Video: Rescue organisations fight for the right to victims - woman shot at hospital as violence spills over

webfact

Video: Rescue organisations fight for the right to victims - woman shot at hospital as violence spills over

3pm.jpg

A woman was shot as violence between two rescue organisations erupted at a Bangkok hospital just after midnight on Wednesday.

Videos showed an altercation between the two groups outside as two shots ring out.

The violence then continues inside the Central General Hospital in Bang Khen as police and security find themselves between the warring factions near some lifts.

The two groups involved are the Ruam Katanyu Foundation and the Civil Defence Volunteers.

For decades there have been disputes between rival organisations over who has the right to pick up victims. Many disputes have now been settled but in this case there has been some overlap.

The drama began at a road accident outside the Thai Rath Withaya 75 Chalerm Prakiat School in Watcharaphol Road at 10pm on Tuesday night.

There was a dispute between Ruam Kathanyu and the CDV over a victim after they both arrived and the CDV said they did not have the required equipment that they had to borrow.

When the equipment was returned the violence erupted at the hospital.

In the melee outside the hospital Sawitree Triwiset, 22, the girlfriend of a Ruam Katanyu official was shot in the right shoulder by a stray bullet fired from a person on a motorcycle.

Later the victim and her boyfriend Thonchot Inkham,19, went to Bang Khen police to press for charges of assault and attempted murder against the CDV.

They said that they were sure the person on the motorcycle was part of the rival group as they had been seen talking with them earlier.

Investigations continue. 

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-12

Does anyone know how much money is involved here? are they getting a percentage of the patients bill?  Is it just xxxbaht per patient?  Is it monies from what ever goes missing from that patient?

I did have sawan boriboon scrape me off the pavement twice and very greatful for it.

My ex GF's mum used to lock the car doors from the inside whenever we went for a drive to try and keep the body snatchers out long enough until the cops turned up if we had an accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1