Alongkorn: Thailand in transition after enactment of 11 reform plans

webfact

Alongkorn: Thailand in transition after enactment of 11 reform plans

PNPOL610408001000401.jpg

BANGKOK, 9th April 2018 (NNT) – The future of Thailand is bright after the introduction of eleven reform plans, according to Alongkorn Ponlaboot, a former deputy speaker of the now defunct National Reform Steering Assembly (NRSA). 

Referring to the promulgation of eleven reform plans in the Royal Gazette on April 6th, Alongkorn said it was a historic day marking the period of Thailand transitioning into a stable and thriving nation, expressing his highest hope that all sectors including political parties will adhere to the eleven reform plans and steer the country forward with peace, unity, and reconciliation. 

Alongkorn noted that the reform plans were written as part of the 20-year national strategic plan which seeks to establish a culture of growth and development in a sustainable fashion. 

Alongkorn likened national reform to replacing a vehicle’s engine, saying it was a huge change yet necessary in order for Thailand become a better nation.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-04-09

36 minutes ago, webfact said:

"Alongkorn noted that the reform plans were written as part of the 20-year national strategic plan which seeks to establish a culture of growth and development in a sustainable fashion. 

Alongkorn likened national reform to replacing a vehicle’s engine, saying it was a huge change yet necessary in order for Thailand become a better nation."

So does anyone remotely think that any subsequent government will for the next twenty years be prepared to follow anything that has come from the mouth of the Supreme Saviour? Seriously?

I noticed the get out of the poo card being played here: "in order for Thailand [to] become a better nation." It could take the entire twenty years perhaps?

That's just in case someone has memory longer than a week, and tries to criticise the idea when it doesn't work.

I take it the Supreme Saviour may not be around in twenty years  - at least I don't think he's declared himself immortal so far.

So does anyone remotely think that any subsequent government will for the next twenty years be prepared to follow anything that has come from the mouth of the Supreme Saviour? Seriously?

I noticed the get out of the poo card being played here: "in order for Thailand [to] become a better nation." It could take the entire twenty years perhaps?
That's just in case someone has memory longer than a week, and tries to criticise the idea when it doesn't work.
I take it the Supreme Saviour may not be around in twenty years  - at least I don't think he's declared himself immortal so far.

Is your stance that no effort should be made?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

Seriously a 20 years plan? Does that include say another 2 to 3 coups? Let's call that a framework or an intended path with some loose goals and no specifics. Don't see the plan being communicated to the people, so where is the buy-in support. So it is royally gazetted which a trap door for judiciary coup of elected governments.     

• Like 1