Any reports of water throwing yet?

torrzent

On 4/11/2018 at 1:54 PM, champers said:

Employment on Soi 6 with several overseas sponsors on the go does not mean a lady has to live in a slum. Many do, indeed, end up living in a 5 star gated community.

I doubt it is "many".

• Like 1

Gee people will argue over anything.  Even new clothes that have not have the dye set properly especially on cotton will run and stain lighter colored fabrics around them. .  Case in point, I had a nice bandanna that was red white and black in my bag the other day. It was new and it got wet. The red color ran all over the globe and stained everything straight with red.

Please troll somebody else.

There are cheap clothes that will run but generally we will all be fine if we get wet. Sarongs seem to run

4 hours ago, torrzent said:

Simply not true.  It would depend on the clothes.

But one understandably prefers that Songkran hooligans not test one's new clothes for color fastness. It would also depend on the "water."

CHONBURI -- Local police said Thursday they were searching for a group of youths who were seen tossing bags filled with urine and other foul fluids at passing motorcycles and cars.

Saha Group-Laem Chabang posted photos of youths chucking bags of urine, rotten eggs, fish sauce, pla-raa and motor oil Thursday early morning, Chonburi motorists redirected their travel routes to avoid the Liap Chai Fung Bridge for fear of being soaked in grime.

-- Happy Songkran? Motorists Pelted With Urine, Fish, Motor Oil

Edited by JSixpack
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, johng said:

Everywhere...go out expecting to get wet !!!    everyday until the 20th

Certainly not everywhere, and not all the time.

I took my bike at noon to go make some shopping on Sukhumvit, came back with a stop at BigC Xtra, then 3rd Road to my Condo on Pattaya Tai: didn't see even one location on this trip  with water thrown :smile:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

I took my bike at noon to go make some shopping on Sukhumvit, came back with a stop at BigC Xtra, then 3rd Road to my Condo on Pattaya Tai: didn't see even one location on this trip  with water thrown :smile:

Noon is early.

16 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Same here.

I avoided the nowadays overpriced GRAB CAR Mafia and risked to take the Sawngthaew along Sukhumvit to Tesco South Pattaya, and on a stretch of 3 KM did not experience any liquid splashed around anywhere. Same on the way back. The only indication of Songkhran was a white Sawngthaew blaring loud music, packed with local revellers heading to somewhere where they probably where looking to get songkhraned. Had spare clothes with me in a plastic back and mobile phone and wallet wrapped in foil, but was not needed. The local fellow Sawngthaew riders did not exactly look as they were in need to get songkhraned either

This is odd no one here boasting about  all the water that is being thrown around. No updates nothing. Is it that quiet or no one is bothering to let us know what is  happening. Makes me think this year is not what people expected. I am not there so am curious what is happening.  

I also have been trying to find the thread of photos posted of 2018 but cannot find it now.

Edited by lovelomsak

20 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

This is odd no one here boasting about  all the water that is being thrown around.

How would that be anything to boast about?

No updates nothing. Is it that quiet or no one is bothering to let us know what is  happening.

No one's bothering, it's just the same old thing. You FOB or something?

Makes me think this year is not what people expected.

On the contrary, it's very much what people expected. Sigh.

I am not there so am curious what is happening.  

I also have been trying to find the thread of photos posted of 2018 but cannot find it now.

If you've seen any photos from past years, you've seen 'em all. But why not just go youtube and watch some videos from ace reporters covering the scene?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pattaya+songkran+2018

9 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

How would that be anything to boast about?

No one's bothering, it's just the same old thing. You FOB or something?

On the contrary, it's very much what people expected. Sigh.

If you've seen any photos from past years, you've seen 'em all. But why not just go youtube and watch some videos from ace reporters covering the scene?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pattaya+songkran+2018

I take it then that it is none of my business what is happening huh.

But all the hype before hand got me interested. Do not worry I will not trouble TV for more info sorry to have been to nosy.

When it was getting hyped here I said it would be policed  and quiet and was ignored now I am told to mind my own business when I ask how is it going. Make up your minds please.

Edited by lovelomsak

2 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

But all the hype before hand got me interested. Do not worry I will not trouble TV for more info sorry to have been to nosy.

I think your post and question was answered fully and helpfully in accordance w/ the highest traditions of TVF. Let us know if we may be of further assistance.

