A suspected Russian robber arrested at Suvarnabhumi airport

rooster59

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Pretty despicable thing to do.

I see a Thai RTAF officer was fined 2,000 Baht for slapping a woman. Wonder what this guy's fine will be for punching her unconscious, given he's not Thai?

I wonder if they've recovered the cash? I'll follow this story with interest.

..i cant fight any more..too old..but Id love to take it up to him..poor lady lost consciousness at blow 5/6..however he kept pounding her then three or four more after he grabbed the bag off her..despicable.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Glad I'm not going to the world cup. 

Similar to other countries, not many Russians are psychopathic thugs, drunkards, amphetamines users, soccer hooligans or robbers.
Go there, and you will find that, especially the middle aged and older population is on average very well educated ,
and that overall the population is friendly, and very hospitable.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, impulse said:

In that case, what's the difference between a million baht and a thousand baht?   The tragedy was the physical harm suffered by the woman.  $30,000 doesn't seem like a lot for a currency exchange kiosk to operate for a day, and I've seen hundreds of them around the world with just one cashier.

That's like suggesting people reduce their odds of being mugged by carrying less cash.  It doesn't reduce the odds of being mugged.  It only reduces the amount the mugger gets away with.  In fact, I'd prefer to have more cash (in small bills) if I get mugged- to distract the mugger from beating the crap out of me.  You can't count money and kick someone in the head at the same time.

you could be wrong you know,  it happens.  :cheesy:

11 minutes ago, transam said:

But it seems being hunky does not pay his bills......:sad:

From the instagram pictures he matches every prejudice/stereotype for such posers.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

My guess is he timed this for when she was opening up, which might explain how he got access and why a large sum of money (the day's float I would imagine) was unsecured in a backpack.

"and disappeared with her backpack, which was 600 thousand Thai baht"

Per Russia News Today https://chelorg.com/2018/04/14/in-thailand-detained-a-russian-citizen/

Also of interest, and from the same source:

"an outer camera caught the license plate of the motorcycle"

"It turned out that the bike was rented in December of last year in the name of the Russian who rented an expensive Villa in Pattaya and lived there with his family. The Russians were also the long-term lease another sports bike and the car, said a police source."

"Wife and five year old daughter of a Russian citizen was also arrested. The suspect’s wife may be charged as an accomplice."

"Things that were with him (at Suvarnabhumi), were found the money .. and the backpack"

And last but not least, just to emphasise the brutality of this attack:

"the cashier of the exchange office is currently in the intensive care unit of a hospital Pattaya"

Surely they didant ateast the 5-year-old girl?

Hope they throw away the key on this Animal.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Happy enough said:

i think the fact he beat her unconscious in a premeditated robbery makes it's incomparable to the RTAF officer slapping a woman in a fit of rage don't you?

Happy,Maybe bluesofa limited intelligence doesn't allow him to go beyond that.

1 hour ago, KKr said:

Similar to other countries, not many Russians are psychopathic thugs, drunkards, amphetamines users, soccer hooligans or robbers.
Go there, and you will find that, especially the middle aged and older population is on average very well educated ,
and that overall the population is friendly, and very hospitable.

I see you cherry picked my post. I'll watch the football on TV, all things considered.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, FiveStarVagabond said:

This low life mongrel thug should be charged with attempted murder. I really hope he rots in a Thai jail for many years. If anybody knows which hospital this poor girl is in please let me know, I would love to send some flowers etc.

Flowers won't help. Send money or gold.

• Like 1