2 months deposit now = 1 month deposit + "furniture insurance"

20 hours ago, markaoffy said:

I laugh at owners who think they can ask for crazy amounts of money! So good to see all these empty properties and landlords not getting any income !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You do know that most empty properties and especially condo's are bought by rich people for speculation purposes. It gives a better return then money in the bank and no risk of losing it all when the bank goes belly up. 1997 made a lot of people scared and owning a lot of properties is one of of protecting your wealth.

Asking silly prices is just because they do not care and if they can get the silly price they will be laughing.

I am not rich but steadily bought small condo's to rent out to Thai people. Very close to 100% occupancy is for me normal. A condo is sometimes empty for a few days to a week as normally there is a small list of people waiting to rent one of ours. We have with and without furniture and ask fair prices with one month rent in advance and one month deposit for without furniture and depending on the quality and value of the furniture there is an additional deposit for that. Never had any complaints because the contracts are simple and clear with no fixed duration.

On 10/4/2561 at 11:25 AM, smutcakes said:

Many already do separate agreements to reduce property tax by having a lease agreement and a Furniture agreement. Of course landlords will find ways around the law as it has so many holes  in it,  its implementation and grey areas that no one has a clue what to do.

Just a curiosity question - my understanding was that the new laws only applied where the landlord has 3 or more properties fur rental?

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

Just a curiosity question - my understanding was that the new laws only applied where the landlord has 3 or more properties fur rental?

More than 4. That can be in different locations or all in the same location.

I think it is mainly done for people who rent in 'mansions', often very low cost. They are often owned by a single entity and often they have meters for electricity and water that has been installed by the owner.

Very easy to apply this law in this case because every single mansion is in this category.

For foreigners many 'bungalows' fall into this category too.

Condo's is a different story as it will be difficult to know if someone owns more then four of them.