Trump to snub White House press dinner for second consecutive year

rooster59

11 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Are your referring to "Willie Brown" as in the former mayor of San Francisco, California?

He kept, to some extent, corruption in check.      He was reasonably   careful to  think about the greatest good for the greatest number even if it was outside the law.

https://calwatchdog.com/2013/04/07/why-kamala-harris-is-probably-not-thrilled-with-compliment/

I'd already left San Francisco by the time Willie became Mayor. When he was the legislative assembly speaker he was the most powerful politician in California for many years. The Mayorship was just a vanity gig and boy was Willie vain. Corrupt too, in the Daley and Long tradition

Edited by lannarebirth

19 minutes ago, BuriramSam said:

I don't see the big deal here. Who cares about some silly dinner?

It's a time honored tradition that "trump" ignores. You're right that in itself isn't significant. Add up the many other bizarre things "trump" does as president and then that's another press story.

• Like 1

Trump probably has far more important things on his mind like chatting online with a number of super models.

All of these media / hollywood black tie  nights  are self congratulatory non events.  Who cares about them except the freeloaders  that get free invites.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

It's a time honored tradition that "trump" ignores. You're right that in itself isn't significant. Add up the many other bizarre things "trump" does as president and then that's another press story.

I see nothing bizarre about anyone avoiding people that hate them. I guess that's just me.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:53 AM, BuriramSam said:

I don't see the big deal here. Who cares about some silly dinner?

I always thought that one of the reasons that Reagan was so popular was the fact that while he had his finger  on the nuclear button , he also took time out to dance with his wife !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim1000 said:

I always thought that one of the reasons that Reagan was so popular was the fact that while he had his finger  on the nuclear button , he also took time out to dance with his wife !

Indeed. Balance is important. I feel Trump needs a sea anchor. Right now we can scoff, but he is dangerous loose cannon.

I just did a little research on this useless event and learned a few things:

The dinner has been held since 1914 and barred guests of color until the 1950s, and women were not allowed to attend until 1962.  Not a great start - but there is more.

The Board Members and Management Committee are 99% from liberal media outlets.

They give out 3 'journalist' awards each year - the last 10 years they have all been won by liberal media outlets/journalists.  CNN, NBC, ABC, NYT and WP dominate. Stories in praise of Obama have won quite a few - LOL.

Trump is doing what all conservative patriots would do - not attending.

• Like 1

The dinner has been held since 1914 and barred guests of color until the 1950s, and women were not allowed to attend until 1962.  Not a great start - but there is more.

They give out 3 'journalist' awards each year - the last 10 years they have all been won by liberal media outlets/journalists.  CNN, NBC, ABC, NYT and WP dominate. Stories in praise of Obama have won quite a few - LOL.

He's doing what all bad sports would do. Chickening out.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:44 PM, ELVIS123456 said:

Well last time he got a shellacking from Obama for focusing on small things like " birth places" while the President was killing   off  Bin Liner.

I'm surprised he wouldn't relish the chance to get even and tell O what a great job he's doing  - blah blah .

I guess I'm missing something

22 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

With POTUS's hiring of some high priced  lawyers, it gives the appearance he's circling the wagons.

Yeah, and the white house is a pretty impressive wagon. Same thing happened to Nixon but he didn't have Fox News.