Video: Motorist's lucky escape as "UFO" lands in front of his car!

snoop1130

Video: Motorist's lucky escape as "UFO" lands in front of his car!

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GRiV1jzKm4gVDW7fHL.jpg

A motorist driving on the Pathum Thani to Rangsit Road on Wednesday had a lucky escape when what appeared to a fellow driver as a "UFO" landed in front of his car.

The huge round piece of metal seemingly came out of nowhere and was caught on the following car's dash cam.

The footage was uploaded by "Leum Jeeworn" and found its way onto the Thaivisa page on Facebook before Thai Rath took up the challenge of finding out where the mysterious flying object had come from.

They needed to look no further than the V and P Global company on the road leading towards Rangsit. The company mixes cement.

Manager Chamnan Meewai said that one of two mixing silos had exploded while being moved sending the cover crashing onto the surface of the road. 

"Leum Jeeworn" was the one that suggested jokingly that it was a UFO. He stopped briefly to inquire after the driver of the white car that stopped ahead of him but despite being shocked all was well. 

Source: https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1259722

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-4-19
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

One dark ,very windy and rainy night i was driving along

the Super Highway, CNX and at first i thought it was a plane

going to land on the top of my car, turned out to be a huge

sign  that had blown off the top of a hotel.,near miss.

regards worgeordie

Those things are a danger when the wind gets up. I recall watching signs blowing about in-front of the Central Festival Beach Rd side thinking they could slice bits off you!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Ok I've looked a few times. Around 0:07 seconds you can clearly see the ...whatever it is. What it's not is the pic on the right attached to the story. :post-4641-1156693976:

Correct, the image on the right is where it came from (the failed silo).

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

One dark ,very windy and rainy night i was driving along

the Super Highway, CNX and at first i thought it was a plane

going to land on the top of my car, turned out to be a huge

sign  that had blown off the top of a hotel.,near miss.

regards worgeordie

Surely not another UFO with a plausible Earthly origin?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Exploded ?

The idiots don't know that hot air expands in a closed silo ?

The company should be charged with negligence and endangering others !

Do you know who they are? 

(That sounds more intimidating in the first person, but...)

4 hours ago, Borzandy said:

And the driver stops in car in the middle of the road, he luckily escape the following cars.

He should be dead to be such a <deleted>.

How can Thai be so stupid to always stop in the middle of the road even when it's not needed.

Things went well...no one killed or injured, someone admitted what (failed) happened, no special investigation committee for UFO's, no mass public fear (war of the worlds), amulet sales jump.....all is good in LOS

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

There should be a lawsuit, no kidding.  The driver should get compensated (suggest Bt.100k) for nearly getting killed.   Normally, I'm not a fan of lawsuits, but the V&P Global (concrete co.) were criminally negligent.  

It reminds me of a 5 second video I saw on YT.   Two men were cutting down a tree alongside a busy street.  A woman was walking by.   The tree fell just inches behind her.  It was a heavy piece of tree - as heavy as a large p.u. truck.  If she had been walking a tiny bit slower, that tree would have crushed her body.   Nothing ensued.  The woman kept walking, and the workers kept doing their thing.

No such thing as OHS here. 

Occupational health and safety is no different than the government waffle we hear every day. 

A multi Tonne cement silo is being moved and explodes. 

The roof is probably a tonne or more. 

Becomes airborne and lands on a nearby motorway. UFO. lol. 

Misses all the cars, luckily no additional carnage for the road toll. 

How would they record it? 

Act of God. UFO. Buddhas will. 

But... 

Hey, this is Thailand. 

Mai Bpen Rai... 

Go buy a lottery ticket. 

Accountability does not mean anything here... 

It amazes me to see the Safety signs on the new buildings around Pattaya. 

Days lost through injury. 

Accidents. 

Safety gear to be worn. 

And they work in a pair of Jesus boots. (flip flops or sandals). 

Life is cheap in Thailand. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

There should be a lawsuit, no kidding.  The driver should get compensated (suggest Bt.100k) for nearly getting killed.   Normally, I'm not a fan of lawsuits, but the V&P Global (concrete co.) were criminally negligent.  

It reminds me of a 5 second video I saw on YT.   Two men were cutting down a tree alongside a busy street.  A woman was walking by.   The tree fell just inches behind her.  It was a heavy piece of tree - as heavy as a large p.u. truck.  If she had been walking a tiny bit slower, that tree would have crushed her body.   Nothing ensued.  The woman kept walking, and the workers kept doing their thing.

You are lucky to be compensated for actual events that happen here, unless you are willing to share it with others. 

No hope for a compensation for something that almost happened. 

5a0bdb6157953_ScreenShot11-11-15at08_28AM.JPG.428d9a5ddaac46c2a52943f6007642b4.JPG

I noticed that as the flying lid UFO came down to crash on the street that on its way down it clipped the power lines which had to have caused a nice power surge in the area.   Did anyone lose power? 

4 hours ago, impulse said:

They needed to look no further than the V and P Global company on the road leading towards Rangsit. The company mixes cement.

Manager Chamnan Meewai said that one of two mixing silos had exploded while being moved sending the cover crashing onto the surface of the road. 

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Those things are a danger when the wind gets up. I recall watching signs blowing about in-front of the Central Festival Beach Rd side thinking they could slice bits off you!

Great advertising, never thought of that

5 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:
4 hours ago, impulse said:

In the first person, it would sound more like "Do you know who I am????"   

Because if you do know, you'd realize the futility of trying to bring justice down upon them.

10 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Exploded ?

The idiots don't know that hot air expands in a closed silo ?

The company should be charged with negligence and endangering others !

Thee workmen were all duly qualified Thai tradesmen each with an a Chinese knock-off of a crescent wrench and a screwdriver (with a little bulb even) that tests current; oh and a hammer!    What were you expecting?

12 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Lawsuit ?  What are the damages?  

Pulled up outside power one yesterday.staff came out and asked me to move my car from under the huge sign.obviously they've seen the vid and think there's a ghost running around thailand throwing large objects at cars.oh and there wasn't 1mph winds.