Detailed requirements extension NON-O based on reteriment

In view of the ever changing requirements, could someone post a detailed list of requirements for extension of a NON-O visa (obtained in BKK after conversion of a tourist visa) based on retirement using the 800,000+ Baht route at CW.

I am confused about the bank letters required: as a letter confirming the funds came from abroad has already been submitted before conversion of the tourist visa, do you require this again? To confirm that funds have been seasoned for at least 60 days, can you use a copy of your bank book or do you need a bank letter and/or a list of transactions printed out by the bank?

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

You will not need to prove the funds came from abroad for the extension application.

You will need a letter from your bank confirming your account and the balance in it on the date letter is written.

You will need copies of your bank book to prove the 800k baht has been in the bank for 60 days.

CW wants the letter and bank book update done on the same day you apply for your extension. There are bank branches of most major banks on the ground floor of the building where immigration is at. 

• Like 1

There are no ever changing requirements. 

Just slightly different circumstances of the applicants as to what's required.

I've used and passed on the below list for the last 6 years without issue.

1. Completed Form TM7.(Must be printed on both sides of 1 sheet).

2. Passport + Copies of;

- Homepage

- Last Visa.

- Last Extension permit

- Last entry stamp

3. Proof of Address. (one of 3 below options)

Condo owners;

- Blue Tabien Baan. (foreigners name will not appear in the book) + Copy.

- Title Deeds (Chanute) + Copy

- Yellow Tabien Baan (if you possess one) + Copy.

Rented;

- Copy of House owners Tabien Baan and ID card.

- Rental agreement + Copy

- Yellow Tabien Baan (if you possess one) + Copy

Private None Rented;

- Yellow Tabien + Copy(if you possess one).

4. Map pinpointing and detailing address location.

5. TM6 Departure card + Copy.

6. Passport photo 4 x 6 cm.

7.Proof of Funds;

If using the funds in the bank method an updated passbook and letter from the bank dated the same

day as the application. Funds in the passbook and letter must match.

If using the income method, a letter from your Embassy confirming income, OR,

you can use a combination of the two methods providing it adds up to 800,000 baht per annum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

2. Passport + Copies of;

- Homepage

- Last Visa.

- Last Extension permit

- Last entry stamp

Condo owners;

Rented;

Private None Rented;

7.Proof of Funds;

If using the funds in the bank method an updated passbook and letter from the bank dated the same

you can use a combination of the two methods providing it adds up to 800,000 baht per annum.

Number 3 and 4 above are not needed at CW immigration  for retirement extensions, Done eight there and have never been asked to provide those items.

1 hour ago, pmarlin said:

Number 3 and 4 above are not needed at CW immigration  for retirement extensions, Done eight there and have never been asked to provide those items.

It's a comprehensive list for any newbie to follow as a guide until you familiarise yourself with documents required by your own personal Immigration office. In my opinion, it is always better to take a document that may not be requested, rather than being turned away because you didn't take a particular document.

I cannot believe CW do not want some form of proof of address when applying for an extension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pmarlin said:

Same for me.  Have done five annual extensions based on retirement at CW and they have never asked for proof of residence whatsoever.

Edited by heretostay

5 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

2. Passport + Copies of;

- Homepage

- Last Visa.

- Last Extension permit

- Last entry stamp

Condo owners;

Rented;

Private None Rented;

7.Proof of Funds;

Here on Koh Samui you also have to have a medical certificate from your local hospital it’s good for 7 days last year I went to the Nathon government hospital it cost me 750 baht  I see it as another way of extracting money from those of us wanting extension of stay !

25 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I see it as another way of extracting money from those of us wanting extension of stay !

Must be tough for those who come from nanny states, have an innate sense of entitlement and expect everything to be handed out free of charge and/or who find everything to be a conspiracy targeting them.

My embassy "extracts" an exorbitant amount for spending 30 seconds while stamping a piece of paper verifying my income. I wonder if they're in secret collusion with Thai immigrations.

• Like 2

Unless you keep your bank-book updated regularly in the last 3 months (i.e. if they simply update it with summary totals for ins & outs over this period), you may need the bank to provide a detailed statement of the last 3 months transactions clearly indicating that the balance has not dropped below 800k.

At Jomtien as proof of address they need a copy of my wifes ID card and a copy of the house blue book in her name. Just for information. I did my extension today and was given a form to fill in that required me to acknowledge the rules around Overstay. This is my 5th renewal and have never been asked to complete this form before. I dont know if this is common to all offices or just Jomtien.

Many extensions at Chaeng Wattana for Retirement- asked for proof of address on first extension- never asked afterward as obvious address from 90 day reporting.

At CW they do not need the  map to your  address nor any type of pictures or medical cert. CW goes by the written official requirements. Embassy Letter as proof of income or bank letter/bank  book update with seasoning requirements as stated. You do have to sign the overstay info and another form confirming your personal data is correct.   Extension issued same day as application.

If you go to CW  prior to their opening- you  sit in the outer waiting area- at 7AM- they pass out Queue slips to enter. At 0800 they arrange the queue in order for entry. One then enters at 0830 and a second queque is established to get the proper queque ticket for extension of stay; 90 day report; re entry permit etc. One then proceeds to the correct area for the purpose they have come to Immigration and one is called and sorted per the queue number for that area.  All very organized and efficient.

I always carry proof of address and detailed proof of income in the rare case it is requested . If never requested- it is not provided.

16 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Must be tough for those who come from nanny states, have an innate sense of entitlement and expect everything to be handed out free of charge and/or who find everything to be a conspiracy targeting them.

My embassy "extracts" an exorbitant amount for spending 30 seconds while stamping a piece of paper verifying my income. I wonder if they're in secret collusion with Thai immigrations.

Sounds like the Aus Embassy but it’s a small price to pay for living here and only once a year.

Once again there is nothing set in stone as if they did there would be no chance of tea money or just p*ss off the farang.

Chumphon is still playing the if you want your passport today you pay extra 3000 bath or wait a month. This office has been mention on here many times as being one of the worst in the country ever since the new guy took over two years ago.

They also want a bank statement as well as the letter and copies of bank book plus a few other things no mentioned so far. 

They have been reported for this but nothing has been done.