Any reports of water throwing yet?

torrzent

46 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

So far it seems quieter than previous years, judging from the frequency of Thai-loaded pickups with music blaring driving next to my place being a lot lower. Maybe because it's in the middle of the week and not a public holiday? Or maybe the demographic change has made it more boring, lack of sanook would deter the Thais for sure.

maybe because the big day is tomorrow

Quietest Songkran ever in my 4 years here.

Maybe I'm forgetting when it picks up / dies out each day. But at 11:30am there was no music, no water fights, not much of anything really in any of the party streets.

Last year there was booming music and never ending water splashing during the daytime around my Buakao apartment. I didn't even need to venture into 2nd road / Beach road to get drenched.
Yes the morning is a good time to get about

12 hours ago, tropo said:

No one cares about the last "big day". That will always be big. It's the week leading up to that last day that concerns most expats. It looks like it has been quieter than usual, although "usual" is hard to define because most of us forum-junkies avoid going out unless absolutely necessary... and most certainly don't go anywhere near the Farang bar areas. Having said that, yesterday, 17th, I did a round trip from Pratumnak Hill area on 3rd Road to Big C Extra and back between 3 pm and 5 pm. and didn't see a single drop of water thrown. I did get wet on the return trip because it rained. I enjoyed that!

Have to agree.  Seemed to be a lot quieter.  If you drive around in a car, you can get a splash free survey done.

• Like 1

Hi. I come back from a 2+ hours walk around Pattaya, and I am.... DRY ! :o B) :P 

It's very quiet - from the water throw point of view - in most the area South Pattaya to Central Road :huh: . Of course Soi 7-Soi 8 to avoid, and a few isolated points on Second Road where you have to walk on the good side of the street, but really not many "dangerous" places for walkers.

South Road mainly used to be in party mode very early, but at nearly 10:30 there are still only 4 wait-spots between Tukcom and Second Road :( 

Songkran this year clearly is not what it used to be...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

I have had a fantastic Songkran this year. Most of my neighbours have had parties and I just turn up at 10am with 2 bottles of Hongthong and am fed and "watered" all day ......... and dancing Maw Lam until my legs collapse!!!

2 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

I have had a fantastic Songkran this year. Most of my neighbours have had parties and I just turn up at 10am with 2 bottles of Hongthong and am fed and "watered" all day ......... and dancing Maw Lam until my legs collapse!!!

Mine has pretty good too.  Although it would have been spoiled if i went out with out earplugs.  Too many Farang douchebags aiming for eyes and ears.  With earplugs in no problem though.  Lam Mae Phim just down the coast was much nicer than Pattaya though.

I had a great Songkran !!

Spent it at Prachuap Khiri Khan !

Controlled area for water fights ( mainly kids ) and just a few revellers chucking water on 3rd road back from the beach, easily avoided if you want.

All this only on Friday 13th also, no early starts, no overruns ! Very civilised !!

Got “ wet “ twice , once from kids in the back of a pickup with a water gun and once when an Army dude at one of the checkpoints in Ao Manao poured a small amount from his water bottle over my arm as I cycled past him !

Car got squirted and powdered maybe 3 times total !!

My kind of Songkran, I’ll be back next year. [emoji2]

5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Hi. I come back from a 2+ hours walk around Pattaya, and I am.... DRY ! :o B) :P 

It's very quiet - from the water throw point of view - in most the area South Pattaya to Central Road :huh: . Of course Soi 7-Soi 8 to avoid, and a few isolated points on Second Road where you have to walk on the good side of the street, but really not many "dangerous" places for walkers.

South Road mainly used to be in party mode very early, but at nearly 10:30 there are still only 4 wait-spots between Tukcom and Second Road :( 

I was thinking WOW, you walked around Pattaya on 2nd Road and didn't get wet on Songkran Day... then I saw "nearly 10:30" at the end of your post. I'll put money down 2nd Road was a crazy water fighting car park by afternoon, as it is at every Songkran.

As an experiment, to add to the Songkran info database, at 3 pm I went for a ride up Pratunmak Road from the overpass, all the way to Thappraya Road intersection and then down Thappraya Road. I only got hit by one bucket of water and some gentle spraying from hoses and avoided the powder. Traffic was very light, and mainly motorcycles. 

• Like 1

I was on Beach Road, 2nd road and then tried to get home late afternoon on Klang.Total chaos, never saw so many people in my life playing like this. Even on Sukimvit it was crazy but fun. Walked on was on motorbike, survived. Only saw one small fight. Central Festival was amazing with water cannons and music. Today Songkran is in Bang Saray.