FBI raid on Trump's lawyer sought details on payments to women - source

webfact

2 minutes ago, jimmyyy said:

Two of the bill of rights were broken when they did this.

Which two would that be?

2 minutes ago, jimmyyy said:

I see a lawsuit being filed against the Mueller team and the DOJ by trumps attorney

Which attorney would that be? Specifics of the lawsuit?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I agree he WILL NOT be convicted!

I did not say that. I said it's up to the senate. Assuming he is impeached, it will take a good portion of republican votes to convict him in the senate. That is possible depending on the specific reasons for the impeachment and also more republicans realizing that they have no benefit themselves as individuals, a party, or for the nation to continue to tolerate the criminally corrupt "trump" when they have "Mr. Clean" waiting in the wings. 

Resignation is also a possibility even before active impeachment. Like Nixon. He is already disgraced. It's going to get much worse. What would he have to gain by dragging it out? 

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I did not say that. I said it's up to the senate. Assuming he is impeached, it will take a good portion of republican votes to convict him in the senate. That is possible depending on the specific reasons for the impeachment and also more republicans realizing that they have no benefit themselves as individuals, a party, or for the nation to continue to tolerate the criminally corrupt "trump" when they have "Mr. Clean" waiting in the wings. 

Resignation is also a possibility even before active impeachment. Like Nixon. He is already disgraced. It's going to get much worse. What would he have to gain by dragging it out? 

Nixon only resigned in the end at the behoovement of senate leaders.   He finally faced reality and understood his congressional support was gone.

The current POTUS is inherently unable to face reality.   He was raised with a silver/gold spoon firmly  placed down  his throat.    It's questionable if POTUS even  has a grasp on reality.

He will NEVER resign.    I'll put a couple of THB on that claim or a few beers.

Any takers?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Nixon only resigned in the end at the behoovement of senate leaders.   He finally faced reality and understood his congressional support was gone.

The current POTUS is inherently unable to face reality.   He was raised with a silver/gold spoon firmly  placed down  his throat.    It's questionable if POTUS even  has a grasp on reality.

He will NEVER resign.    I'll put a couple of THB on that claim or a few beers.

Any takers?

There is merit in that argument but I wouldn't be that certain. If it's better for him to resign than stay, he still may resign. Like his many bankruptcies. With him, it might be a matter of making a "deal" with him because that's his world so that he can paint it as a win. He also has a family business empire to protect. It's all on the line for him. I don't think the decision will be as simple or predictable as you suggest. 

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There is merit in that argument but I wouldn't be that certain. If it's better for him to resign than stay, he still may resign. Like his many bankruptcies. With him, it might be a matter of making a "deal" with him because that's his world so that he can paint it as a win. He also has a family business empire to protect. It's all on the line for him. I don't think the decision will be as simple or predictable as you suggest. 

Please allow me to disagree.

I believe President Trump  will be prevented from resigning from his office no matter what future developments occur.   His pride is larger than the entire White House.

I don't seek any great disruption or upheaval in the administration of the USA government.   I do, however,  look forward to different results in the Presidential election of 2020.

43 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Please allow me to disagree.

I believe President Trump  will be prevented from resigning from his office no matter what future developments occur.   His pride is larger than the entire White House.

I don't seek any great disruption or upheaval in the administration of the USA government.   I do, however,  look forward to different results in the Presidential election of 2020.

You don't need my permission to disagree with me!

Anyway, I am not predicting he will resign. I am predicting he will be impeached after the midterms (unless he resigns first). On conviction of impeachment, no prediction. On resignation, I am just saying it is not impossible as you seem to be suggesting. I think there are scenarios where even bizarre fake macho egotist "trump" might still do it. 

Edited by Jingthing

If the FBI can take such drastic action for an NDA payment made to a hooker that slept with the POTUS 12 years ago, I wonder why the FBI has not done any raids on the Clintons' Lawyers - especially about the money paid by Russians to Bill and to the Foundation, both before and after the Russia-gate episode (the Uranium deal). 

