French cop held for rape of British teen on Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, siamcrut said:

Image1523322035.301995.jpg

If this is footage of the two of them walking back to his hotel room she does not appear to

have been drugged. Looks more like she regretted having consensual sex.  

15 minutes ago, Ulic said:

If this is footage of the two of them walking back to his hotel room she does not appear to

Why do people here feel the need to make comments and victim shame without even basic facts or application of even the tiniest amount of common sense??

14 minutes ago, Ulic said:

Well knock me over with a feather!  Another black-and-white grainy crime related photo on Koh Tao: wonders never cease. :saai:

4 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

This young woman is lucky to be alive,  she has had a Thai Island experience that she

will never forget. Whether she was alone or travelling with friends, she got raped, and

will maybe travel wiser in the future.  The cop has a name that sure does not

sound very French, perhaps born in another country, with macho upbringing, which

gave him the desires, and results. Jail the creep!  Hope he experiences some pay

back.

Geezer

In my country you have to give proof and evidence. In the meantime we follow:   In dubio pro reo. I wonder where you're coming from?  Undeveloped country  ???????????

16 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

For the same reason people feel the need to pre sentence the guy, without the facts !!

I see my error, and have edited my post accordingly. 

but still am amazed at the speculation here based on nothing.

I also no indication of when the grainy image was captured, or where. 

Simply put i do not know what happened, and am willing to condemn neither of them.

17 hours ago, alex8912 said:

It would show he is prone to telling big lies. How do you not get this?  Why do you ask such a stupid question? 

So is "telling big lies" (how old are you saying something like that?) is more significant than raping a young girl?

According to yesterday’s report - she woke up to find him fondling her and went to the bathroom and messaged someone and left 

now seems in the morning he put her in a taxi after taking her downstairs 

who to believe?  And reported it 2 days later!

If he drugged her ( which should come out in the blood test - guilty as charged) 

if however she got arseholed then ??? 

Just saying not prejudging 

8 minutes ago, phil2407 said:

According to yesterday’s report - she woke up to find him fondling her and went to the bathroom and messaged someone and left 

now seems in the morning he put her in a taxi after taking her downstairs 

who to believe?  And reported it 2 days later!

If he drugged her ( which should come out in the blood test - guilty as charged) 

if however she got arseholed then ??? 

Just saying not prejudging 

The stories are inconsistent. The British press are saying she woke to find him playing with himself. 

She called her friends and went to the local hospital where they alerted the local Police so no 2 day delay?

Still a lot of grey areas in the reporting at the moment. 

3 hours ago, siamcrut said:

Now KT police suddenly can come up with footage of CCTV cameras.
What happened with the cctv footage in the night during the double murder... go figure!

There was plenty of CCTV in that case but in this case (and any other) CCTV footage has to be looked for and then examined before claiming that it is of any relevance and releasing it; it doesn't just magically jump on to an officers desk solving the case.

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

He is "leading her" from behind her?

if she was wasted on drugs which would be hard to tell from that picture then if someone is walking even you are next to them and you are holding their wrist then yes. as long as they are walking in the right direction, that is just one shot. need to see more

Amazing how quickly this guy got arrested, and the son of the headman of Sairee Beach roams free, after committing countless murders and rapes. With the kind of wealth the leading families of Dark Tao have amassed from illegal land sales, they are above the law. They own the local cops, the local authorities, the state authorities and the army brass. Nobody touches them.

Stay away from this island. The risks are not worth it. The diving sucks. And the entire island is overpriced. Stay away.

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Amazing how quickly this guy got arrested, and the son of the headman of Sairee Beach roams free, after committing countless murders and rapes. With the kind of wealth the leading families of Dark Tao have amassed from illegal land sales, they are above the law. They own the local cops, the local authorities, the state authorities and the army brass. Nobody touches them.

Stay away from this island. The risks are not worth it. The diving sucks. And the entire island is overpriced. Stay away.

The French guy better be careful when/if he gets released, he's been stealing the locals targets !!!

She's probably lucky Frenchy got to her and not the elusive KT killer....

5 hours ago, Happy enough said:

just looking at the picture. does that look like they are holding hands or as i see it, he is holding onto her wrist leading her?

It seems that the girl went to the police after the embassy had already contacted them?

Not blaming the victim now, but something doesn’t add up here. Too many tourists get drunk, take drugs and they do stupid things without being drugged.

