Thailand ranked world’s ‘least miserable’ country again

rooster59

1 minute ago, Bangkokazy said:

Working life in Thailand.

683948226.jpg

According to one well known Canadian musician who moved to California, apparently they used to have a saying in Toronto - "Thank God it's Monday"!

On Sat Apr 07 2018 at 8:20 AM, Lungstib said:

25 field labourers, standing in the back of a pick-up in the morning rain, that just passed my house on the way to 250b a day work may not agree. 

Someone needs to take a look at just how those unemployed numbers were calculated. I think 1 hour a weeks work on your home 'farm' is considered employment. It's absurd.

But the world over we are seeing the majority of new jobs are part time/ zero hours/ casual contracts.

Yes some of wages in thailand appear pitifully low but again it is relative to the country one lives in.

Those of us baby boomers can only look aghast at what constitutes employment these days and thank our lucky stars. 

The pm of australia recently patted himself on the back re the creation of 400k new jobs in the past 12 months.

Probably fewer than 15% pf these jobs will cover the cost of keeping roof over their heads.

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Maybe I'm not writing it right? I said nothing about being bored?

When you refer to FB and stuff living here it might be making things worse watching others brag about what they have? It is crazy Thai will post picture of people who just got into a accident laying in bed all bang up. Then it is bragging about their boob job, nose job etc.. it might be helpful with the boredom of their jobs but also might make people depress. I also didn't say Westerners are happier either. Since you mentioned that is the point the old Thai guy is making?  Now with access to the Internet etc.. they see what the West think and have so they want the same borrowing all they earn to have it is what making Thai look so unhappy end of the day at the bus stops. Sure you can play on the IPhone, Samsung 10 but you still got to pay for it!  Credit is a curse a disease make people unhappy especially when you can't really afford it?

My post was just my observations and not necessarily a response to what you wrote.....I think we agree with each other anyway. 

On 4/8/2018 at 5:08 AM, AloisAmrein said:

Minimum wage officially 300 Baht PER DAY, often not paid. A lot of people work for less. Pension for old people 580 Baht, PER MONTH.

Im offering 800 baht a  day and still have trouble finding  anyone for work on the land, 5  day week 7  hour  day, works out at 16000 baht a month + perks

Im offering 800 baht a  day and still have trouble finding  anyone for work on the land, 5  day week 7  hour  day, works out at 16000 baht a month + perks
Most likely a Myanmar migrant will work for you. Locals only want air cond office jobs for that salary.