Starbucks CEO says arrests of two black men 'reprehensible'

webfact

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree. The bias most black Americans experience, often daily, is a very real thing. There is no equivalent to that for the vast majority of white Americans.

Hey, I'm from Texas.  I see it all the time.  But this incident isn't it.  They were violating company policy, and had several opportunities to defuse the situation.  They chose the other path. 

If they want to be taken seriously, the black community has to hold out the 10,000 other cases that happened around the USA that day where there was genuine racism, with consequences that couldn't have been easily averted.

Edited by impulse

13 minutes ago, impulse said:

Hey, I'm from Texas.  I see it all the time.  But this incident isn't it.  They were violating company policy, and had several opportunities to defuse the situation.  They chose the other path.

Accept for the fact that they did not violate any "company policy". They "violated" one store's policy. You get the difference, right? 

From Time magazine:

A company spokesperson said Starbucks does not have a broad policy prohibiting people from using restrooms or sitting inside for free, allowing individual stores to set their own rules.

And of course you are aware of the company's response to this one store's policy is closing ALL of them for some training.

I do not think the company could be any clearer in its response. Other than some peeps completely making up other scenarios and attributing them to the "company" or CEO, Starbucks couldn't be any more crystal clear with their response.

8 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Accept for the fact that they did not violate any "company policy". They "violated" one store's policy. You get the difference, right? 

From Time magazine:

A company spokesperson said Starbucks does not have a broad policy prohibiting people from using restrooms or sitting inside for free, allowing individual stores to set their own rules.

And of course you are aware of the company's response to this one store's policy is closing ALL of them for some training.

I do not think the company could be any clearer in its response. Other than some peeps completely making up other scenarios and attributing them to the "company" or CEO, Starbucks couldn't be any more crystal clear with their response.

Company policy, one store's policy, what does it matter, unless the policy was different for whites and blacks? 

Of course I'm aware that they're closing for an afternoon for sensitivity training.   But that could easily be a decision to prevent a backlash from a large demographic whose leaders will pull out the victim card and keep banging Starbucks over the head with it until they get enough contrition.  And that may take months or years. 

There's an entire multi billion dollar industry built around playing that victim card.  It may just be cheaper to close down for an afternoon right away than to suffer protests of indignation and loss of revenue until they make some grand gesture that allows the professional victims to claim a victory.  I call them professional victims because that's what they do for a living.

It will be interesting to see how it looks once all the videos are in and the phone calls are made public...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

Company policy, one store's policy, what does it matter, unless the policy was different for whites and blacks? 

Of course I'm aware that they're closing for an afternoon for sensitivity training.   But that could easily be a decision to prevent a backlash from a large demographic whose leaders will pull out the victim card and keep banging Starbucks over the head with it until they get enough contrition.  And that may take months or years.

It could be lots of things.

It could be he actually is doing what he feels is right.

It could be that it is more prudent to wait until the dust settles BEFORE bringing up these "could be" situations.

BTW, the arrested men really were waiting for a meeting. Some people have called that a fiction. Nope. Also watch the video.

Yaffe, who runs a real estate development firm, was meeting the men to discuss business investment opportunities. In the viral video, he arrives at the Starbucks and tells police that they were waiting for him.

“Why would they be asked to leave?” Yaffe says on the video. “Does anybody else think this is ridiculous? It’s absolute discrimination.”

https://www.jta.org/2018/04/15/news-opinion/black-men-arrested-philadelphia-starbucks-waiting-local-jewish-businessman

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

BTW, the arrested men really were waiting for a meeting. Some people have called that a fiction. Nope. Also watch the video.

https://www.jta.org/2018/04/15/news-opinion/black-men-arrested-philadelphia-starbucks-waiting-local-jewish-businessman

BS, you dont look like they did and wear that sort of attire to a business meeting

And if you did, it is very telling about your attitude and why you would start and escalate the situation into getting arrested

Edited by Jdiddy

2 hours ago, Jdiddy said:

BS, you dont look like they did and wear that sort of attire to a business meeting

And if you did, it is very telling about your attitude and why you would start and escalate the situation into getting arrested

Of course. You're obviously right. It's like you're an ace detective or something. Clearly they're crisis actors from the deep state funded by Soros. I won't be fooled again!

‘They can’t be here for us’: Black men arrested at Starbucks tell their story for the first time

http://www.paywallnews.com/news/‘They-can’t-be-here-for-us’--Black-men-arrested-at-Starbucks-tell-their-story-for-the-first-time.B10MwzL2M.html