French cop held for rape of British teen on Koh Tao

webfact

18 minutes ago, sambum said:

"because he is black" Nobody mentioned him being black - just you!

Just remember that you started with the racist comments this time! And How about a bit of sympathy for the victim here? 

First, at all is there a victim after all, the story stinks. Might be the Frenchie is the victim after all?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Jiggo said:

18, age of consent lets her....

Correct and also adults are responsible for the consequences of their actions.

Again, this seems will be a case of who the police and a court will believe, as rape cannot be proven either way, considering the woman spent the night with the guy.

I would like to know how it came about this man and woman went off together and are there any witnesses that were there during that time?

On 4/9/2018 at 6:31 AM, robblok said:

How so.. do you think he has HIV because he is black .. or pregnancy... morning after pill works good. 

I was surprised the race card hadn't been used yet. I think it's obvious the man meant a sperm deposit but I suppose the race is more prominent.

9 hours ago, luis888 said:

I was surprised the race card hadn't been used yet. I think it's obvious the man meant a sperm deposit but I suppose the race is more prominent.

I was wrong, but I did not understand at first why the worry about a sperm deposit.. I mean a morning after pill sorts that out. I also in general never worried about STD if it was between two non sex workers. 

Anyway lets see how this develops if she really was drugged, what the people in the bar say because so far its inconclusive either way.

14 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Nope, it was a bit different. She called back home, mom called the embassy, the embassy informed the cops. It seems that she only went to the cops because the cops already knew what happened from the embassy.

And that makes it a bit suspicious. 

Not really. A lot of people I know would contact a whole bunch of people to seek advice before contacting the police here. I mean, they don't exactly have the best reputation. So a young woman calling her Mother after being assaulted makes perfect sense to me. After-all, she rang the person she probably trusts most in the world first.

12 hours ago, jethro69 said:

First, at all is there a victim after all, the story stinks. Might be the Frenchie is the victim after all?

Would a rapist really be so stupid to take the victim to his own hotel room to rape her?  She called her mom, but she didn't even think about calling the tourist police or the ordinary cops.

That was done by the embassy who was informed by her mom. Did she follow him to his room? The story doesn't make any sense. 

3 minutes ago, Katipo said:

Not really. A lot of people I know would contact a whole bunch of people to seek advice before contacting the police here. I mean, they don't exactly have the best reputation. So a young woman calling her Mother after being assaulted makes perfect sense to me. After-all, she rang the person she probably trusts most in the world first.

Why the two-day gap, it it's true that she was raped?  Was she not sure what happened and went to the cops because they were already informed by the embassy? And she must have heard that from her mom. 

Maybe she regrets her friends knowing she went willingly with this man, and maybe he is the kind of man who brags that he "never pays for sex" and will do anything to make it so. Let's have a trial with character witnesses.

I only see 2 young people drinking in a bar and then have consensual sex. Yes maybe she was unexperienced. But it happens every day ,on Ibiza, Canary Islands, all the party places in the world where young people go to party in the sun.

It would be interesting to see if there is a pattern of her claiming rape in the past. Horrible situation for both. Have had friends accused of rape but only because the girls regretted it the next day. Still ruined the guys life. False accusations should be considered crimes. I hope this girl is not doing that but this whole story seems like a he said she said case. He fully admits to having sex with her consenually. Why would a criminal admit their guilt? Glad the Thai news media smeared his name and probably ruined his life before he was convicted. 

44 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

Maybe she regrets her friends knowing she went willingly with this man, and maybe he is the kind of man who brags that he "never pays for sex" and will do anything to make it so. Let's have a trial with character witnesses.

Maybe her boyfriend back home found out what happened through her mom and she's only trying to keep the peace when she gets home? 

2 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Maybe her boyfriend back home found out what happened through her mom and she's only trying to keep the peace when she gets home? 

Maybe you guys really need a realism injection, with all your maybes and conjectural disarmament of what most reasonable people would consider a serious offence. Obviously you don't have daughters of your own and probably are wandering dick swingers who think you can roam the world doing what you want. Luckily she went to the hospital who would be able to comment on whether she received a forced entrance, so ask yourselves why she would do that.

19 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Nope, it was a bit different. She called back home, mom called the embassy, the embassy informed the cops. It seems that she only went to the cops because the cops already knew what happened from the embassy.

And that makes it a bit suspicious. 

Not really. 18 years old, possible drugged or deliberately plied with booze. Wakes up and finds she's slept with a large African and whose had sex with her.

In those circumstances how clearly would you be thinking? Would you know what to do? Might you think about getting in touch with mum first? Could she have been in shock? Might mum have told her to sit tight while she rang the embassy?

