2 Thousand Homes Damaged in Chiang Mai Storms

snoop1130

2 Thousand Homes Damaged in Chiang Mai Storms

by CityNews

339799.jpg

CityNews – Over two thousands households in Mae Rim and Hang Dong were damaged from a storm on April 18 that also claimed two lives.

On April 18, Governor Pawin Chamniprasert along with Molsuda Chamniprasart, president of Chiang Mai Red Cross Chapter, Pairin Limcharoen, head of the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Office, and other authorities visited Mae Rim and Hang Dong to provide aid to those affected by yesterday’s storm.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/2-thousand-homes-damaged-chiang-mai-storms/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2018-4-19

There would of been a lot less damage if some of the house owners bought a few more bags of screws and nails instead of fancy hondas and pick up.my neighbors house is a huge shanti house that ain't seen a coat of paint or fixing in 20 years but there's a Honda and Mazda bt 50 sat parked there and obviously on super rate finance.priorities aint in the Thai dictionary.oh and before I get flack for knocking Thais,I do understand that there is a lot of poor that can't afford to maintain their houses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A great many houses here do not conform to 'strong wind standards' for roofing.

These standards include having corrugated iron roofs screwed (not nailed) at every ridge, on the leading edge, and not the usual slack every 3rd ridge.   

This reduces the risk of the iron being lifted and then taking all the other sheets with it.

I wonder if they have "Thai Safety Standards for roofing iron".    These standards vary according to the risk of storms, coastal environments, etc.

But for the price of a few packets of screws, what the hell!

7 minutes ago, masuk said:

A great many houses here do not conform to 'strong wind standards' for roofing.

These standards include having corrugated iron roofs screwed (not nailed) at every ridge, on the leading edge, and not the usual slack every 3rd ridge.   

This reduces the risk of the iron being lifted and then taking all the other sheets with it.

I wonder if they have "Thai Safety Standards for roofing iron".    These standards vary according to the risk of storms, coastal environments, etc.

But for the price of a few packets of screws, what the hell!

Yes, I cannot understand it either , I much prefer to screw every single one, rather than just nail the every third one

No Cyclone Building rating or Any Rating or Building Standard / Inspection in Thailand .What would one expect when one sees all the shanties and Dumps that one uses for houses,,,,But all have I Phones ,Monster big TV's,  Motorbikes and Cars,,, 

They have their Priorities wrong For sure.

My house got hit 3 times lost a few roof tiles, tree's uprooted Garden demolished but not too bad never had this before but for sure will now get a roofer in to secure down the tiles correctly since i think it needs it 

Amazing strengths these localized storms have 

• Like 1