RIP Cloudhopper

Pond Life

17 hours ago, EL159 said:

Is this the gentleman who flies/ flew a microlyte, often over my area near Hangdong,  then made top quality videos of the Chiang Mai area generally? Or someone completely different?

I believe he lived in or near Pai.  I very much enjoyed his insights from that area and occasional tales of flight. Looks much too young to have passed but I gather he squeezed a lot of living into his years. RIP Bob.

I regret not having taken the initiative to meet cloudhopper in person, the connection being ham radio, specifically CW (International Morse code).

I read where he was 63.  Prophetically, he wrote the following in one of his recent posts:

On 1/30/2018 at 1:40 PM, cloudhopper said:

The longest life possible isn't all that long anyway...

RIP cloudhopper

I would liked to have met Bob. Not only because  we shared a passion for aviation but also for his great insights into the world of finance.

In 2008 during the financial crisis, I remember him for his unwavering  criticism about the fraudulent activities of central bankers who were only concerned about making things look normal again and his prediction that the house of cards would eventually collapse.

He wrote this in 2009 in the very long-running thread entitled “ financial crisis “

I know we're all dead in the long run but I'm gonna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Good on you Bob and it seems like you had your kicks and I would also say your timing was impeccable:thumbsup:

• Like 2