Unless you know all the answers, then not really suspicious at all.

What is required are the examination and tests results and the police to find and interview the other couple present.

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Not really. 18 years old, possible drugged or deliberately plied with booze. Wakes up and finds she's slept with a large African and whose had sex with her.

In those circumstances how clearly would you be thinking? Would you know what to do? Might you think about getting in touch with mum first? Could she have been in shock? Might mum have told her to sit tight while she rang the embassy?

Unless you know all the answers, then not really suspicious at all.

What is required are the examination and tests results and the police to find and interview the other couple present.

I agree with you. There has to be a real investigation, including the other girl with her Turkish friend. I'm not blaming the girl for any wrongdoing, but a rapist who takes his victim to his own hotel room sounds a bit odd. And the French guy doesn't seem to have the right skin color that anybody believes him. 

A colored guy is only a drug selling illegal in LOS for most cops. 

5 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Would a rapist really be so stupid to take the victim to his own hotel room to rape her?  She called her mom, but she didn't even think about calling the tourist police or the ordinary cops.

That was done by the embassy who was informed by her mom. Did she follow him to his room? The story doesn't make any sense. 

Strangely enough probably. A great many rape cases in the UK, where the female claims drugged or taken advantage of whilst drunk happen in the accused hotel room or home.

As for your suspicions. You might bother to read the original post for some background. And then consider how people in shock might act. 

If you read the original post, the story makes complete sense, unless someone has comprehension issues. What needs to be done is the tests and reports and the police locating and questioning the other couple who were with them. 

The issue is whether the girl was drugged or plied with booze first, whether sex was consensual or not; whether she was deliberately put into a position where she could be taken advantage of. 

I don't think his ethnicity is relevant. He's clearly an African French citizen, as many are. His claim to be a policeman still hasn't been confirmed or denied, although again that is of no real relevance. 

5 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Strangely enough probably. A great many rape cases in the UK, where the female claims drugged or taken advantage of whilst drunk happen in the accused hotel room or home.

As for your suspicions. You might bother to read the original post for some background. And then consider how people in shock might act. 

If you read the original post, the story makes complete sense, unless someone has comprehension issues. What needs to be done is the tests and reports and the police locating and questioning the other couple who were with them. 

Those UK cases were they not where a girl got into group sex ? I mean sounds a lot more like something someone would not do normally then just 1 on 1 sex. 

Anyway more investigation needed, cant say the guy is guilty can't say the girl is lying. We just don't know enough one thing is for sure she was not dead drunk or else she could not have walked to the hotel like in the still. I think the CCTV can give more evidence. (what i mean is it was not a girl passed out that had sex)

1 hour ago, Megasin1 said:

Maybe you guys really need a realism injection, with all your maybes and conjectural disarmament of what most reasonable people would consider a serious offence. Obviously you don't have daughters of your own and probably are wandering dick swingers who think you can roam the world doing what you want. Luckily she went to the hospital who would be able to comment on whether she received a forced entrance, so ask yourselves why she would do that.

I do have daughters but I worked in the news business for 30 years and have seen endless sexual assault cases that turned out to be other than what was first presented, and that goes to both sides. 

3 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

. Luckily she went to the hospital who would be able to comment on whether she received a forced entrance, so ask yourselves why she would do that.

"Luckily she went to the hospital who would be able to comment on whether she received a forced entrance, so ask yourselves why she would do that".

Why?  Maybe because she's got all the nouse of a naïve 18-year old who sleeps with unknown black blokes claiming to be French ex-police on the first night? 

5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

The issue is whether the girl was drugged or plied with booze first, whether sex was consensual or not; whether she was deliberately put into a position where she could be taken advantage of. 

I don't think his ethnicity is relevant. He's clearly an African French citizen, as many are. His claim to be a policeman still hasn't been confirmed or denied, although again that is of no real relevance. 

In the UK 90% of rape claims fail. Often because the girl was lieing

11 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

If she followed him to his room would that preclude a rape taking place in your opinion?

13 minutes ago, Slip said:

If she followed him to his room would that preclude a rape taking place in your opinion?

No, I didn't say that. There has to be an investigation and her friend with the Turkish bf should be part of it. As far as I could see, they were together before that even happened. 

1 minute ago, jenny2017 said:

No, I didn't say that. There has to be an investigation and her friend with the Turkish bf should be part of it. As far as I could see, they were together before that even happened. 

I was not suggesting that you did, but I am wondering why you asked the question "Did she follow him to his room?"  Why is it relevant unless to imply that it was a factor in the alleged rape?

Archived