We are being harassed by policemen in Kantaralak for money, what should we do?

Fab1958

21 hours ago, Fab1958 said:

... if the BiL was doing something bad the policemen would have evidences and would have put him behind bars...

Not at all the way it often works here.

There is definitely more to this story and before you take action you need to know what it is.

Specifically - who they really are and what they want.

Loan sharks are a possibility. So are people hired by someone who wants you off your land for some reason.

Have you had any offers to sell? Any new development planned in your area?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on a somewhat similiar vein, i have a mate who bought a farm in Chang Rai, married had a son,spent a lot of money making it viable, although lives in the UK been here 30+ times, on last visit (this was 3 years ago) his wifes 2 brothers show up and said if he did not leave he would be buried on the farm, cops care jack shit out in the sticks. so obviously he beat a hasty retreat, this is just to say, be safe out there, as no one has got your back in this country, as said his wife was behind all of this, as she did not lift a finger to stop it.

2 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

on a somewhat similiar vein, i have a mate who bought a farm in Chang Rai, married had a son,spent a lot of money making it viable, although lives in the UK been here 30+ times, on last visit (this was 3 years ago) his wifes 2 brothers show up and said if he did not leave he would be buried on the farm, cops care jack shit out in the sticks. so obviously he beat a hasty retreat, this is just to say, be safe out there, as no one has got your back in this country, as said his wife was behind all of this, as she did not lift a finger to stop it.

I would have done a very bad thing. l would have caved there heads in before the airport near death. Are l bad or mad..Well.make your own call. But l go crazy when someone threatens me or my family. Thai ruff guys cowards 

7 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

l feel sorry for your friend. Unfortunately these people can never be trusted. l.live by that

22 hours ago, Fab1958 said:

Thanks to all of you,

The land has the proper title, and if the BiL was doing something bad the policemen would have evidences and would have put him behind bars. After almost 10 months they still have not taken any real action. Only pester everybody, to the point where daily employees do not want to work for us. We are concerned that these bad cops might even want to implant some drugs or God knows what, to later discover it and put the blame on us. As seen in the video enclosed, these guys spread out, and sometime only the MiL is present while the BiL is working in the farm, so she cannot follow each one of them.

It is not easy for us to address such an issue, because we are not on site.

Does anybody know the equivalent of 1111 to be dialed from outside the country?

Thanks again

Fab58

20180405_150119.mp4

Agricultural businesses and farms are prohibited to foreigners. Seems like you are using you in-laws to front your business. Under the laws land that has been bought illegally or used for illegal purposes can be confiscated by the Government.

Appears the authorities are onto you and by complaining or reporting the matter, you are only going to bring more attention to your illegal activities and probably why you are reluctant to address the issue, so would I be. 

22 minutes ago, Media1 said:

l feel sorry for your friend. Unfortunately these people can never be trusted. l.live by that

Who are "these people"? I know plenty of trustworthy Thais. More likely it's that foreigners - particularly older males with money enough to be worth ripping off - meet female Thais who come from poor, avaricious families, and they have not acquired sufficient understanding of local culture before buying the house, the car etc. In any case, such deceptions are by no means unique to Thailand.

9 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Agricultural businesses and farms are prohibited to foreigners. Seems like you are using you in-laws to front your business. Under the laws land that has been bought illegally or used for illegal purposes can be confiscated by the Government.

Appears the authorities are onto you and by complaining or reporting the matter, you are only going to bring more attention to your illegal activities and probably why you are reluctant to address the issue, so would I be. 

I wouldn't even be concerned about this

He holds no interest in the property as it's his Wife's

They are both overseas & who's not to say that his Wife is not supporting them with her money

14 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

I wouldn't even be concerned about this

He holds no interest in the property as it's his Wife's

They are both overseas & who's not to say that his Wife is not supporting them with her money

Agree, but from experience I know that in the majority of cases of Farlangs married to Thai women, it`s usually the Farlang that puts up the money for homes and businesses.

Farlangs can have problems if they begin trending on Thais turf, especially in business and the farming industries, as these days the farmers are enduring very hard times. Too many Farlangs think they can get around the system by finding loopholes in the laws, using Thais to front ownership's, but now the authorities are wise to it. I have no doubts that locals in the area know there is a Farlang involved with that land and in turn the word quickly spreads around. 

Very easy to establish, all the police need to do is follow the money trail from purchase and to where the profits from the business are being sent.

I agree with Sheryl above: first, ascertain exactly who these people are - are they even police? Be cautious. Second, if they are real police, do they even have a warrant to search your wife's property? Third, get a clear statement, recorded secretly if necessary, of who is accusing whom, and of what. If they are not real police, or if their actions still seem suspicious, use the 1111 website from outside Thailand: http://www.1111.go.th/?lg=en-US.

If you get nowhere with that, the RTA should be your next port of call. 

We are being harassed by policemen in Kantaralak for money, what should we do?

How does the OP even know that they want money? 11 cameras, but the film was made with a telephone and doesn't show much.

