BHP Kawasaki Ninja 400

crisp

Does anyone know the horse power of the Thai Kawasaki Ninja 400?

I'm asking as I believe there are differences depending on the country it is sold in. 

Canada has a 50 bhp version!

6 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Damn!

What a nice replacement for the N300. This should be a very, very fun little bike. 

Well done Kawa! 

We'll done? KTM rc390 well done. Kawa now just try do some...:))) price is same...

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, ardokano said:

We'll done? KTM rc390 well done. Kawa now just try do some...:))) price is same...

It seems that the KTM RC 390 is not sold in Thailand anymore, and when it was sold in 2015 it was 300k THB

11 hours ago, jackdd said:

It seems that the KTM RC 390 is not sold in Thailand anymore, and when it was sold in 2015 it was 300k THB

From 2016 its 214k and still selling. 2017 moto expo have offer near a 180k sell + free first insurance . clean old in stock bike.

23 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

373cc single cylinder?

Thump Thump Thump Thump Thump.

Yes is it. Batter ceelerating. Better stay on curves, better braking than kawa 300... About 400 do no... But its can be 3 years.. Kawa now just do it... Its well do?:)) ha ha

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, ardokano said:

From 2016 its 214k and still selling. 2017 moto expo have offer near a 180k sell + free first insurance . clean old in stock bike.

23 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

373cc single cylinder?

Thump Thump Thump Thump Thump.

Here's pic of someone riding one.

Bricklayer-Machine-Funny-Jackhammer-Gifs

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Here's pic of someone riding one.

Bricklayer-Machine-Funny-Jackhammer-Gifs

No need show me your pic.. I ride RC390 now have duke 390its best in class. Another only bla bla... I do no about new kawa. Not test it. But ... Ktm its almost 3 years ago done. Kawa try to do now. 

Edited by ardokano

I don't understand why expats buy small bikes around the 300 cc range?? If you are a biker, then buy something that is safe to use on Thailand's road to keep you out of trouble.

I own a 110cc for village 7/11 shopping and a Z1000 for biking, would never ever consider taking a small CC'd bike onto a main road ever.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

There is very little on the Thai roads that will out accelerate a 3,5 or 600 and it has been mentioned by people far more knowledgeable than me that the best way to get skilled at something is to progress through different stages...

What exactly do you believe a 1000cc brings to the party that makes it the only thing you would use on the Thai roads?

Confused....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cranki said:

I don't understand why expats buy small bikes around the 300 cc range?? If you are a biker, then buy something that is safe to use on Thailand's road to keep you out of trouble.

I own a 110cc for village 7/11 shopping and a Z1000 for biking, would never ever consider taking a small CC'd bike onto a main road ever.

May be not have money buy 1 litre?

But in case on road look many on 800-1000cc who in traffic or on curve turn oven not get 100km/h...

PS

If not mind can you show your rear wheel pic. OK?;)

7 minutes ago, mark131v said:

There is very little on the Thai roads that will out accelerate a 3,5 or 600 and it has been mentioned by people far more knowledgeable than me that the best way to get skilled at something is to progress through different stages...

What exactly do you believe a 1000cc brings to the party that makes it the only thing you would use on the Thai roads?

Confused....

On moped its only need just understanding how to sit on bike. After need get some more than 600cc..work by  Turtleits different.

And "moped" its fine for trafficking, or when you not have money. Its fine too. But if have... Why not buy some big? And start learning ride...

13 hours ago, mark131v said:

Confused....

Numerous times I've had to blip on the throttle to keep me out of the way of some idiot in a ute (pick-up) who thinks he's Mario Andretti, on a 300cc I'd have to down change to get me out of the way..

Oh....and I didn't say 1000cc would be the ONLY bike to use....but wouldn't catch me out on the roads on a 300cc  :-)

13 hours ago, ardokano said:

May be not have money buy 1 litre?

But in case on road look many on 800-1000cc who in traffic or on curve turn oven not get 100km/h...

PS

If not mind can you show your rear wheel pic. OK?;)

I have about 1.5cm either side if that's what your chasing.....

PS: so called "chicken strips" do not tell how good a rider is...complete fallacy...cheers

4 hours ago, cranki said:

but wouldn't catch me out on the roads on a 300cc  :-)

4 hours ago, cranki said:
18 hours ago, ardokano said:

rear wheel pic. OK?;)

I have about 1.5cm either side if that's what your chasing.....

PS: so called "chicken strips" do not tell how good a rider is...complete fallacy...cheers

Very funny. Just few day ago from bangkok to Pattaya  on Z800 some like you:)) and easy be near him on duke 390... And on duke I am not ride to fast.. Even have chicken strips.. Less than 1.5 cm. But have;)...

No  big deal on a modern big motorcycle, go straight for a full throttle ;)

Good review of some bikes in the 250-400cc class, including the Duke 390 and the Ninja 400. Just short of 1 minute in, they dyno test the bikes.  Kawa had 43.3 HP at 9900 RPM.  13.50 second 1/4 mile @ 97.42 MPH is not too shabby.

The Ninja 400 is pretty impressive in general.  Peppy but tractable and has a bit more civilized riding position than a pure crotch rocket. Major upgrade to the Ninja 300.  Top speed  about 190 KPH : 

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2018 at 9:08 PM, cranki said:

Ridiculous.  papa has ridden 150cc all over Thailand. Laos, Cambo, VN.

Really 130 KPH is enough.

Would never take a small bike on a trip through Thailand. You have zero power to get yourself out of trouble. You are basically a sitting duck. I like to sit higher and be faster then the rest. Don't want to be overtaken by cars left and right. I think only people who right serious bikes understand. 

Edited by Nickymaster

5 hours ago, Nickymaster said:

You are basically a sitting duck.

I agree. More power gives you one more option to get out of trouble.

With a smaller bike increasing speed quickly is not on the table. You can move over, or slow down.

If neither of these options are life savers, Bye Bye

I try and get ahead of the traffic, and only have to worry about oncoming vehicles. Or the obnoxious self centred P***k in a mini bus, Benz or Bimmer who MUST pass me.

In that case, carry some marbles in your lower LH pocket, zipper down. Pass him, drop a handful on the road. They bounce up and go thru the rad and intercooler. Soon he ain't trying to pass anymore.

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, eisfeld said:

to paraphrase a popular saying:

it's not the top speed that matters, it's the the journey to get there.

There's also a saying:

It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow.

I really like this bike, 400c Ninja twin would be fun in many parts of Thailand. For touring I would want a minimum of a ninja 650, but as an all rounder, once you get to the hills and twisties, I'd go for this. 

Forget the single cylinder nonsense on the KTM 373cc.

24 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow

I don't agree with this in general. I like the punch of ample torque. To me, it's more enjoyable to twist the throttle on my Scrambler at 50kph than it is to ride my CBR500R at 150kph. That being said, I still keep my CBR - which is not all too different from the Ninja 400 - because it has its own qualities.