Someone's Building A Twitter Bot Army In Thailand

snoop1130

Someone's Building A Twitter Bot Army In Thailand

By Todd Ruiz, Editor

bots-696x385.jpg

I, Robot.' Original image: 20th Century Fox

BANGKOK — In ones and twos they trickle in by the minute, new followers in what’s become the familiar rhythm of social media. They have authentic Thai-sounding names such as @Fah12113 or @Thanaphorn_1230. Those few that have profile photos look like any face plucked from the Thai social mediaverse.

Where it gets weird is that all are new accounts with no followers and, in almost all cases, no tweets. Yet each follows a few dozen accounts representing a who’s who list of online influencers including journalists, media companies, scholars and celebs. Some user names are written in Thai script, but all of those have machine-generated strings such as @hjZuotIwLtiSojc and @hIrQMl1B71tIYKF as account names.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/04/20/someones-building-a-twitter-bot-army-in-thailand/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-4-20
  • Haha 1

I don't use Twitter or Facebook. Mr. Google already knows everything there is to

know about me, and then some. I am sure more than I know about myself. 

Thai visa is all the additional exposure I need to the world. :blink:

Can't be the junta they are not IT savvy enough.

Can't be Yingluck  as it won't run on the cheap tablets she provided to the public.

The democrats are ruled by dinosaurs so they don't have the know how.

So its a big mystery 

As long as they don't invade Thai visa its ok

:smile:

18 hours ago, Thailand said:

“If Churchill was around today, imagine how good his tweets would have been.”

Philomena Cunk

In Thailand ?  Try getting a good cigar at a reasonable price in the country.  He would have found Cambodia far more appealing in his devotion to fat stogies and good whiskey.  Also he would have wanted to buy alcohol whenever he felt like it. 

Well if immigration would allow more digital nomads into the country, there would be good things to report on as opposed to dubious things happening.  They are only letting one in from China.  Thailand is still a bastioned for the well heeled with criminal intent.   Buy an elite card and you are now a high quality visitor regardless of your intentions.  Rich guys in.  Less than rich out.