Road Rage: Teacher, 50, dragged from her car and beaten by man in pick-up

webfact

This man should go to prison for a very long time.  He should also be given treatment for anger management and taught to respect women, real men do not hit women.  He should also be given a 12 months driving ban to start when he leaves prison.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

It’s always the pick up drivers.  I’m not saying every pick up driver in thailand is an a##hole.... but I’m pretty sure nearly every a##hole I have ever encountered driving like a maniac does drive one! 

I personally find it is the Toyota drivers, Fortuner, Altis, Vios, Vigo, transporter. I'd also add the dmax to the list. Honda drivers tend to be slow, holding everyone up. How's that for a generalisation ;)

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

I agree

41 minutes ago, Thaimike370 said:

This man should go to prison for a very long time.  He should also be given treatment for anger management and taught to respect women, real men do not hit women.  He should also be given a 12 months driving ban to start when he leaves prison.

I agree respect women and do not beat them the problem is not every women now days acts like a lady and some do deserve a slap in the face now and then. But definately not an Ass whooping like in this case. Also i dont beleive in Anger management classes i Would Just have him get a good beat down to learn his lesson.

7 hours ago, z42 said:

If I were her i would press for more information, and definitely press for more charges.

Simply put, this kind of behaviour has to be stepped on and prosecuted with enormous jail terms. The pathetic punishments given do nothing to detract many from the view that violence is the only answer to any problem

Yes but why are Police saying "they can press for more charges"?  either he has broken the law and charges will be brought or not.  So if she's not happy they increase the charges?  this place is a farce.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yann55 said:

The comments about 'thin skinned' Thai males which inevitably pop up when stories like this are made public are so predictable, so lame, and so utterly boring. The fact is, they say a lot more about the expat attitude here than about Thai males themselves.

Obviously this absurd generalization frenzy, based on nationality, is all about making the poster feel better about himself, his country, culture, moral rectitude and superior intelligence.

The only generalization I would deem relevant is about human males, regardless of where they hail from.

Human males in general tend to have a rooster attitude, and if you look at the ones who reach the higher functions in Western countries, the ones who are supposed to set an example, 90% have a massive ego problem. Hell, the most powerful country in the world right now is led by the most immature, thin-skinned, macho, arrogant president ever.

What I see is a poor excuse for a man, who happens to be Thai, beating a woman up over a minor accident. Human males do have more of a rooster attitude, but 'men' don't hit women. I don't see there being an ego issue here, just other members who think that hitting a woman is abhorrent behaviour that shouldn't take place anywhere.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Yann55 said:

The comments about 'thin skinned' Thai males which inevitably pop up when stories like this are made public are so predictable, so lame, and so utterly boring. The fact is, they say a lot more about the expat attitude here than about Thai males themselves.

Obviously this absurd generalization frenzy, based on nationality, is all about making the poster feel better about himself, his country, culture, moral rectitude and superior intelligence.

The only generalization I would deem relevant is about human males, regardless of where they hail from.

Human males in general tend to have a rooster attitude, and if you look at the ones who reach the higher functions in Western countries, the ones who are supposed to set an example, 90% have a massive ego problem. Hell, the most powerful country in the world right now is led by the most immature, thin-skinned, macho, arrogant president ever.

Everybody generalizes If you dont there is not much talk about think about it.

also, We are not all the same our general behavior has to do with many different things and amongst them is your origins culture of the country you were raised in etc. It it has nothing to do with feeling better about ones self his country and or anything else.

different cultures have different traits even if you compare amongst the same rak n society or social statuts.

as for trump though far from perfect i wish more european leaders had his attitude could maybe save us.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thaimike370 said:

Do you really think a driving ban would stop him driving? Really?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The victim was told that if she was not happy with what police had done in the matter she could press for more charges.

Why is it always up to the victim. Lazy and pathetic  @$&% ers

8 hours ago, YetAnother said:

more thin-skinned thai male; hopefully none of us will become inured to stories like this one, we do , after all, share the roads and streets with these kinds of people

They are animal.like but the dog is much nicer.

6 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

On a global road rage ranking I place Thailand at 3/10 . it should happen more often considering the crazy traffic but it just doesn't. More to do with Thais wanting to avoid confrontation for the most part

The few confrontations I've had when you stand up to them they back down then at a safe distance threaten to shoot you the next time! ?

2 hours ago, Yann55 said:

That was a wee bit precious

Almost "all men are rapists" material.  No argument about the el presidente bit, though. As someone else commented, real men learn to control their strength and temper.  I would add - "particularly in dealing with women or those weaker than themselves."

3 hours ago, Manny said:

"Pick Up" ? That's no way to pick up 50 year old teachers. There are much easier ways like asking for their LINE ID. Phone Numbers are old school news & cost money to call. Need to Try a better "Pick Up" Technique like asking for her Contacts (Not the ones in her eyes dummy OK) Some guys are just too aggressive.

Low wit?  No! Beyond that.  Not funny at all.  She is probably someone's wife. Luckily not yours or mine. 

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

I know few farang or Thais in Thailand who would beat a woman.  Back in the west, sadly, there are pleanty that would.

Are you serious?

It seems that it is acceptable here in Thailand for Thai men to give their partner a slap if they are "misbehaving"

If you watch the Thai soaps there are many scenes showing a Thai couple argue and if the female pushes it to far, the guy lifts his hand. They don't show the guy hitting out but the implication is there.

• Like 2