police sorry bro

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I accept all villages are not the same.

Our Poo yai baan tends to be told what to do by his wife and she is always sat on the terrace of the office/house answering villagers queries and holding court, whilst he is a phone call away usually in the fields. He is actually a quiet, unassuming type of guy and doesn't drink alcohol.I like the guy.

However, as others have pointed out, it is a prestigious job as it carries salary and definitely kickbacks and they are at the centre of everything such as savings programmes, funeral programmes and anything where cash is involved.

Our man recently bought a brand spanking new tractor and attachments and it was parked proudly in the village whilst friends came from distances to have a look at it.......... Well, they aren't cheap!

But a Poo Yai will only hold the position for a few years to give others the chance to make some extra money that's supposed to be for the village. Well, and they may have a gun. 

3 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

So, you're basically sure that the brother in law is dealing drugs. If so then I'd assume Jaba, because it's everywhere. Can you confirm that? If he sells one pill for under 100 baht, he's a bigger fish. 

9 pages of pure speculation by the TV experts and the OP hasnt even bothered to log in and check on the advice he has been given. So its either a wind up or someone from the gang of 4 has tracked him down abroad and wasted him lol

9 pages of pure speculation by the TV experts and the OP hasnt even bothered to log in and check on the advice he has been given. So its either a wind up or someone from the gang of 4 has tracked him down abroad and wasted him lol

Conspicuous by his absence

Just now, jimn said:

It's not all pure speculation. You only have to read between the lines and the result is drug dealing, gambling and perhaps some other stuff. 

The OP doesn't have to be logged in to see it and it seems that he's got his reasons not to answer. Maybe a chat with his wife revealed the truth. 

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

But a Poo Yai will only hold the position for a few years to give others the chance to make some extra money that's supposed to be for the village. Well, and they may have a gun. 

oh skip the village crap..Storm the police station speak to the boss and twll.him.tje armynhas been notified. Thwy will clomb back into the hole they climbed out of.. Also make a police report there. keep the copy for the army lol. Fake police need a good belting..This thread is really a joke. Makes me angry reading it. Get there badge numbers 

4 minutes ago, Media1 said:

oh skip the village crap..Storm the police station speak to the boss and twll.him.tje armynhas been notified. Thwy will clomb back into the hole they climbed out of.. Also make a police report there. keep the copy for the army lol. Fake police need a good belting..This thread is really a joke. Makes me angry reading it. Get there badge numbers 

Please, nobody ever told you that you have to read it. Okay, we are aware that you're a real soldier with connections high up to the top.

But these people want something or are looking for something and the OP didn't know why they're always around. 

It's possible that the brother in law is dealing drugs, unfortunately, are drugs in this area everywhere. 

Just now, jenny2017 said:

Please, nobody ever told you that you have to read it. Okay, we are aware that you're a real soldier with connections high up to the top.

But these people want something or are looking for something and the OP didn't know why they're always around. 

It's possible that the brother in law is dealing drugs, unfortunately, are drugs in this area everywhere. 

bla bla bla... Face your problem head on. There looking to rob a foreigner. Give me a break please it's all to much. The little Thai men running around screaming police. Seen it hurd it all before <deleted>. Nip it in the bud. There either fake cops or acting with no authority..Either way they will run like all Thai men do

11 minutes ago, Media1 said:

bla bla bla... Face your problem head on. There looking to rob a foreigner. Give me a break please it's all to much. The little Thai men running around screaming police. Seen it hurd it all before <deleted>. Nip it in the bud. There either fake cops or acting with no authority..Either way they will run like all Thai men do

Ask them how many woman they have left high and dry with a baby

37 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

It's not all pure speculation. You only have to read between the lines and the result is drug dealing, gambling and perhaps some other stuff. 

The OP doesn't have to be logged in to see it and it seems that he's got his reasons not to answer. Maybe a chat with his wife revealed the truth. 

Agreed and yet I have to repeat that although many of the posts on the thread are probably correct, it is still speculation until the OP gets to the bottom of this and gives an update. Doubt if he will though. Be interesting to find out the nationality of the OP. From experience although there are gullible nieve people from all cultures. Some countries have more of them than others. Just an observation nothing racist intended.