In fact, given donations to the Clinton Foundation have dropped dramatically since she lost the election (yes, she lost - someone should tell her), why is the FBI not investigating what was in the opinion of many people, nothing more than a 'pay for favors' setup. 

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

9 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Clinton's infidelity happened while he was in office, Trumps suspected infidelity happened decades before he was elected.

Yep. Remember 45 is born again. All his sins are now borne by the sky fairies. Don't ya just love flexible religious morality?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

If the FBI can take such drastic action for an NDA payment made to a hooker that slept with the POTUS 12 years ago, I wonder why the FBI has not done any raids on the Clintons' Lawyers - especially about the money paid by Russians to Bill and to the Foundation, both before and after the Russia-gate episode (the Uranium deal). 

In fact, given donations to the Clinton Foundation have dropped dramatically since she lost the election (yes, she lost - someone should tell her), why is the FBI not investigating what was in the opinion of many people, nothing more than a 'pay for favors' setup. 

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You assume the FBI acted on the basis of the NDA payment and that even if they did the payment itself was within the law.

9 hours ago, mike324 said:

You still don't see the big picture? Trumps aides have been working with the Russians and breaking laws for decades. Heck perhaps Trump is so afraid because he broke some laws himself too.

Its not about some girl that Trump might have slept with.

The right doesn't need to feel disfranchised, Trump has already done that to the country himself. He blamed Obama for everything, made up fake stories and his supporters swallowed it all up. The country is already very divided and at war with each other.

Working with people from another country is not a crime.

Manafort lobbied for a number of very controversial leaders - and one of those was Ukrainian leader.

This does not by any stretch prove collusion with Russia to sway the election. In fact, there is no proof that Russia influenced the election at all. 

As for the rest of your message - it's irrelevant. Trump won the election - you can dislike him all you like but no matter how much you hate him, he's still the elected president with a strong base.

It is so clear now that Mueller just wants to find anything to throw at Trump. This being the case, if he is successful, that base of Trumps is going to bit back very hard. They WILL feel disenfranchised and rightly so.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Manafort lobbied for a number of very controversial leaders - and one of those was Ukrainian leader.

This does not by any stretch prove collusion with Russia to sway the election. In fact, there is no proof that Russia influenced the election at all. 

As for the rest of your message - it's irrelevant. Trump won the election - you can dislike him all you like but no matter how much you hate him, he's still the elected president with a strong base.

It is so clear now that Mueller just wants to find anything to throw at Trump. This being the case, if he is successful, that base of Trumps is going to bit back very hard. They WILL feel disenfranchised and rightly so.

Treason is a crime.

Trumps latest (Cohen/Stormy based) woes are as a result not of Mueller but the US attorney for NY.  Mueller may have tipped them off but it was other GOP appointees that brought it.  Mueller is still fastidiously doing his job of course, so it may not be this particular criminal conspiracy that will be one to bring Trump down- there are plenty to choose from.

The rest of Mike324's post is highly relevant.  It speaks to all the whinging and moaning going on by Trumpers here and across other social media.  They will be put down under the rule of law if they behave illegally as a result of Trump's forthcoming demise.

I have a question for those who know U.S. law:  What is the maximum penalty for treason in this day and age?  Is it still execution?

10 hours ago, mike324 said:

You still don't see the big picture? Trumps aides have been working with the Russians and breaking laws for decades. Heck perhaps Trump is so afraid because he broke some laws himself too.

Its not about some girl that Trump might have slept with.

The right doesn't need to feel disfranchised, Trump has already done that to the country himself. He blamed Obama for everything, made up fake stories and his supporters swallowed it all up. The country is already very divided and at war with each other.

Let's assume your are correct in the assumption that oligarchs have been buying Trump properties to launder their money or that Trump was working on a deal to build a tower in Moscow.  So what! If someone buys my house, do I question where the money comes from? No.  Go to New York, Florida, Los Angeles and look at the number of foreign owners of multimillion dollar properties from the Middle East, China, Japan, etc.  No one is asking where the money comes from and no one cares. These foreign buyers are all trying to secure their money with assets in the United States because it is relatively safe there. 

