Prawit sees possibility of ISIS trying to infiltrate Thailand

webfact

16 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

This is clearly a major national security issue and a threat to the stability of the nation.

Looks like the only option is to delay the election, indefinitely.

Why delay it and incur disapproval internationally? The rigged military constitution is already in place, and the participation of multiple appointed stooges and place men in parliament is already guaranteed.The deliberate destruction of parties with a genuine national following is under way.Some of the ventriloquized minor parties are calling for a non elected PM although with one particular man in mind.Discussions continue with regional gangsters to shore up local support.All political campaigning which presents a threat has been muzzled.So I say to the naysayers re elections.Bring them on

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai security tzar Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan

Tzar :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:  I thought he cast the role of Rasputin in this theater. On the other hand there is hope, I believe all tzarevitch's await the same fate.  

53 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Tzar :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:  I thought he cast the role of Rasputin in this theater. On the other hand there is hope, I believe all tzarevitch's await the same fate.  

Rather say; I thought he cast the Rolex  of Rasputin .......

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The nature and ideologies of IS and militants in the South are different

Often overlooked but absolutely correct.

I could imagine the southern insurgents even identifying ISIS promoters to the Thai authorities to protect the purity of their own insurgency.

The government are doing their best, Thailand is a tolerant country.

In fact the Government of this country allows a website to be on Thai servers that does nothing but promote disdain to all things Thai, it can't be that oppressive.

I know I wouldn't be so tolerant.

16 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

The government doing its best, and with Prawit being the best it can do makes Thailand an extremely tolerant country.

They allow a website to exist that does nothing but slag off everything about Thailand and Thai people.

I would have banned it long ago.

So yes, they are very tolerant.

Edited by Broken Record
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, hansnl said:

Denial is the biggest mistake you can make vs islam.......

Blame Prayut.

"Prayut’s problem is one of oversimplifying. He is unable to communicate with the public on complex issues" : 

•   the South is Thailand’s poorest region, the lack of development is not the cause of the violence.

"Rather it is the state policy of assimilation eating into local cultural and religious identity. Thai-Chinese Buddhists continue to dominate business and politics in the South’s three main municipalities."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/opinion/30332750

7 hours ago, kannot said:
fellah
ˈfɛlə/
noun

1. an Egyptian peasant.

and the urban slang knows it as a guy, friends, people. I used this word with intention. I hoped most of the reader of this page will understand why I used this noun. ... Not everybody ;) 

On 18/04/2018 at 9:00 PM, ostyan said:

Hiding ISIS members should not be difficult in countries where 60-95 percent of the population follows the same religion. Most of Thai Muslims are not fighters at all but respect people following the same religion. It is understandable.

Otherwise, if someone asks Thais, does not matter which population from, they will not tell him what is ISIS.

Your right most muslims are not fighters 75% of them are good. Do the sums that leaves 25% think about it 25% :shock1:

There were already ISIL bombings in SEA way back in 2003/2004. Almost 1,000 fighters from SEA have fought for ISIL in the Middle East. Many have returned and set up cells in Philippine, Malaysia and Indonesia. Thailand had few bombings with no conclusive identification. Our borders are porous and just across a Malaysia state governed by a fundamental Islamic party. The police corrupted and the military pay more attention to internal politics and intelligence heavy on red shirts and PTP activities. Eyes off the ball on ISIL creating a ideal place for infiltration and cells. 

Considering on one side there is a bunch (hundred, thousands) of Islam extremists in the South(*), protected by 'most' of the muslim community, ...and 'sponsored' from (and trained?) abroad.

Considering on another side that it seems as easy to adhere to ISIS as it is for a Thai housewife to become a debitcard from the bank.

I conclude that Mr Prawit's 'possibility' is a veiled though evident forecast of the same kind as: there will be some rain in Thailand this month.

(*) N.B.: while Thailand rejects double nationality ('enforcing' that rule in the same way as all other laws: not), why has it retracted from pursuing individuals in the South holding both Malaysian and Thai identification, 'jumping' over the border as it pleases them...?

Edited by bangrak

10 hours ago, bangrak said:

Islam extremists in the South(*), protected by 'most' of the muslim community

They're insurgents, sometimes referred to as separatists, even according to the Thai Royal Military and specifically by Defense Minister General Prawit.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-separatists/thai-government-to-resume-peace-talks-with-muslim-insurgents-idUSKCN1174D8

These two terms are substantially distinguished from "extremists" as in a discussion of ISIS whose behavior (beheadings, suicide bombings, rape, destruction of Muslim artifacts, etc.) labels ISIS fighters as extremists.

But if you believe that citizens of a nation are extremists because they attempt to defend the sovereignty of their nation (ie., Muslim Kingdom of Pattani), then citizens of every nation can be labeled extremists.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Broken Record said:

They allow a website to exist that does nothing but slag off everything about Thailand and Thai people.

I would have banned it long ago.

So yes, they are very tolerant.

Why not just not frequent whichever website you are talking about? Or contribute to it via debate? Wanting to ban stuff just because you personally don't like it is weak and petty.

9 hours ago, Srikcir said:

They're insurgents, sometimes referred to as separatists, even according to the Thai Royal Military and specifically by Defense Minister General Prawit.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-separatists/thai-government-to-resume-peace-talks-with-muslim-insurgents-idUSKCN1174D8

These two terms are substantially distinguished from "extremists" as in a discussion of ISIS whose behavior (beheadings, suicide bombings, rape, destruction of Muslim artifacts, etc.) labels ISIS fighters as extremists.

But if you believe that citizens of a nation are extremists because they attempt to defend the sovereignty of their nation (ie., Muslim Kingdom of Pattani), then citizens of every nation can be labeled extremists.

Right you are 'Srikcir', in some way: I should not have called that murderous scum 'extremistst', but rather better as 'insurgents', for the milder kind, and 'terrorists' for the, alas, growing young generation. As for your 'muslim kingdom of Pattani, it misses any credibility. That the two neighbouring sultanates salivate very much want to pocket all of the South of Thailand where a large(r) number of muslim malayu (genetically Indons) makes no doubt though.

Wow, Prawits lips were moving and some truth fell out. With him at the front of the charge to keep Dash out of Thailand we should all be concerned. All IS needs to do is come up with a good number of Baht and Prawit would turn his eyes away and maybe even throw in a submarine so they can move about more freely.

On 4/20/2018 at 6:38 PM, bangrak said:

That the two neighbouring sultanates salivate very much want to pocket all of the South of Thailand

Those neighbors are now part of the Federation of Malaysia.

The Kingdom of Thailand certainly doesn't want to give up sovereignty of the South or even grant semi-autonomy as that would substantially reduce the flow of wealth from taxes, the rubber plantations, offshore oil & gas reserves and fishing stocks. Furthermore, the southern Buddhist politicians have consistently deliver majority votes for pro-military political parties whose loss could upset their political counter-balance from northern Thailand.