We are being harassed by policemen in Kantaralak for money, what should we do?

Fab1958

1 minute ago, Media1 said:

LOL bullshit. You been watching to many movies. l know 3 high ranked police. And stop talking shit. Your confusing people. By a law book.

Proof me wrong, or ask any of your high ranking officers, before you're trying to call my words bs, please. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Media1 said:

I would have done a very bad thing. l would have caved there heads in before the airport near death. Are l bad or mad..Well.make your own call. But l go crazy when someone threatens me or my family. Thai ruff guys cowards 

they would probably shoot you 

24 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Proof me wrong, or ask any of your high ranking officers, before you're trying to call my words bs, please. 

RTP require a search warrant at all times. They can only conduct a emergency search with the army present. Yes you are wrong unfortunately. I have asked lol

49 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

It is still not clear, in this whole account, whether the 'police' are after the BIL or the farang owner of the land? Surely this is the first thing to sort out?

Can't be Farang owner of land

But a foreigner who gave the money for the land. Not too long ago, there's a foreigner who bought a huge piece of land with plenty of rubber trees on, but the seller didn't seem to be the owner. If there's a lot of money involved, it can be extremely dangerous. There were quite a few similar stories, one of them was a foreigner who ripped another one off. 

And all happened in the same area of this wonderful country. 

3 hours ago, Media1 said:

rubbish they are on his property ilegal he can record sing and dance.

Skip the storied bro. They are not police and they maybe 1 who is. He is small ranked <deleted>. 

Report this to the army hotline your family lives in fear. Oh say you support Prayut lol. These men are fellons soon to be in the monkey house

And your degree in Thai law came from?

You wife knows very well what is going on but does not want to tell you for some reason, possibly because either she or her family have been up to something. The most likely explanation is that she or her family owes money. Sorry to have to say this but unless you have done something, it makes no sense otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

You wife knows very well what is going on but does not want to tell you for some reason, possibly because either she or her family have been up to something. The most likely explanation is that she or her family owes money. Sorry to have to say this but unless you have done something, it makes no sense otherwise.

+1

6 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

+ 1, Of course, is your wife aware what's going on. It's for sure not the first time when this family needed money on "special occasions". You're asking a question on a forum, but you should ask your wife some very serious questions to find out how bad it is. Best of luck! 

Dear OP......You have made 2 major mistakes..

1) Provide money to buy land you can not own legally

2) Ask the 'legal experts' on Thaivisa for advice

Read the whole thread, and I have to admit, it was great entertainment...

5 minutes ago, JOC said:

Dear OP......You have made 2 major mistakes..

1) Provide money to buy land you can not own legally

2) Ask the 'legal experts' on Thaivisa for advice

Read the whole thread, and I have to admit, it was great entertainment...

yes lol it is all a load of BS.

i read whole thred also, but NOT ONE person mentions the Poo-yai baan??

cmon you guys, this is a small village right?

if ever there is problem, the people will contact the poo-yai baan to get both sides sorted.

a problem that no-one seems to know about??..sorry this is a big steaming pile of BS.

if the OPs wife keep playing dumb, tell her family must get the poo-yai involved and have him at house when these guys show up.

of course it wont do much, as the family already know to well what the true problem is, but at least if OP say this they might not  take him for such a buffalo.

2 hours ago, impulse said:

And your degree in Thai law came from?

l have very good knowledge on Thai law.Many associates here. You can believe what you like. l know what l know. There merely criminals..They belong in a cell. if was me they would not get anywhere near my family or living areas lol.

6 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

if ever there is problem, the people will contact the poo-yai baan to get both sides sorted.

a problem that no-one seems to know about??..sorry this is a big steaming pile of BS.

if the OPs wife keep playing dumb, tell her family must get the poo-yai involved and have him at house when these guys show up.

of course it wont do much, as the family already know to well what the true problem is, but at least if OP say this they might not  take him for such a buffalo.

It says in Kantharalak. It's not a village, it's a city. In 2014 a population of over 200,000 people in Kantharaklak district.

3 minutes ago, Media1 said:

l have very good knowledge on Thai law.Many associates here. You can believe what you like. l know what l know. There merely criminals..They belong in a cell. if was me they would not get anywhere near my family or living areas lol.

l know what l know

That's what you know. Not more.  ( lol)

9 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

Brain or Baan. Both are far away lol

5 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

It says in Kantharalak. It's not a village, it's a city. In 2014 a population of over 200,000 people in Kantharaklak district.

ok i never heard if the place. i should have looked it like i normally do before a comment.so my bad!

