Where to buy a genuine Antivirus software package in BKK

punchandjudy

I need to buy a genuine antivirus software package.

I am aware of tech shopping centres such as Pantip and Fortune.

However my question is do I need to go there or are there reputable retailers elsewhere? Eg. I have seen a couple of "Banana IT" stores, are they trustworthy?

I do not want to buy online as I don't want to risk being sent something fake, and also I don't want to buy and pay for something online with just free Antivirus protection that I currently have.

Thanks.

Buy online from the vendor. e.g. https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads

Download and install the free trial of your choice and then purchase the licence code directly from the vendor or much more cheaply via ebay.

Personally I would buy the licence from a reputable seller via ebay at the lower price, as your concern is likely with genuine un-tampered with software. The licence code has no effect on that.  It will work and you can register the licence directly with Kaspersky once activated.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kaspersky-Internet-Security-2018-1-PC-User-1-Year-Antivirus-Download/253542838653

No need to pay a lot more for exactly the same thing in a shop.

3 hours ago, punchandjudy said:

I do not want to buy online as I don't want to risk being sent something fake, and also I don't want to buy and pay for something online with just free Antivirus protection that I currently have.

Everything is purchased online these days including full operating systems. The days of walking into a store and purchasing computer software on disks are long over. As another member stated, even if you found a hard copy of a security system, it would require immediate updating and then further database updates several times a day. Just choose your favourite program and download it. There are plenty of good review sites which rank all the popular security programs to help you make an informed choice. The paid for Avast program is high on the current lists. You should be more than happy with any program on the top-5 list.

• Like 2

I put money on they will ask you to leave your computer/ laptop or what ever with them. Then down load the free version. And charge you for it. Bought a laptop a few years ago before being Thai street wise. It had windows on. Windows would not update. Took it back because I found out the windows was a pirate version. Golden rule in Thailand. You never get what you pay for.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Swimman said:

Windows 10 (Microsoft Defender) coupled with a good anti-malware program will provide all the protection needed by the average person.

I agree. I've recently done a full PC reset of Windows 10 that was running Avast. I've run Avast for about 10 years, but it has started to bug me with the constant nag messages to buy this and buy that. Now I'm just running Windows Defender, which is nice and quiet and doesn't bug me... along with Malwarebytes. I must say Avast has never helped me prevent infections and it has become a resource hog. 

6 hours ago, Swimman said:

And is known to be stuffed with malwware

I've tried others that I didn't like. I have not had prob's with Baidu in 2 years.

Edited by owl sees all