7 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

I think your post and question was answered fully and helpfully in accordance w/ the highest traditions of TVF. Let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Sure ok if that is what you think Just one question what does FOB stand for.?  Just curious

I quess that is asking for further assistance huh. asking what FOB means sorry

Edited by lovelomsak

3 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Sure ok if that is what you think Just one question what does FOB stand for.?  Just curious

FOB has a lot of meanings, such as Full Of Beer, or Fecal Occult Blood. However in the international context of recent arrivals to a country, noobs who don't yet know anything about what's going on, it's commonly used to mean Fresh Off (the) Boat. Watch any videos yet? Somebody seems to be publishing an update daily.

BTW, Songkran isn't being "hyped" here as you claimed but mostly loathed. Lot of resident expats posting for whom Songkran is a major inconvenience as it lasts 10 days.

When it was getting hyped here I said it would be policed  and quiet and was ignored now I am told to mind my own business when I ask how is it going. Make up your minds please.
What you experienced there was a typical unhelpful and smartarse TV BM response, its the norm.

Every day in Pattaya its been the same so far since it started, Soi 6, 7, 8, Buakhao, Beach road shop bar side, have had constant water fights from around 12, quietens down from around 6pm, but usually with sporadic fights, gun on guns

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

What you experienced there was a typical unhelpful and smartarse TV BM response, its the norm.

It was very helpful, answered all the questions, and gave a link to actual vids of the event, much better than the free photos asked for his entertainment. The OP has been around TVF for 9 years, has made 3,500 posts, and every year we have threads w/ the same info about Songkran. The extensive FAQ has been published for 5 years. So he's hardly some naive innocent, but rather utterly accustomed to this forum, and should have looked on youtube himself in the first place if he couldn't find photos showing the same thing as has been shown for years. I find only his request "odd." And I still don't know what there is to boast about.

Your post on the other hand merely repeated what I'd said w/ the details already in the FAQ about locations. And where are your photos? :bah:

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Weren't you the same nihilistic guy who was complaining that this thread was "going nowhere fast" back on Page 4 of this thread?  Now you are complaining because it went somewhere....I think you are just seeking attention.  Why not head on down to Soi 7 or 8,  and get some real lovingly wet attention, then report back?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, torrzent said:

Weren't you the same nihilistic guy who was complaining that this thread was "going nowhere fast" back on Page 4 of this thread?  Now you are complaining because it went somewhere....I think you are just seeking attention.  Why not head on down to Soi 7 or 8,  and get some real lovingly wet attention, then report back?

Yes same guy and thread is still going nowhere or did you not notice. I was simply pointing that out because I had became interested to find out if it had toned down as I felt it would .

Same nihilistic guy.

Thank you for remembering me.

Edited by lovelomsak
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Yes same guy and thread is still going nowhere or did you not notice. I was simply pointing that out because I had became interested to find out if it had toned down as I felt it would .

Same nihilistic guy.

Thank you for remembering me.

And yet you are back....this of it as a treadmill....or maybe better yet a "thread-mill"!

• Haha 1

Quietest Songkran ever in my 4 years here.

Maybe I'm forgetting when it picks up / dies out each day. But at 11:30am there was no music, no water fights, not much of anything really in any of the party streets.

Last year there was booming music and never ending water splashing during the daytime around my Buakao apartment. I didn't even need to venture into 2nd road / Beach road to get drenched.

Edited by Hal65
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, johng said:

Wait till tomorrow thats the big day for Pattaya.

As it SHOULD be! One day! But heavy or light during the EIGHT DAYS (and some years more because of the way weekends hit) is just INSANELY too long to not be sure when the water terrorists are going to hit, especially when as SITTING DUCKS on baht buses. That won't get better as long as Pattaya keeps up this ridiculous Songkran schedule so out of whack with the rest of the nation. Of course they won't. They're MILKING it for money and will continue to do so. Some businesses are milking it course, like hotels, but others are taking hits like many smaller restaurants that just close up shop for weeks. Consider massage places, I think they're hungry now as so many locals are basically HIDING out or left the country for the entire shebang. But the powers that be always favor the bigger businesses.

Edited by Jingthing

So far it seems quieter than previous years, judging from the frequency of Thai-loaded pickups with music blaring driving next to my place being a lot lower. Maybe because it's in the middle of the week and not a public holiday? Or maybe the demographic change has made it more boring, lack of sanook would deter the Thais for sure.

• Like 1