Thai costume fever

EricTh

I was in for a shock today when I went to the bank today. All the bank staff were wearing traditional Thai costumes. I though the male staff looked very casual.

Then I went to Lotus to do some shopping and lo and behold, we have staff there dressing in Thai costumes baring their right shoulders in an air-conditioned place. 

Where to buy these traditional costumes, maybe I should wear like them. :partytime2:

Edited by EricTh

Playing dress up, a chance to be something else, a desire to be one of royalty, a break from minimum pay boredom or even worse, unemployment. I've noticed "working class' English people just love top hat and tails weddings, dressing up for the races, etc. Looking like the 1% even if it only lasts a few hours.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, narkeddiver said:

I don’t think the PM wants it too traditional as I believe traditional dress for Northern ladies was just a skirt ;)

I think you are correct, as The English Diplomat's  wifes in Bangkok , during Queen Victoria reign, complained about the Thai women going around bare breasted.    Shortly after there was a new rule that women should    wear bra and cover themselves and the men should wear clothes that cover their tattoos. Some history buffs can find that somewhere and there are many historical photos to support that.

• Like 2

I think you are correct, as The English Diplomat's  wifes in Bangkok , during Queen Victoria reign, complained about the Thai women going around bare breasted.    Shortly after there was a new rule that women should    wear bra and cover themselves and the men should wear clothes that cover their tattoos. Some history buffs can find that somewhere and there are many historical photos to support that.
Bring back the good old days.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

The Boss man asked the people to dress in traditional Thai over the Songkran period.

I think that is it dotpoom , yesterday way way up here in Huai Khrai and having a coffee outside Lotus express it was noticed that all the staff were dressed very smartly , even the entrance to Lotus was festooned in flowers , apparantly this had nothing to do with the Boss , but Mr Tesco Lotus was coming along later.

4 hours ago, agudbuk said:
4 hours ago, cnx355 said:

Bring back the good old days.

Enrollment in Thia universities would sky-rocket if they did this.  I would definitely go back to school.

21 hours ago, narkeddiver said:

I don’t think the PM wants it too traditional as I believe traditional dress for Northern ladies was just a skirt ;)

Works for me :post-4641-1156694572:

6 hours ago, cnx355 said:

I think you are correct, as The English Diplomat's  wifes in Bangkok , during Queen Victoria reign, complained about the Thai women going around bare breasted.

Thats because their Husbands were having a Ball and who can blame them, that will not have gone down well with alot of Fat Frumpy Tarts from Essex i.e. Their Wives.   :biggrin:

• Like 1