This is another classic example of racist behaviour from the Thai police.

Had this been a young 20 year old white English boy on a similar holiday the girl probably would not have cried foul, if she did cry foul the police would not have taken any interest, they would have given her a couple of paracetamols and advised her to sleep off the hangover.

The only reason the police made the effort to track this guy down was because of his skin colour, because he is of the variety frowned upon by the top police man Big Joke.

If I was a young European/Black African male the last place I would be is holidaying in Thailand trying to pick up white chicks.

11 minutes ago, taxin said:

This is another classic example of racist behaviour from the Thai police.

Had this been a young 20 year old white English boy on a similar holiday the girl probably would not have cried foul, if she did cry foul the police would not have taken any interest, they would have given her a couple of paracetamols and advised her to sleep off the hangover.

The only reason the police made the effort to track this guy down was because of his skin colour, because he is of the variety frowned upon by the top police man Big Joke.

If I was a young European/Black African male the last place I would be is holidaying in Thailand trying to pick up white chicks.

i don't think so at all. as it was the British Embassy that contacted the Police and as it involved Koh Tao and an English teenager they were going to act fast. why are people nowadays so quick to jump on the racism bandwagon

33 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

It seems that the girl went to the police after the embassy had already contacted them?

Not blaming the victim now, but something doesn’t add up here. Too many tourists get drunk, take drugs and they do stupid things without being drugged.

scared shocked teenager calls home first. they call embassy who in turn tell her to go to the police. i don't find that strange at all

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

i don't think so at all. as it was the British Embassy that contacted the Police and as it involved Koh Tao and an English teenager they were going to act fast. why are people nowadays so quick to jump on the racism bandwagon

Normally a cry of racist is done to hinder the comments, but in this day and age it works less and less, as it's used so often!

Thai police charge Frenchman with rape of British tourist

BANGKOK (Reuters) - A French citizen has been charged with raping a British backpacker on a popular Thai holiday island, police said on Tuesday.

The alleged attack took place on the island of Koh Tao, a spot that draws divers from all of the world.

The holiday spot made headlines in 2014 when the bodies of British backpackers Hannah Witheridge, 23, and David Miller, 24, were found on one of the island's beaches having been bludgeoned to death.

Two Myanmar migrant workers, Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Tun, were found guilty in 2015 of killing the pair.

Thailand remains a popular destination for travelers on a budget and tourism is a vital part of the economy, but a spate of crimes against visitors in recent years has raised questions about tourist safety in the country.

In the latest case, police said an 18-year-old backpacker, whose name has been withheld, claims she was drugged and raped by a French tourist on April 4 on Koh Tao.

Thai police identified the suspect as 26-year-old French national Yohan Michael Tunka Buaga. He was arrested on Saturday and charged with rape on Monday and is being held on the nearby island of Koh Samui.

"The suspect has admitted to having sexual intercourse with the victim, but he said that it was consensual and not rape," Police Lieutenant Colonel Piyapong Boonkaew of Koh Tao police told Reuters.

"We are now investigating the case and waiting for forensic examination," Piyapong said.

Reuters was unable to contact both the suspect's and the victim's lawyers.

(Reporting by Panu Wongcha-um and Panarat Thepgumpanat; Editing by Amy Sawitta Lefevre and Michael Perry)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-04-10

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

When were you last there & how is the mayor of Hua Hin shaping up since you landed in his intray?

Related image

5 hours ago, Happy enough said:

scared shocked teenager calls home first. they call embassy who in turn tell her to go to the police. i don't find that strange at all

Nope, it was a bit different. She called back home, mom called the embassy, the embassy informed the cops. It seems that she only went to the cops because the cops already knew what happened from the embassy.

And that makes it a bit suspicious. 

On 4/9/2018 at 12:06 PM, InfinityandBeyond said:

Good on the young woman to have the presence of mind to escape the situation and alert friends, family and authorities. 

Hopefully the hospital in Koh Tao did a proper examination and collected potential evidence properly. 

now you're joking....right?????

On 4/9/2018 at 11:31 AM, robblok said:

How so.. do you think he has HIV because he is black .. or pregnancy... morning after pill works good. 

"because he is black" Nobody mentioned him being black - just you!

Just remember that you started with the racist comments this time! And How about a bit of sympathy for the victim here? 

Archived