The RC Planes

natejasper

I live in Issan & have posted the same question, but not for Ubon. I got one reply from  guy in Chang Mai.

It appears people like us are from Pluto.

I'm 2 hours away from Ubon so I'm afraid I can be of no help, except to tell you to look forward to the sound of crickets, or people that have quads, such as a Phantom. But that's not flying...Almost no skill required.

There must be Thai clubs as I see a small group of Thais 2 -3 times a week with some very nice looking planes in Buriram.

It was crickets also when I asked about hawking in Thailand although one guy did answer eventually. 

People like us that can't read and write Thai fluently miss out on a lot of stuff. An airbus pilot that I knew was a keen RC plane flyer, maybe you should contact someone at the local airport.

We have very large RC Plane & Heli community in ubon and we use to have and still have RC airport for it but unfortunately it was closed long time ago but still nothing done to make it back. Like John said they are regularly beside lake and then on warin Farmers market  what is junction of roads 24 & 231.

and this Shop behind Green bush is cartoon magazine shop in Warin and he is one of the main source for anything with Planes, Helis and Drones and he know all activities in Ubon and where they fly and when. There is usually 2 brothers who are working and they mom, so if not seen them then ask where boys are as she knows and non of them speak English, so only in thai, how ever bros older and taller do understand english as specially when it comes to RC questions, pic below and you can see point where is BOOK Store(not that one what is beside Bank) this is opposite side of the Khuanthani road. He also repair anything regarding RC and not expencive at all and he can also order spares from bkk.

image.png.ba61c564cc744cb619a8541a8753683a.pngimage.png.a4846367b81004751a2f29bb14a866bc.png