French cop held for rape of British teen on Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, robblok said:

Lets wait and see if there was drug in her system, if she got drunk and lead the guy on and then drank so much not remembering it but going willingly.. who knows. Some of these girls drink so much. I remember when I was young I had to carry a young Brit girl back to her tent after she stood up to pee in the bushes.. fell over drunk as a skunk and later passed out. She did not remember a thing the next day of it all. No I did not have sex with her just helped her back to her tent. (was on a camping in France). Later she was brought to the hospital for a delerium. 

If you had put your little winkie in her as she was passed out you would be guilty of rape, whatever the other circumstances, and none of your justifications (she led me on, I had to carry her to he tent, she was peeing in public, she was drunk as a skunk, she peed in the bushes, she passed out, she din't remember about it the next day, she was deletrious, etc, etc) would excuse or save you.

I am gobsmacked by the level of victim blaming in this thread.  If a man had sex with her when she was unconscious she was raped.  Of course I recognise that she could be lying or have forgotten, but 'she passed out' is not a defence to rape.

11 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

How about confirming if this fellow is an actual police officer and  not parking or bylaw enforcement agent?

How about confirming if this fellow really did rape the woman. A lot of false accusations claiming rape by women to protect their reputations have been made in the past, especially those women who have boyfriends or husbands. Just saying; that`s all.

In many cases the obvious is not always the fact.

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

Although I applaud the young lady for having the presence of mind to seek help. I do not see where she had to escape. I prefer to keep an open mind instead of spouting blame. Yes, I know there are men who drug and rape women. However, I also know there are women who get drunk and have sex with someone they met just that night. 

Also, there is little a hospital examination can do to prove rape. Doctors can verify sexual activity occurred and maybe even determine whether or not it was done with vigor, but not whether it was rape or consensual. The hospital examination may also uncover the presence of drugs in her system, but not whether or not she unknowingly consumed them or she willingly took them.

Furthermore, I find it difficult to believe I would drug a woman and take her back to my hotel for sex and leave-on her tee-shirt. Even further from my imagination, given the same scenario, that I would resort to pleasuring myself when she was still there in front of me.

#1) I wasn't "spouting blame." She claims rape. He claims consensual sex. Someone is lying and someone is telling the truth. I merely suggested that a proper physical examination may shed light on that issue. 

#2) "I do not see where she had to escape." 18 yrs old in a foreign country. Wakes up in a strange hotel room with a strange man nearly naked. Again, not "spouting blame." But as another poster intimated, a drunk woman looking for a one-night stand would not go to the effort that this young woman has, to report the incident. What has she to gain from this stranger? 

#3) "Even further from my imagination, given the same scenario, that I would resort to pleasuring myself when she was still there in front of me." 

Please re-read the OP : "He was fondling her genitals."

#4) In your final paragraph the fact that you inserted yourself into this alleged sexual assault (e.g. using the pronoun "I" instead of "he" explaining "hypothetically" that is not how rapists behave etc.) is of grave concern. I would like to say more about rape fantasists/apologists but would like to maintain my posting privileges. 

#5) How can one declare on one-hand an open mind and in the same breath blame a potential victim? While at the same time disparaging my benign post congratulating the woman for getting out of a situation she did not feel comfortable or safe in?

#6) I was not originally going to waste my time responding to your quote of my post. However, something about the tone of your reply compelled me to respond.  

15 hours ago, robblok said:

Would it make a difference ? I would say first confirm if there are drugs in her system. A cop could still be bad and rape someone and a bylaw enforcement agent could be honest as gold. 

Though technically if a girl is drunk you can't have sex with her either (cant give consent when under the influence).. but that would mean a lot of guys could get in trouble. But technically its rape but i find it a too strict an explanation. 

This "The girl was drunk and could not give consent" has always been a bit of a head-scratcher

for me. If she was drinking and drunk, and he was drinking and drunk, should she not also be

charged with rape, as he also could not give consent. He was drunk. Laws have to apply to both

sexes. 

