380 drink drivers vow not to drink drive again before being taken to court

webfact

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Had to look that one up, in front of the beak.. yea that is my only worry that they get a discount on their punishment. That would be of course something i strongly oppose. 

Yeah, sorry about that. I used 'beak' as I was soliciting cheap popularity and 'like's with the native English speakers. But let's keep that a secret between us....:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is a sad, sad thing that this thing must be done to try to educate people.

It is quite clear, now, nothing can be done about the daily onslaught on the roads due to the mindset of people.

Strict policing, high fines, better driving education, whatever, it will not help.

Sad.

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

113,960 drink drivers arrested and 2,991 vehicles seized in three days. 

380 drink drivers vow not to drink drive again before being taken to court .

...and there you have it folks.....problem solved!

well this has got to be a very very FUNNY STORY.this will take Thailand to NO1 in the funny stakes.

5yrs.in jail might help them get over it.

4 hours ago, coulson said:

Ah yes, that reminds me when I took the pledge at my confirmation, all of 12 years old, didn't work out either.

And at 12 you already have a far superior mental capacity then this lot.

Put your hands up who knows when a Thai is lying.

Correct, when their lips are moving, and when they put their hands up :coffee1:

7 hours ago, Jip99 said:

I call “bullshit” on that one.

My sister runs a similar course in uk for drink drivers. So she does all this awareness stuff for a fixed price per group lugging around her own equipment and often using her own materials. Anyway, its not particularly controlled or ran well. A fair percentage of attendees have got alcoholic or drug dependency problems and shall we say not really interested in the points made. She often fails these people and gets derated herself for doing so of course all for the sake of the next person funning the course to click OK and get their full rating. What's the point of it all?

a room filled with 380 alcoholics facing DUI charges swear they will never drink and drive again

how astonishingly confidence inspiring

(the first thing one learns working at an alcohol rehab facility is to not believe a single word the alcoholic says)

Hahaha most people fear driving on the Thai roads but have the courage to do so.But others are so fearful they need a few to many drinks in order to have the Dutch courage to get behind the wheel. That's the only logical conclusion I can draw from all the evidence I've seen. 

This is why the road toll is still increasing year after year no matter what the authorities do. 

Think about it .......

380 drink drivers vow not to drink drive again before being taken to court
By Thai PBS

drink-drivers.jpg&key=3d1eaeba8473ea302ce6763e641df25453e66448e4e96ef33612c5cf6839d875

A total of 380 drink drivers took part in a vow-taking ceremony held at Bangpu police station on Sunday(Apr 15), with a promise that they will not ride a motorcycle or drive a car under the influence of alcohol.

The event was chaired by Pol Gen Veerachai Songmetta, the deputy national police chief, and attended by several Samut Prakan police, including Pol Maj-Gen Thamnoon Traitippayapong, the provincial police commander.

Held under the programme, titled “No Drink Driving Again”, the event started with monks giving all the 380 drink drivers caught during Songkran festival a sermon about living a life free from carelessness.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/380-drink-drivers-vow-not-drink-drive-taken-court/
  thaipbs_logo.jpg&key=d34ba2086cd411fee0de91d758992a2739d51a531e2b9abaa083f36ed34e55b6 -- [emoji767] Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-16
[emoji28]

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I wonder how many Brits ( or others ) used to say on Xmas morning after a skinfull Xmas eve " I am not doing this again , no seriously '

A week later ...New Years Eve and back to the same pub for another skinfull.

At the last count, it was 2 453 762 , slightly down on the previous years figure