Kantalak is really a town and not a city IMO. I guess he’s using the local city/town name as no one would have a clue where the village is. My wife always answers Sisaket to the normal first question “where do you come from” but her family live outside Kantalak.
You only have to be a couple of kilometres outside the town to be in a small village.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, jenny2017 said:

l know what l know

That's what you know. Not more.  ( lol)

If you made any sense l would answer..But l bored of TV settlers. l spent 7 years in the army..Been married to Thai for 12 years. Not a village lowie. Educated wealthy background..l also had over 17 pro fights in the country ran into all leagues including generals. You are knocking on the wrong door. So l suggest you know what your rambling on about in the future. 

1 minute ago, MrTrip said:

Kantalak is really a town and not a city IMO. I guess he’s using the local city/town name as no one would have a clue where the village is. My wife always answers Sisaket to the normal first question “where do you come from” but her family live outside Kantalak.
You only have to be a couple of kilometres outside the town to be in a small village.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

true, and the way he wrote the OP, make it sound like a village

39 minutes ago, Media1 said:

If you made any sense l would answer..But l bored of TV settlers. l spent 7 years in the army..Been married to Thai for 12 years. Not a village lowie. Educated wealthy background..l also had over 17 pro fights in the country ran into all leagues including generals. You are knocking on the wrong door. So l suggest you know what your rambling on about in the future. 

None of those Generals remember you by name or recall watching you get filled in. 

I don't know why some posters think the Poo yai baan can help very much. They cannot do very much at all except liaise in local disputes between villagers. They also act as liaison between the police/authorities and the locals living in the village who are uneducated, as the authorities haven't the patience to sit and explain to these people..

The Poo yai baan ( especially in our village )  would get out of the way if there is any kind of mafia involvement, they wouldn't want to get involved, they have families too. These guys are no superheroes, just normal folk with a slightly better understanding of the mechanics of local government than the rest of them in the village.

Others are saying report it to the Army, I can't see this helping very much. It is still the job of the Police to police in Thailand. The ruling junta, for want of a better word, has representatives of the Army, Navy, Air Force and Police, all sitting together.

I am also unsure about other areas but around the areas and villages of Roi Et and  Kalasin, from what I have seen and witnessed, the cops and Army seem patrolling together in groups and to be working for themselves and each other, " hand in glove ".

I cannot see them treading on each other's toes for some silly villager that has got themselves into debt. However, if these people turn out to be mafia debt collectors, that would be a different matter and I feel sure they, the Army and Police, would act.

I stand by my earlier post of making an appointment to see the Chief of Police at the station if you cannot get any joy with the family. Let's face it, these guys are not coming for no reason and must think they are on solid ground to be turning up so regularly. I think it will be for a debt.

10 hours ago, Media1 said:

l feel sorry for your friend. Unfortunately these people can never be trusted. l.live by that

but you said you had a guy that worked for the anti corruption force that is not corrupt (therefore could be trusted) 

8 hours ago, ericthai said:

but you said you had a guy that worked for the anti corruption force that is not corrupt (therefore could be trusted) 

In my dealings with the Anti-corruption squad in Bangkok years ago guys, now called the DSI, they were all corrupt, it's just the depths that differ.

3 hours ago, mettech said:

One thing not to forget farang is like a ATM machine and a walking wallet ...Go figure.

It's a tired old cliche, to be honest. However, Thais at the level of Isaarn farmers are ' chancers ' they will ask if you say ' No ' they will say they were only joking. If you say ' Yes ' they have hit the mini jackpot.

In your own country, if a child knows he or she cannot get sweets/candy from their parents and ask you and you give him or her, they will see you as a soft touch.

You know very well, they will ask again and again until you eventually are forced to either say No, or that you have no goodies left to give them. Same principle here. It's not a ' personal thing ' to Foreigners as they do it to each other given the chance. They are manipulators, selling their YOUTH, sex, or their heart to the highest bidder.

It happens time and time again with rich Thai men having 21 or 22-year-old girls as the ' Mia noi '

10 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

The Poo yai baan ( especially in our village )  would get out of the way if there is any kind of mafia involvement, they wouldn't want to get involved, they have families too. These guys are no superheroes, just normal folk with a slightly better understanding of the mechanics of local government than the rest of them in the villag

Most of them have no idea & are infact far less educated then other people in the village

Most of the time they become Poo yai baan is because no one wants the job

3 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Most of them have no idea & are infact far less educated then other people in the village

Most of the time they become Poo yai baan is because no one wants the job

Correct, the PooYai isn't the most educated person in the village and the OP should contact the Chief of Police in Kantharalak, or contact the Chief of Police in Sisaket, where Kantharalak belongs to.

What I don't understand is the OP's statement that 11 cameras are installed, but the film was made with a phone. And you can't really see the people clearly. The family who lives in the house know exactly what's going on. 

Archived