Agreed and yet I have to repeat that although many of the posts on the thread are probably correct, it is still speculation until the OP gets to the bottom of this and gives an update. Doubt if he will though. Be interesting to find out the nationality of the OP. From experience although there are gullible nieve people from all cultures. Some countries have more of them than others. Just an observation nothing racist intended.

If all the TV FBI experts are right, I very much doubt that he would come back on here (in the same name) and admit he has been tricked.

2 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

There's many scenarios, & we will never know

Only his wife will know since she is his translater 

OH Rambo where were you a real soldier - If not Thailand it means jack

Oh connections at the top - Well I know a wealthy woman across the road that just divorced one of the top cops in BKK, not that she would go out of her way for me - Happy to have as the top local brass ensure the street security by having patrols every day

19 hours ago, Media1 said:

All irrelevant information..They are operating illegally and and the brother in law has not been charged. 100 ilegal searches and huge harassment..They are not police. Police do not operate like this. l have spoken with a plain clothed cop. He agrees. Not police sorry bro

you know nothing ! the brother in law who sells drugs will tell you any stupid story so he can continue doing it as you are not there all the time you dont know , sounds like your stupid enough to believe him 

18 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

So, you're basically sure that the brother in law is dealing drugs. If so then I'd assume Jaba, because it's everywhere. Can you confirm that? If he sells one pill for under 100 baht, he's a bigger fish. 

you have to look at the facts and police or no police are coming and searching the house , has anything been taken NO so that discounts thieves so yes i would say the brother in law is upto no good , just sell the land and make sure the brother in law does not get hold of your money 

On 4/6/2018 at 2:45 PM, Fab1958 said:

the police of that area is harassing us

On 4/6/2018 at 2:45 PM, Fab1958 said:

We are working out of the country

The police are not harassing you. You are not living in the country. The problem involves either your MiL or your BiL. Get them to sort it out or kick them off the land. Being as they're family I doubt your missus is telling you the full story. Time to put your foot down.

My advise is to write and ask journalist Andrew Drummond, he is amasing and has helped so many foreigners in Thailand! He know a lot of people and he know how the “Thai-system” works in practice... it’s impossible to find out your rights etc. when ask only Thai-people!!! The corruption is so big and crazy but I’m shoure Andrew can help and sometimes when they (police etc) know it’s in public they change because they are afraid to loose income from tourism in future. 

The Thai ministry blocked  his websites after he wrote about my daughter get raped in AoNang but you find him in Facebook and he said his website will open again... it’s not first time they blocking him after he write about victim stories.

I wish you you good luck! 

If all the TV FBI experts are right, I very much doubt that he would come back on here (in the same name) and admit he has been tricked.

The silence is deafening?

11 hours ago, Anca said:

My advise is to write and ask journalist Andrew Drummond, he is amasing and has helped so many foreigners in Thailand! He know a lot of people and he know how the “Thai-system” works in practice... it’s impossible to find out your rights etc. when ask only Thai-people!!! The corruption is so big and crazy but I’m shoure Andrew can help and sometimes when they (police etc) know it’s in public they change because they are afraid to loose income from tourism in future. 

The Thai ministry blocked  his websites after he wrote about my daughter get raped in AoNang but you find him in Facebook and he said his website will open again... it’s not first time they blocking him after he write about victim stories.

I wish you you good luck! 

There's no more Andrew who helps foreigners. He's gone. 

On 10.4.2018 at 9:12 AM, Rally123 said:

The police are not harassing you. You are not living in the country. The problem involves either your MiL or your BiL. Get them to sort it out or kick them off the land. Being as they're family I doubt your missus is telling you the full story. Time to put your foot down.

Andrew don’t live in Thailand, I know yes. But he can help from anywhere because he know a lot of people that can help him to help the foreigners. You understand? 

I’m not often in this and I don’t remember how to comment at 1 person text?! 

Sorry, I see I answered at wrong post/person... 

Andrew helped us with a rape case in February this year so I know he can help foreigners even if he not in Thailand him self. 

Archived