Obama was indeed a weak president and the disaster in Syria, Yemen, etc., the Iran deal all happened on his watch. So let's not blame Trump for that.  The economy is booming with Trump in office.  Stocks are up and it seems like every 3rd house around me is being torn down and rebuilt. The number of commercial properties being redeveloped in Los Angeles is staggering. That's because there is confidence by business that they have a friend in the White House. Obama did nothing for 8 years but berate business and talk about the wealthy being evil capitalists and not paying their fair share. He was as divisive in his way and Trumps may be in his.  Say what you will about Trump, he may be boorish at times but things are moving again. 

Trump supporters did not swallow up fake stories, they saw what is happening to the country and voted differently that you wanted. They have a different opinion of what America should be than you so they voted differently. A lot of people identified with Trump's message. It may not be to your liking but that doesn't make you right and others wrong. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/11/2018 at 11:52 AM, lannarebirth said:

Trump is the result of that, not the cause of that. No, I'm not defending him.

I find that funny, wonder why Trump kept on saying Obama wasn't born in the US and spread numerous lies even before Trump decide to run for president?

I find that funny, wonder why Trump kept on saying Obama wasn't born in the US and spread numerous lies even before Trump decide to run for president?
Because he's a disgusting racist and he was flirting with running for president for decades already and was testing going for a right wing white nationalist base.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2018 at 9:00 PM, pedro01 said:

I didn't say it was a crime did I? But did he disclose it? NO which is a crime hence why he is under arrest now and facing perhaps decades in jail. Not to mention money laundry and failure to pay taxes on millions of dollars. His charges are very serious.

As for Trump, I've always say it (you can search in the past) that I don't believe Trump has any collusion with Russia. But he does have shady business dealings that can land him in hot waters.

On 4/11/2018 at 10:17 PM, Trouble said:

Let's assume your are correct in the assumption that oligarchs have been buying Trump properties to launder their money or that Trump was working on a deal to build a tower in Moscow.  So what! If someone buys my house, do I question where the money comes from? No.  Go to New York, Florida, Los Angeles and look at the number of foreign owners of multimillion dollar properties from the Middle East, China, Japan, etc.  No one is asking where the money comes from and no one cares. These foreign buyers are all trying to secure their money with assets in the United States because it is relatively safe there. 

Obama was indeed a weak president and the disaster in Syria, Yemen, etc., the Iran deal all happened on his watch. So let's not blame Trump for that.  The economy is booming with Trump in office.  Stocks are up and it seems like every 3rd house around me is being torn down and rebuilt. The number of commercial properties being redeveloped in Los Angeles is staggering. That's because there is confidence by business that they have a friend in the White House. Obama did nothing for 8 years but berate business and talk about the wealthy being evil capitalists and not paying their fair share. He was as divisive in his way and Trumps may be in his.  Say what you will about Trump, he may be boorish at times but things are moving again. 

Trump supporters did not swallow up fake stories, they saw what is happening to the country and voted differently that you wanted. They have a different opinion of what America should be than you so they voted differently. A lot of people identified with Trump's message. It may not be to your liking but that doesn't make you right and others wrong. 

I won't go on debating about Trump yet with his business dealings regarding to his apartments since we don't have the facts.

Obama was not weak, he is trying to stay out of world problems.  At the same time, during his term, he was just giving a voice to the blacks which many whites have a problem with. They call that as dividing the country! Its amazing that now Trump supporters are using the same "fake" job, economy data that Trump once called fake during Obamas term and attack Obama with it. Again Obama is not perfect, but during his term, he could not accomplish as much due to the Republicans blocking his every move.

Trump pretends he is staying out of world problems, but its just a start, he is moving more troops overseas and boosting the military spending. What do you say about that? More war is always good for the US?

I know why folks voted for Trump, but sorry to say, they did swallow up a lot of fake stories. Look at how many times Trump have back tracked his own words, and the facts he stated was false and wrong. I don't think you need to even start listing it. I actually do support some of Trumps policy such as immigration and enforcing laws on illegals. But not his views on legal immigrants as bad for the country and such.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

What will happen: the Mueller investigation very soon finds its end. Nothing will be find which can use against Trump. This will push Trump's approval rate.