As we all know, many Thais are in debt for playing games, many Thais are involved in drugs, and foreigners are often an easy target. I'd really check on the family first. 

I'd go to the real cops, try to have a chat with the boss, offer some money for help and see what will happen. These people are not cops, and I'd focus on my own family first.

Please be prepared whatever the real cops will find out. 

2 hours ago, Media1 said:

I would have done a very bad thing. l would have caved there heads in before the airport near death. Are l bad or mad..Well.make your own call. But l go crazy when someone threatens me or my family. Thai ruff guys cowards 

Are you for real? :omfg:

13 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Are you for real? :omfg:

100% Sir. Nobody is going to steal my life and threaten my life and think l will stand there and cry lol. l spent 2 years defending my country in a war. Maybe you enjoy being robbed and slapped around lol. Enjoy

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

LOL give the man a rest he can do as he pleases. His married . l have to laugh at you 

7 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

yes looks like the brother in law has been upto no good maybe he sells drugs and the police are searching for drugs , best get rid of brother in law or sell the land .

I assume the worse and would be seriously worried about the brother in law or other Thai relatives or friends involved.  Just one of those things.  Some bad habits about, nor or before.  Some debts owed.  Some rumors about how well off you are, etc. 

22 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

How does the OP even know that they want money? 11 cameras, but the film was made with a telephone and doesn't show much.

Should have a system where he can tune in if have Wifi

18 hours ago, siamcrut said:

According to that VDO, I would say these aren’t official cops.
Without a warrant and showing their police ID’s they cannot just walk into your house! At least not in mine.
BTW throw some rusty nails and spikes outside your drive way on one side (for their next visit....)

correct they can not enter without a warrant and certainly can not keep entering and harassing people  l doubt there real police 

On 06/04/2018 at 3:03 PM, BEVUP said:

No doubt not the police 

They usually go after businesses serving the public

I'd throw this suggestion into the hat.

It may be another Brother Inlaw story being supported by M/IL

Loan Sharks ! 

yeah there not police

1 hour ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

I agree with Sheryl above: first, ascertain exactly who these people are - are they even police? Be cautious. Second, if they are real police, do they even have a warrant to search your wife's property? Third, get a clear statement, recorded secretly if necessary, of who is accusing whom, and of what. If they are not real police, or if their actions still seem suspicious, use the 1111 website from outside Thailand: http://www.1111.go.th/?lg=en-US.

If you get nowhere with that, the RTA should be your next port of call. 

Recording someone without their consent will get you prosecuted in many countries, even if it's recording public servants.  Posting an illegally obtained video with audio track can get you tossed in a Thai jail under computer crime laws.  And those assume that it's really cops- it could go worse if they're garden variety thugs. 

Even if they report it from outside the country, someone has to be on the video in conversation with the bad guys.   I'd check with a Thai attorney and get my relatives' input and permission before I'd risk throwing them under a bus.  Unless, of course, that would be a desirable result.

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Recording someone without their consent will get you prosecuted in many countries, even if it's recording public servants.  Posting an illegally obtained video with audio track can get you tossed in a Thai jail under computer crime laws.  And those assume that it's really cops- it could go worse if they're garden variety thugs. 

Even if they report it from outside the country, someone has to be on the video in conversation with the bad guys.   I'd check with a Thai attorney and get my relatives' input and permission before I'd risk throwing them under a bus.  Unless, of course, that would be a desirable result.

rubbish they are on his property ilegal he can record sing and dance.

Skip the storied bro. They are not police and they maybe 1 who is. He is small ranked <deleted>. 

Report this to the army hotline your family lives in fear. Oh say you support Prayut lol. These men are fellons soon to be in the monkey house

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

OP, are you somehow involved in the purchase of a bigger rubber tree plantation?

10 minutes ago, Media1 said:

rubbish they are on his property ilegal he can record sing and dance.

Skip the storied bro. They are not police and they maybe 1 who is. He is small ranked <deleted>. 

Report this to the army hotline your family lives in fear. Oh say you support Prayut lol. These men are fellons soon to be in the monkey house

The police in Thailand have draconian powers, in many cases they don`t require warrants to search and enter onto properties.

The word is, don`t mess or get on the wrong side of the Thai police, they are a law among themselves. If the OP decides to report this, he had better make sure he`s done everything above board.

3 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

The police in Thailand have draconian powers, in many cases they don`t require warrants to search and enter onto properties.

The word is, don`t mess or get on the wrong side of the Thai police, they are a law among themselves. If the OP decides to report this, he had better make sure he`s done everything above board.

Thai cops can search houses whenever they want to if they believe that people deal drugs, gambling etc..the OP should have a word with his wife as I believe that she already knows what they ( these people, acting like cops) want and why. 

1 minute ago, jenny2017 said:

Thai cops can search houses whenever they want to if they believe that people deal drugs, gambling etc..the OP should have a word with his wife as I believe that she already knows what they ( these people, acting like cops) want and why. 

LOL bullshit. You been watching to many movies. l know 3 high ranked police. And stop talking shit. Your confusing people. By a law book.

Archived