British man beats  wife to death in Ubon Ratchathani

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, Jingjock said:

Google it like I have, very well known, they also mention other countries of criminals here that comit crimes. Stats in Asia for long term lock ups is Brits No.1 Aussies no.2

do the stats take into consideration the number of people coming from each country or do they just go on the number of crimes committed (the latter is my guess)

Even if she was really cheating on him, which seems only speculation by the killer, why kill her?  You are living in Pattaya where you married an attractive hooker nearly half your age who married you primarily for an easy life and hoping to help her family, not for love and certainly not because she particularly enjoyed having sex with you, although she may well have found it tolerable in normal circumstances.  In the worst case you can find another one, even younger or just have fun on the side (you are in Pattay for Chrissakes) while still coming home at night to let your kids grow up in a family environment. 

Makes no sense but like all these sad farang stories is based on a fundamental self delusion about the reasons the bride married him.  

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

do the stats take into consideration the number of people coming from each country or do they just go on the number of crimes committed (the latter is my guess)

I would think that Nigerians must feature quite high up on that list, although many may be on false passports or other people's passports with their identities and nationalities never verified but incarcerated nevertheless.  

• Confused 1

Three children. What a total tragedy - one of many, unfortunately, resulting from Thailand's preponderance of Blue Angel relationships between ageing, relatively well-heeled falangs and attractive young Thai women desperate for the means to care for their families.

When will we ever learn?

19 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Why did he marry her and what was he expecting in return ?

Why did she marry him and what was she expecting in return ?

RIP of course....

She was probably not expecting to be kicked to death. As for asking a psychopath what he expects, well.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I don't think its common, you seem to think its common among Thais.. given that there are far less foreigners in Thais this counts like 30 times in the news. Maybe that puts it back in perspective for you. I don't know what made you so bitter you used to be different.

I read about stuff that foreigners did in the UK that is far worse, not to mention stuff done in the USA. Canada I have no clue as I don't see many documentaries from that country. Just look at crimes that shook Britain for instance and for an american view on things the first 48.  I think you will get back then accepting that scum like this lives everywhere. 

Why do you think I am bitter, just calling it as I see it. I see the news from here, I see the news from home. Not many stomping deaths at home, lots of them here. I see stories here that reach beyond imagination in horror and depravity seemingly at least one a month.

You can't base the crime rate on a few documentary's which focus on the most outrageous acts. Canada has had some pretty messed up stuff too. But I can only remember a few. I remember dozens from here.

This is not racism this is realism. I believe that the inclination to gross bodily harm comes easier here. And by here you can include all the lesser developed nations in the vicinity

1 hour ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

You're barking up the wrong tree.

am I ..... then please tell me what you were implying when you said "Poor bloke, he just couldn't take it anymore. He must have snapped. I bet she was a piece of work"

What does "I bet she was a piece of work" mean ??

• Like 2

18 hours ago, robblok said:

anyone who has a history of aggression when drinking should not drink and if something happens when they do drink should be held extra accountable because they know they have a history of violence with alcohol

LOL, they are Addicts, Alcoholics, Mentally unstable, they are not in a position to make a rational decision as ( Oh, i better not have a Drink today i might Murder someone.) and quite frankly i find your intense interest and number of posts regarding this tragedy rather worrying.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Acemaker said:

LOL, they are Addicts, Alcoholics, Mentally unstable, they are not in a position to make a rational decision as ( Oh, i better not have a Drink today i might Murder someone.) and quite frankly i find your intense interest and number of posts regarding this tragedy rather worrying.

I find your attacks on me a bit worrying, but ill let it be. I work from home, its easy for me to post on topics.

You did not get my reasoning here, if your violent alcoholic you need to seek help. I am sure they are addicted but that does not excuse them. If your a violent alcoholic (or other violent drug user) and you still use drugs you need to be punished more severely. I seen my share of violent alcoholics these people should just not be allowed to drink, every-time they do they put others at risk. 

Edited by robblok
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, robblok said:

I don't find it high violence at al for a foreigner, we are capable of the same violence as Thais.. kicking a girl in the head.. strangling her. I think foreigners should be reminded that wherever you come from there will be always scum like this and should stop judging Thais based on their scum. Just like I don't hold the Brits responsible for this scum or the Dutch for the pedo guy. 

I often watch documentaries, and believe me whatever country you choose there are always animals like this. 

Well said !!

20 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

If you're married to a attractive person 22 years younger than you, paranoia is going to be pretty much a constant.

Maybe she was cheating, maybe she wasn't. Still, no reason to kill her.

Not True I have been married to my wife now for 10 years I am 65 she is 39 She is a head turner when she goes into a room Very sexy very very prety I never give it a second thought Sound more like you are insecure  

• Like 1

Disgusting and terrible. I hope he will receive just punishment. Whatever happened, nothing justifies such horrible action. 

Ironically, just a week ago when another Brit was stabbed by his wife because of leaving her, I wrote that I will never understand how some people here end up with such low lifes as partners. As we can see here, it’s not always the poor Farang and the horrible Thai wife. A lot of low lifes on both sides, whether guy or girl, whether Thai or Farang. Should be a reminder for everyone to be careful of what kind of person you’re marrying there, and I wish this young lady and her three kids had not ended up with this sick guy. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, robblok said:

I was more talking about how people were judged and how they always blame culture if its a Thai but when its a foreigner nobody mentions culture as then your attacking your own culture.. and that is not done of course.

Anyway happy to see so many here condemning the guy.  (normal to do so IMHO)

How do you feel now mr Blok, being judge and jury?

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Did not make anything up, they fought over sex she refused sex and that is what they fought over.. that is a fact according to the BKK post.. so obviously the guy could not take refusal of sex. In my mind that means she had to be willing whenever he wanted. 

get the facts man !!!!

He just wanted to participate in the usual Thai ceremony of kicking a weaker person when they're down. The only thing lacking was five or six other participants.  Hope he gets what's coming to him.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, wabothai said:

How do you feel now mr Blok, being judge and jury?

How is he being judge and jury, his comment seems like a reasonable and balanced view, and it is a valid point that Thai culture is often blamed for crimes perpetrated by Thais; he is also happy to see this slug being condemned by people, so may I ask what your issue is please

2 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

How is he being judge and jury, his comment seems like a reasonable and balanced view, and it is a valid point that Thai culture is often blamed for crimes perpetrated by Thais; he is also happy to see this slug being condemned by people, so may I ask what your issue is please

Nobody here knows what really happened and what drove this man to do what he did.

Was it his intention to kill or to beat up? It is not the same. I do however NOT in any way condone his acts, and the man will be judged in a court of law. Mr. Blok certainly is not a court of law after hearing evidence on this forum.

I hope you and mr Blok get my drift.