Some decent democrats will accept the outcome. The rest won't stop to blame others. Let'em cry...

However, the chances that Trump will benefit from all this weird attempts to impeach or discredit him is very high.

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

Hail to thee O Time Traveler! Clearly the future is just not big enough to contain you. Now can you please travel to the sixties and tell them that there is no future in bell bottoms. For that relief, much thanks.

• Haha 1

What will happen: the Mueller investigation very soon finds its end. Nothing will be find which can use against Trump. This will push Trump's approval rate.

Some decent democrats will accept the outcome. The rest won't stop to blame others. Let'em cry...

However, the chances that Trump will benefit from all this weird attempts to impeach or discredit him is very high.

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

You're on record.
You're forgetting something.
New York / Cohen is happening too.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

That's pretty worthless prognostication, on par with the nonsense penned by Nostradamus while blind-drunk on absinthe.  

"Very soon" could be a few weeks or months.

"Nothing [will be found] ... against Trump"  Most of the malfeasance will have been done by Trump agents on his behalf.  All we need to uncover are signs that Trump knew and approved (or didn't disapprove) of these crimes.

"This will push Trump's approval rating".  I notice you didn't way which way.

"The chance that Trump will benefit ... is very high"  Sure, just like Hillary's chance of winning was very high.  The chance of your plane reaching its destination is very high, but every so often one of them does do down in flames.

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2018 at 9:00 PM, pedro01 said:

Why was this guy who was appointed by Sessions recused just shortly before the raid on Cohen? 

"Berman, named in January as an interim replacement to fill the post formerly held by Preet Bharara, whom Trump dismissed last year, was recused by Justice Department officials under Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, said the source, who was not authorized to comment publicly". 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/04/10/top-ny-prosecutor-geoffrey-berman-trump-appointee-recused-michael-cohen-inquiry/502367002/

Edited by riclag

On 11 April 2018 at 9:00 PM, pedro01 said:

You are forgetting that Manifort has been indicted for crimes.

Your guessing and imagining re the Mueller investigation is just that, guesses and imagination laced with unfounded hope.

• Like 1

Trump retweeted a funny tweet.

' Daniels and her attorney, Michael Avenatti, unveiled the sketch of a man she says threatened her to keep quiet about her claims she once had an affair with Trump. '

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/04/18/donald-trump-mocks-stormy-daniels-sketch-tweet/527302002/

DbDpOqbW0AAMCrN.jpg

Left: Police sketch of the non-existent man allegedly threatened Stormy. Right: Her boyfriend

lol. That's super stupid. But it's even more stupid that Dems give Stormy a higher credibility than Potus.

Case closed :D

21 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Trump retweeted a funny tweet.

' Daniels and her attorney, Michael Avenatti, unveiled the sketch of a man she says threatened her to keep quiet about her claims she once had an affair with Trump. '

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/04/18/donald-trump-mocks-stormy-daniels-sketch-tweet/527302002/

DbDpOqbW0AAMCrN.jpg

Left: Police sketch of the non-existent man allegedly threatened Stormy. Right: Her boyfriend

lol. That's super stupid. But it's even more stupid that Dems give Stormy a higher credibility than Potus.

Case closed :D

Edited by bristolboy

"trump" does not believe the rule of law applies to HIM. Only others. Only his enemies. He was the same way before he was president. Now he has great power. Prepare for more damage to come from such a totally unfit and inappropriate man to be president. 

Trump’s rage at Mueller is increasingly delusional. But it’s even worse than that.

Trump’s objection to the raid on Cohen’s office isn’t that law enforcement victimized him by abusing the process. It’s that legitimate law enforcement scrutiny is being applied to him.

http://www.paywallnews.com/life/Opinion-|-Trump’s-rage-at-Mueller-is-increasingly-delusional--But-it’s-even-worse-than-that-.Syl9TCEnz.html