Democrats sue Russia, Trump campaign for alleged 2016 election conspiracy

rooster59

It certainly gives the impression of sour losers.

However I do think they have a point, with contacts between the campaign and Russian contacts proven.

I do see the possibility it may backfire though. I think they should have waited till Trump fired Muller.

Just now, geriatrickid said:

Mr. Trump is not being sued. His campaign is. This is very different. People in the Trump campaign are alleged to have engaged in inappropriate acts. 

My apology, the news item I saw this morning indicated that Trump and his campaign managers, along with russia were being sued.

On reading the OP, it doesn't say that Trump, personally,m is being sued.  Let's see what the real case is in a day or two when the hysteria settles.

8 minutes ago, attrayant said:

You stated that evidence might be uncovered by such a lawsuit, did you not?

You're playing armchair lawyer.  You don't know that they lack evidence.  It's pretty silly - considering all the slime and sleaze that has turned up so far - that none will be uncovered by depositions in the lawsuit.  

Again, there is historical precedent for exactly this kind of lawsuit.

Just as you don't know that there is any evidence.   You're basing your assumption that there will be on some 'slime and sleaze' that has turned up so far, and on nothing concrete.

I have no idea whether there will or won't be, and frankly, I don't care one way or another, but the democrats are hoping there will be.   If not, it will get very expensive for them.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Some Republican congress people and other dirty tricksters could be caught up in this dragnet - Nunes in particular.   It's actually similar to the Mueller investigation.   I think Dems filed it as a sort of fall-back strategy - in case Trump fires Mueller and/or Rosenstein.  There are other fall-back options.  

Unfortunately, not much will be done until January next year - that's when Dems will take a majority in the House of Reps and possibly also the Senate.  Until then, it will be biz-as-usual foot-dragging, lying, obfuscating by the Republicans - which harms the US.

As for 'no evidence.'  That's ludicrous.  That's like looking at a burned-down house and saying, "there's no evidence of fire."  

No it's like receiving a phone call to tell you your house is on fire and arriving there, breathless with worry, to find the house is perfectly ok and there's a little boy in the phone box giggling after he made the call. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

How you could deduce that from my post beats me.

On the contrary, launching into a lawsuit, without any evidence, is dangerous at best.   There is always a possibility, however small, that there will be something turned up, but it's not looking likely at this stage, and it may well backfire on the democrats, exposing some shady dealing on their part.   Their choice to go on a fishing expedition, but it may well be an expensive one for them.

The US Security Services have concluded Russia meddled in the US election, Congress passed a bi-partisan act placing sanctions on Russia for meddling in the election, there's plenty of evidence.

• Thanks 1

Just another dumm move by the Democrats which in the end only helps the Republicans to win the midterm elections. Democrats acting like a stubborn greedy teenager. Good luck with that.

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The US Security Services have concluded Russia meddled in the US election, Congress passed a bi-partisan act placing sanctions on Russia for meddling in the election, there's plenty of evidence.

They had concluded that prior to the election taking place, and yet Obama said this at the time:

“There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections, there’s no evidence that that has happened in the past or that it will happen this time, and so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whining and make his case to get votes.” .....

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/the-unexpected-obama-trump-convergence-on-russia/553769/

• Sad 2