Man goes into 7-Eleven to make statement about plastic bag waste

5 hours ago, Acemaker said:

Calm down Dear ! and then Go Home with him, you have to be a complete Knob to protest in this Fashion, just look at his Face you can see the vacant expression, i bet that he is also a Cyclist and a Vegan just like you, coming to this country and protesting in this Fashion is totally unacceptable and embarrassing and disrespectful to the Thais, i bet 90% of the Thais have no idea whatsoever what it is that he is actually protesting about and will consider him to be just another waste of Space Falang of which there are far to many as we all know.    :saai:

I also bet he rides a big girls bike, that makes him a, bi-cyclist.

18 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Sure enough 30mins later it was much the same. 

They just dont have the education or the ability to recognise the problem.

What can you expect when many Thai homes looks the same inside?  When you're used to sleep on the floor on a simple mattress , eat on a mat on the floor etc.

Many simple homes in Thailand and they only care about their family and how to get food on the table from day to day .

Plastic outside or inside is not even on their mind, unless they can earn money on it, like picking up plastic bottles, there's some money in it....

On 4/23/2018 at 11:39 AM, cmsally said:

I seem to be the only customer in 7-11that doesn't take a bag. I don't buy much in 7-11  but always turn down the bag, and the straws AND the plastic spoons !!

The tourists are all as bad as the locals they don't think twice about accepting a bag.

no, i have never seen a white foreigner so totally ignorant to pollution & litter as a thai, i cant recall i ever saw a trash can flowing over in junk in my home country,

and i cant recall i ever saw a trash can in thailand that isnt usually flooded,

i cant recall seeing litter in my home country, i dont think i have spent any day

in thailand outdoors without seeing litter

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:55 AM, seancbk said:

All of my Thai friends disagree with the use of plastic bags and the handing out of straws and spoons etc.   You'd be surprised how many Thais want plastic bags etc banned.

whoa, steady on there, lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater

they can make bio friendly plastic from sugar cane and it's not the sugary bit so effectively all those sugar cane farmers in Thailand could be getting double whammy

Lego are changing to sugar cane plastic

It just takes a little outside of the box thinking, then also charge for the bags so that people are less inclined to throw them away.....

Archived