'Torn Down' Prayuth Vows To ‘Fight’ In Latest Single

webfact

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Breaking news, Prayut is ready to release his next song !!

It is rumored it will be a rendition of Ole Blue eyes song..... My way.

...........others are flocking to the studio to record the Animals classic "We Gotta Get Out of This Place"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The song is the sixth credited to him since he seized power in the 2014 coup d’etat. His previous appeals to the public in song form include Returning Happiness to the People,” “Because You’re Thailand,” “Hope and Faith,” “Bridge, and Diamond Heart.”

Will someone please hand me the bucket....

Geez Louise, all right out of the
Mao Tse Tung Crowd Control Songbook!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I see big potential after he hang up his political ambition to form a duo with his close buddy Prawit. They can name themselves as the Two Ps doing song and dance. 

A revival of Stan & Ollie. One can only hope their performances will be restricted to barracks, nursing homes of retired generals, and tea parties of unusual rich civil servants.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Breaking news, Prayut is ready to release his next song !!

It is rumored it will be a rendition of Ole Blue eyes song..... My way.

But isn't that the anthem of drag queens dressed in period costumes at traditional travesty shows?

Edited by Lupatria
  • Haha 1

Although the auto tune is strong with this  song, I ask if anyone has genuinely listened to it or even understood the words?
It's poetry put to music and not that bad.  Is it so wrong to have an artistic side?

Perhaps it doesn't  meet some people's preferences, but different tastes for some, right? After all, we have those who think Deep Purple was music, or that the   Minstrel shows that polluted the airwaves of the UK in the 70's was fine entertainment, or that the nasty bigoted Heino of Germany was a great artist etc.  I know that there are many Thais who like this sort of thing.

Deep Purple is absolutely music.
Both the music from the band
and the swing era song Deep Purple.
Performed by Artie Shaw and Helen Forrest, and covered by Bing Crosby and many others.

The late John Lord was a classically trained organist and harpsichordist. You can clearly hear that in his work, as well as the work of jazz great Jimmy Smith.

If you don’t like his rocker early stuff,
Even if you don’t hear the homages to the 30-50’s blues legends, and his classical guitar training in his style, then try listening to ‘Blackmores Night’, modern Celtic music.

These guys were real musicians who happened to like to rock out too.

5 minutes ago, animatic said:

Deep Purple is absolutely music.
Both the music from the band
and the swing era song Deep Purple.
Performed by Artie Shaw and Helen Forrest, and covered by Bing Crosby and many others.

The late John Lord was a classically trained organist and harpsichordist. You can clearly hear that in his work, as well as the work of jazz great Jimmy Smith.

If you don’t like his rocker early stuff,
Even if you don’t hear the homages to the 30-50’s blues legends, and his classical guitar training in his style, then try listening to ‘Blackmores Night’, modern Celtic music.

These guys were real musicians who happened to like to rock out too.

...and the topic of the OP was?:ermm:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I see big potential after he hang up his political ambition to form a duo with his close buddy Prawit. They can name themselves as the Two Ps doing song and dance. 

Damn!  I was looking for that clip from the movie "Air America" where the two "Viets" were singing a very campy version of "A horse With No Name" in the nightclub scene.

That would fit the silly little general and his watchful toad friend to a "T"!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Much like Prayut’s explanation, the song’s lyrics mostly convey messages about attempts to do good deeds for the country with no criticisms to obstruct the deeds “carried on by honest hearts for better tomorrow”.

I worry sometimes that this jerk is starting to get to me. Like the other day, as I exited my 7-eleven and pictured Prayut standing there, on the weigh-scale. Nothing wrong with that, I thought, until the image started to glow and vibrate . . . and then I realised that it was just our PM having another of his press tantrums.

Like these crappy songs that the clever guy writes . . . so much easier than answering awkward questions.

I like some of his unreleased stuff, especially this one:

Come on, come on, come on, come on
Come on, come on
Come on, come on, come on
I say come on, come on, come on, come on
Come on, come on
Come on, come on, come on
Do you wanna be in my gang, my gang, my gang?
Do you wanna be in my gang, oh yeah?
Do you wanna be in my gang, my gang, my gang?
Do you wanna be in my gang?
I'm the leader, I'm the leader, I'm the leader of the gang, I am
I'm the leader, I'm the leader, well, there's no one like the man I am
I can take you high as a kite every single night
I can make you jump out of bed standing on my head
Who'd ever believe it? Come on, come on
  • Haha 1