Grass seed supplier in thailand

bilal

Hello guys..

I couldnt find any section for gardening related stuff so im posting it im general..

If any1 could help me with some information regarding grass seeds suppliers in bangkok or anywhere in thailand. 

Im looking for a big quantity maybe around 200 kgs of seed or more. I couldnt find any online shop as well so i thought lemme try my luck at thaivisa.... 

i cant farm it in thailand ... i noticed there are alot of seed companies in thailand but non of them have grass seeds... the reason i wanna buy the seed is i need to export it to another country...

Thailand probably isn't your best source for grass seed.

What type of seed do you need (golf course, bowling green or what?).

What environment will it be living in, no point sourcing a tropical variety for a lawn in Ulan Batur.

im looking for grass seeds for garden and public parks..  the grass will be used in pakistan... they have 4 seasons there ...

i checked US has alot of grass suppliers but im not sure if can visit them at the moment....

incase you know any other country in this asian region that can supply good variety of grass seeds.

2 minutes ago, bilal said:

im looking for grass seeds for garden and public parks..  the grass will be used in pakistan... they have 4 seasons there ...

i checked US has alot of grass suppliers but im not sure if can visit them at the moment....

incase you know any other country in this asian region that can supply good variety of grass seeds.

Then Thailand is the wrong place to look for seeds, Pakistan has a different climate (in parts) to here. I'm sure that if you can't find it in Pakistan you can find it in India, both countries play cricket after all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The op is in Bangkok,he could try the Thai  DLD, Department or Livestock Development, Google them.

But the DLD and Michal Hare, produce grass seed  for livestock grazing,

The op wants it for gardens and parks, that is a different type grass,a lot hardier then grazing grass .and different growing conditions, and 200 kg I think it's not going to be easy.

1 minute ago, kickstart said:

The op is in Bangkok,he could try the Thai  DLD, Department or Livestock Development, Google them.

But the DLD and Michal Hare, produce grass seed  for livestock grazing,

The op wants it for gardens and parks, that is a different type grass,a lot hardier then grazing grass .and different growing conditions, and 200 kg I think it's not going to be easy.

Quite easy it just depends on where , type & cost

On 08/04/2018 at 5:14 PM, cooked said:

This has been a topic before. The guy to contact is Michael Hare on this forum.

Anyway. 200Kg? At 20 gm / M2 that's 10 000M2. Blimey. 

200kg of a forage grass seed like Mulato II or Mombassa Guinea would be enough for 10 hectares, with 1 hectare being 10,000m2. So ten times what you suggested. (And 10 hectares being 62.5 rai). 

On 08/04/2018 at 5:16 PM, bilal said:

I would agree with Cooked that you should look in Pakistan or India first. 

"4 seasons" is not enough information. You need to know the climatic variables and soil type. The people in Pakistan should be able to say what species/variety is required. I am sure the turf industry is already well established there. 

14 minutes ago, JungleBiker said:

200kg of a forage grass seed like Mulato II or Mombassa Guinea would be enough for 10 hectares, with 1 hectare being 10,000m2. So ten times what you suggested. (And 10 hectares being 62.5 rai). 

depends on the seed. Thanks for the correction

• Like 1

On 4/8/2018 at 5:29 PM, Crossy said:

Since you want a lot let's try farming.

I suspect the overwhelming respons will be "buy turf (sod)", seed will just feed the local winged inhabitants.

My wife just purchased grass seed for our beach plot (well close to the beach, I'm not a millionaire).. 

I did warn her to try a small area 1st, just to see if the birds got fatter :)

Plus the irrigation system is not fully functional yet and I'm sure it will need constant watering to be successful !!