‘Death Island’ in the news again after rape claim by British woman

By THE NATION

6be1094abcdbd8482fc74bd706c18f59.jpeg

KOH TAO off Surat Thani province is in the spotlight again after a British woman claimed a 26-year-old French man had raped her in a hotel on the island. The woman, whose name has been withheld, first alerted her mother in the UK to the alleged attack.

The woman, whose name has been withheld, first alerted her mother in the UK to the alleged attack.

The UK Embassy in Bangkok stepped in at her mother’s request for her daughter to undergo a physical examination and filed a complaint with provincial police.

An arrest warrant was issued by a Court for the alleged attacker, Yohan Buaka, on April 7 and he was arrested later in Phuket province.

1b85acca44a2ff049c0fd6ddfbfde01a.jpeg

Pol Lt-General Sorasak Yenprem, a provincial police commissioner, yesterday went to Koh Samui district and interrogated the suspect in custody.

Sorasak later quoted the suspect as claiming to be a former French police officer and admitting to have met the woman at a bar during his holiday on Koh Tao on the night of April 4.

He stressed that he had consensual sex with the woman three times and that he even saw her off when she left for her hotel by taxi. 

However, Sorasak said the woman claimed that she had met the suspect while drinking in a bar, after which she felt unusually drunk, probably caused by being drugged.

The following morning, she woke up in bed with the suspect in his hotel room, she said. She reportedly felt startled, left the room alone and returned to her hotel in a taxi.

The woman filed the police complaint two days later, Sorasak said.

The commissioner defended some criticism about the delay in the police investigation, saying police did their best after learning about the incident that led to the issuance of a warrant and the apprehension of the suspect.

“The affected woman did not file the complaint immediately after the alleged incident but alerted her family in England, who contacted their embassy here. 

The embassy then contacted police. That took time,” he said.

In 2014, two British backpackers, David Miller and Hannah Witheridge, were brutally killed on the island and Thai police were accused of a lack of professionalism in their investigation of the double murders. 

The case made headlines around the world and the island was dubbed as “Death Island” by the foreign media.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30342847

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-10

This young woman is lucky to be alive,  she has had a Thai Island experience that she

will never forget. Whether she was alone or travelling with friends, she got raped, and

will maybe travel wiser in the future.  The cop has a name that sure does not

sound very French, perhaps born in another country, with macho upbringing, which

gave him the desires, and results. Jail the creep!  Hope he experiences some pay

back.

Geezer

For the posters who thought it was okay for this 18 year old to be in Thailand on

her own, well this French guy showed you all, just how foolish her Adult decision,

and her parents, new age , Oh its Gap  year,  Sure go travel on your own, It will be

okay!  So  is  it  still  okay   today?  Not!

Geezer

9 hours ago, smotherb said:

Why, do you think local cops believe white girls do not have sex with black men? I'd wager the locals think white women will have sex with anyone; especially one drunk and rolling about in the early hours.

I don't know what the cops believe about black guys and white girls. But of course, there's always the chance M. Philippe Philoppe could be declared a lucky winner of Operation Insee Daam, and win a million dollar modelling contract for local toothpaste or floormops.

5 hours ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

#1) I wasn't "spouting blame." She claims rape. He claims consensual sex. Someone is lying and someone is telling the truth. I merely suggested that a proper physical examination may shed light on that issue. 

#2) "I do not see where she had to escape." 18 yrs old in a foreign country. Wakes up in a strange hotel room with a strange man nearly naked. Again, not "spouting blame." But as another poster intimated, a drunk woman looking for a one-night stand would not go to the effort that this young woman has, to report the incident. What has she to gain from this stranger? 

#3) "Even further from my imagination, given the same scenario, that I would resort to pleasuring myself when she was still there in front of me." 

#4) In your final paragraph the fact that you inserted yourself into this alleged sexual assault (e.g. using the pronoun "I" instead of "he" explaining "hypothetically" that is not how rapists behave etc.) is of grave concern. I would like to say more about rape fantasists/apologists but would like to maintain my posting privileges. 

