Four die in a pickup truck that smashed into a roadside tree in Korat

webfact

Four die in a pickup truck that smashed into a roadside tree

By Thai PBS

car-crash1.jpg

Three youths were killed and the fourth died later at a hospital after a pickup truck in which they were travelling lost control and crashed into a huge roadside tree in Phimai district of Nakhon Ratchasima on Saturday(Apr 14).

Police said that the four youths had just celebrated their Songkran in Ban Tambon Hin Lat, Huey Klang district and had drunk whisky before they set off for a ride to Phimai district.

While heading for Phimai district, the group live-streamed their journey with the driver being seen sipping whisky and appeared to be not focusing on driving while the others giggled.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/four-die-pickup-truck-smashed-roadside-tree/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-16
  • Haha 1

the tree didn't die

The tree wasn't hurt to an extend that the family had to sell off all assets to keep caring

the tree tells her own story, and anyone can see what the message was/is.

be it that 4 young lives were wasted....RIP

well sadly this is going on every day ,never mind holidays,untill someone takes it seriously nothing will change.

its a godsent that there were no innocent victims.seeing the clip that was very lucky.

I wonder how the parents will feel.NO COMPENSATION.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, hgma said:

the tree didn't die

The tree wasn't hurt to an extend that the family had to sell off all assets to keep caring

the tree tells her own story, and anyone can see what the message was/is.

be it that 4 young lives were wasted....RIP

and  dont forget to put some "lucky ribbons" round the tree now also

44 minutes ago, meatboy said:

well sadly this is going on every day ,never mind holidays,untill someone takes it seriously nothing will change.

its a godsent that there were no innocent victims.seeing the clip that was very lucky.

I wonder how the parents will feel.NO COMPENSATION.

Yeah "devastated"...............at the no compensation

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ferguston said:

Sad to note that according to Thai statistics only 3 died because 1 died in hospital !

yeh I wonder how many more that wont be added to the count.

next yr.they might give the count for them that died in the hospital or on the way.

then they can have others TO BLAME.

Edited by meatboy

30 minutes ago, meatboy said:

yeh I wonder how many more that wont be added to the count.

next yr.they might give the count for them that died in the hospital or on the way.

then they can have others TO BLAME.

Thai death toll figures are ONLY those who die at the scene.  If you die in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, or in the hospital, that doesn't count as "road death toll".  Got an in-law who is a Lt. with the RTP traffic devision who confirmed that.

4 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

"Three youths were killed and the fourth died later at a hospital after a pickup truck in which they were travelling [sic] lost control and crashed into a huge roadside tree in Phimai district of Nakhon Ratchasima on Saturday(Apr 14)."  (emphasis mine)

So it was the pickup that lost control and crashed and not the driver that lost control of the pickup?

Had the pickup been in psychotherapy prior to the crash for other "control" issues? I'm keeping a sharp eye on my pickup from now on.  RiP, the victims and condolences to family and friends. Hmmm do I spy custom wheels and low profile tires on that pickup truck? I wonder... naaaaah, couldn't be!

Despite minor errors in wording and / or punctuation, I think the majority of readers gained a full understanding of the statement.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

Thai death toll figures are ONLY those who die at the scene.  If you die in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, or in the hospital, that doesn't count as "road death toll".  Got an in-law who is a Lt. with the RTP traffic devision who confirmed that.

Did you ask why? We'd all love to know so we might better understand yet another example of twisted Thai logic. They really do live on a different planet to the rest of us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Did you ask why? We'd all love to know so we might better understand yet another example of twisted Thai logic. They really do live on a different planet to the rest of us.

Yeah, I did.  His reply - "They didn't die at site of accident, so don't count." 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Thai built Truck for sure; they do not fix together the Cab, Chassis and Body together in the same way as other countries and hence you will see many that break apart in this way.

I don't know about the difference.

But I know that the sturdy/safe pickup is a myth.

What would one expect from a vehicle of that size with only 1.5 tons empty weight.

All optimized for minimal weight not for sturdiness.

AND what would it have helped if they sat in a Benz S Class?

Car might look better but victims (internally) ruptured/torn apart by the impact.

(remember the prominent case of Princess Diana)

There is limit of speed and impact where no safety measure can help you.

57 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Thai built Truck for sure; they do not fix together the Cab, Chassis and Body together in the same way as other countries and hence you will see many that break apart in this way.

Looks like the cabin been superglued to the chassis!

And of course you can bet none of them were wearing seatbelts, because as a brainless young Thai relative told me....''We don't need seatbelts to protect us because we have many lucky charms''.    Lol.

Edited by trainman34014
  • Like 1

"While heading for Phimai district, the group live-streamed their journey with the driver being seen sipping whisky and appeared to be not focusing on driving while the others giggled."

Roughly translated into "Not our fault, the Tree pulled out on us"