trade in car on finance

ozz1

Yes... If you are buying a new car. Dealer will often help you with negotiations with your existing finance company or you speak to your existing finance company yourself. Providing they agree that you are good for the increased monthly payments you can go ahead. Effectively you pay off your existing debt and immediately replace it with the new loan.

I had a Ford Ranger that still had two years left on the finance. I went to a Ford dealer to enquire about trading it in for a new Everest, and they immediately asked to see the Ranger, offered me what I thought was a very reasonable trade-in, and arranged the new finance for the Everest. The old finance was in my name, as is the new. The bank came to see me with the documents to sign, and within two weeks I had the new car.

On 23/04/2018 at 2:43 AM, ozz1 said:

I want to upgrade our car on finance in my thai wifes name is this ok or do we have to pay it out first  thanks

If you're working with the same dealer or a different dealer that uses the same finance company, it's easy. As others have commented, the dealer assesses the value of your current ride, applies that to the residual on the current car note, balance remaining against the down payment on the new ride. If timed correctly (good price offered on the old ride), you may get some cash back as well. Worst case (low trade-in offer) you may need to fork out a bit of cash to make the down payment on the new one. Ideally, the 30-day payment schedule shouldn't miss a beat but that depends on how good the sales person or sales manager is at doing their job, chasing the finance company and doing the reams of paperwork.