#5) How can one declare on one-hand an open mind and in the same breath blame a potential victim? While at the same time disparaging my benign post congratulating the woman for getting out of a situation she did not feel comfortable or safe in?

#6) I was not originally going to waste my time responding to your quote of my post. However, something about the tone of your reply compelled me to respond.  

#1 I am indeed happy to hear you were not spouting blame.

#2 Yes, "I do not see where she had to escape." Nowhere in the Thai or British articles does it say she had any trouble leaving the hotel room or the man in question. Yet, you said, “ . . . escape the situation . . .”  And you referring to someone else’s opinion that, “ . . . a drunk woman looking for a one-night stand would not go to the effort that this young woman has, to report the incident.”  Maybe not, but a woman trying to cover-up a mistake she wished she did not make might. Note the allegations of rape reported by Western women in Thailand by TVF, which were later determined to be false.

#3 Both Daily Mail and Sun British articles claim he was pleasuring himself when she awoke.

#4 You seem dumbfounded that I would insert the pronoun “I” in to the opinion I have. I can only imagine what I would have done; which is what I believe I did.  You appear to want to suggest more into it, but did not.   

#5 You seem to suggest I am blaming the girl. I believe I noted that men have been accused of what has been alleged and women have done what she is doing. I am simply stating what appears to me to be discrepancies in her story. We have heard little from him other than it was consensual and he is a policeman. It seems the brunt of the other posters have already convicted the man, which brings us back to #1 and why I concluded you too were blaming him.  

#6 I am pleased you did respond. It may give some others pause to think.

6 hours ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

Under the laws in many countries, including Thailand, if a woman is intoxicated or had taken drugs and considered not in full control of her senses and becomes a willing participant in sexual activity with a man or even more than one man, the men will be regarded as rapists under the law regardless whether she was up for it or not. This poses dilemmas for the moralities of these situations.

It is known that young people visit Koh Tao and similar places to party, full moon parties and at other events, where young people indulge in drink, drugs and sexual activities and there will be men at these events hoping to score with women that seem game, this is what these destination are mostly about.  In many cases of the past, women have claimed rape simply to protect their own reputations because technically under the laws, as I explained above, a woman who indulges in sexual activities while under the influence of drink and drugs can claim rape, the laws do not take into considerations that women have certain responsibilities to themselves to ensure they do not leave themselves vulnerable. Also, women that would not want to become involved in these sort of events would prefer to avoid these places and the wrong crowds of people, they would feel vulnerable and not comfortable there. For example my daughter would never visit Koh Tao island knowing it`s bad reputation over the years. No girls would go there unless with intending to party, they simply don`t go there for the views and coffee shops.

This is not victim blaming and only the facts.

17 minutes ago, Jerry780 said:

The betting is he is not a policeman.

I could claim to be an astronaut or even a brain surgeon and providing I don`t actually try to operate on anyone, I doubt I`d be breaking any laws.  So whatever this guy claimed to be is irrelevant and doesn`t prove he`s a rapist. 

Another point, if this guy really did rape the girl, then why did he hang around with her until the following morning? Why did he not finish the deed and then leave the scene. Doesn`t add up.

It's amazing how a girl can call rape and majority of people believe her, condemn the guy, before any investigation has taken place !!

Maybe she was raped, maybe she had drunk sex and regretted it, a proper investigation would determine exactly what happened..

Too many guys lives are ruined by false accusations. Equally, too many girls/guys lives are ruined by rapists..

It's a tough one...

22 hours ago, Thian said:

Who would let their 18 yo daughter go to koh tsao? 

18 is classified in most cultures as an adult... so they can make their own choices in life..

Alas she made a bad one... both with the company she went with as they didn't look-out for her

& for allowing herself to become "possibly" drugged !!!

Harsh lesson at her age but she'll not make the same one again !!

Archived