Proof of 65,000 baht PCM

Hi folks many of us on the age Pension require extra funds to make up the 65,000 Baht required PCM.

I wonder if any one knows if it is acceptable to have the Pension in a Thai bank and the rest of my super in an Australian Bank.

IE 43,000 Baht in Pension PCM and the balance say $1000.00  PCM Au in an Aussie bank.

The exchange rate is way down at the moment 

FYI   I use Rayong Immigration  Office, and would have a Stat Declaration as proof of income

The funds to combine with your income to reach a total of 800k baht has to be in a Thai bank.

If you have an income from your super you could combine that with the income from your pension when you do your stat declaration.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The funds to combine with your income to reach a total of 800k baht has to be in a Thai bank.

If you have an income from your super you could combine that with the income from your pension when you do your stat declaration.

Thanks Joe Just concerned that I/O may not accept monthly funds in two Countries 

But don't forget that you'll be making a statutory declaration entirely in AUD, even for the 43,000 THB pension element - which, I assume, equates to around 1,850 AUD on the basis of the current Bangkok Bank Notes Buying Rate (which, I can vouch for on the basis of personal experience, is the one which Maptaput use for calculating compliance with the minimum 65,000 THB monthly requirement).

1,850 AUD + 1,000 AUD = 2,850 AUD = a touch over 67,100 THB on the basis of the current Bangkok Bank Notes Buying Rate of 23.55 THB to the AUD.

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, OJAS said:

But don't forget that you'll be making a statutory declaration entirely in AUD, even for the 43,000 THB pension element - which, I assume, equates to around 1,850 AUD on the basis of the current Bangkok Bank Notes Buying Rate (which, I can vouch for on the basis of personal experience, is the one which Maptaput use for calculating compliance with the minimum 65,000 THB monthly requirement).

1,850 AUD + 1,000 AUD = 2,850 AUD = a touch over 67,100 THB on the basis of the current Bangkok Bank Buying Rate of 23.55 THB to the AUD.

Very Borderline at the Buying rate Lets hope the rate gets better long gone are 32-33 Baht to the dollar

3 minutes ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

Very Borderline at the Buying rate Lets hope the rate gets better long gone are 32-33 Baht to the dollar

Indeed, I was wondering whether it might be prudent (if this were possible) for you legitimately to make a statutory declaration of at least 3,000 AUD so as to forestall any further potential negative exchange rate fluctuations during the period leading up to your next applying for a retirement extension application at Maptaput.

As a Brit I definitely empathise with you about the adverse impact of declining exchange rates!:sad:

1 minute ago, ripstanley said:

I did my extension to day using Australian Dollars. The rate they used was 24.66 baht to the Aust Dollar. This was up north. They had it on a list with other currencies.

Yep I guess it really depends on the individual I/O The sad part is until March this year I Had funds in Bangkok Bank i Had to repatriated the money due to ill health

38 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Indeed, I was wondering whether it might be prudent (if this were possible) for you legitimately to make a statutory declaration of at least 3,000 AUD so as to forestall any further potential negative exchange rate fluctuations during the period leading up to your next applying for a retirement extension application at Maptaput.

As a Brit I definitely empathise with you about the adverse impact of declining exchange rates!:sad:

The Key word is legitimately  in my case I am very Borderline at the current rate of exchange In fact I am fairly close need a couple of hundred $ more Thanks for your input  I Just did the Maths based on how much I got in Baht this 4 week period Plus my $250.00 Super Per week  and I just reach the $3000.00 PCM  I guess at this stage I have to wait till  my Retirement extension is due and go from there  Thanks OJAS and other members for your contributions Should scrape through otherwise of to the Philippines 

Edited by Ban Phe Dezza

23 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Today!

That would be much in favor of you.

Bangkok Bank note buying today would be a miserable 23.55 (TT would be 23.88).

I got a shock as well. I looked on Transferwise this morning and they were offering 24.24.