Thailand zoo horror revealed in sickening snaps showing emaciated animals shackled in tiny cages

webfact

Nothing is going to happen. Because in Thailand everything that makes money is good. If people or animals die, they just replace them. They comes second, or even lower, on the list.
No change is going to happen either, because people here think and believe that they do everything right. They never ever listen to somebody from outside saying anything.

4 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

He enjoys criticizing Thailand, just Thailand as he said nothing on his facebook about animal cruelty when he visited Cambodia. Every country has animal cruelty, why doesn't he concentrate his efforts on stamping this out in the U.K before bringing world attention to Thailand's problems.

Tie that pondscum down someone please!!! Then leave him alone with me for a few minutes. :biggrin:

I have been to the Samui Zoo, years ago and it was a shocker.

But there are actually some examples, that are not horrific!

If you can actually embrace the idea of a zoo...and I can, for the biggest part!

Here is why: if you want to make children interested in the plight of animals, I think you kind of have to show these animals to them- and not only on film, mind you!

Do all zoos do that?

Nope!

Do all visitors understand, what a zoo could be?

Nope!

But Dusit Zoo and the Siam Oceanworld are  examples of exhibits that (for the most part) look and seem fine!

I do not say, I have insights on what is going on behind the scene, but on the outside, things look okay to me!

Luckily zoos nowadays understand more and more about how to cater to animals and their needs, instead of just presenting them on a silver plate!

I recently have been back home and paid a visit to the big zoo in my hometown.

They used to have a tiger enclosure, that was really small.

They quadrupled in in size and now...if you come there to see the tiger and the tiger doesn't want to be seen...sad day for you!

You either bring the patience (which also includes a learning curve) or not!

But as long, as (Thai) people get fed the kind of BS, that made the Tiger Temple a profitable business, that has nothing to do with learning or conservation and eat it up by the spoonful, things will never change!  

• Like 1

About 12 years or so back, I visited the Tiger Zoo at Sriracha.

I was sickened and appalled at the treatment the animals received.

Needless to say, that I have never visited any kind of " attraction " in Thailand that has Animals as its core method of pulling in the punters.

Thais, Animals, and welfare are 3 words that do not go together.