You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Road Rage: Teacher, 50, dragged from her car and beaten by man in pick-up

webfact

Road Rage: Teacher, 50, dragged from her car and beaten by man in pick-up

4pm.jpg

Pictures: Sanook

A 50 year old teacher was dragged from her car by a man in a pick-up after a minor scrape in Chonburi.

The man was caught on CCTV pulling Phiangreuthai, a teacher at Saen Suk School, from her car.

She was assaulted with kicks and fists and wound up in hospital with multiple bruises and facial injuries.

Only the intervention of bystanders saved a worse outcome. It all happened on April 16th.

Yesterday the victim went to Chonburi police armed with a doctor's report of her injuries and the CCTV footage to see what progress had been made in the case.

4pm1.jpg

There was good news. The cops told her that a man had been arrested and had been arraigned on a charge of assault.

The victim was told that if she was not happy with what police had done in the matter she could press for more charges.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-24

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were her i would press for more information, and definitely press for more charges.

Simply put, this kind of behaviour has to be stepped on and prosecuted with enormous jail terms. The pathetic punishments given do nothing to detract many from the view that violence is the only answer to any problem

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

A 50 year old teacher was dragged from her car by a man in a pick-up after a minor scrape in Chonburi.

more thin-skinned thai male; hopefully none of us will become inured to stories like this one, we do , after all, share the roads and streets with these kinds of people

the victim had been beaten and ended up in hospital,the perpetrator had been arrested,but arraigned on the charge of assault. his he on remand so as not to intimidate the victim. anyone guess.

God knows how many millions of cars and other motorized vehicles

running around the coutry's roads every hour and every day, and among

those it's not unusual to find the odd agro, road rage hot headded

mongols that venting their madness on other motorists using their fists...

32 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

more thin-skinned thai male... these kinds of people

Yet another mindless trope by... YetAnother

30 minutes ago, essox essox said:

A farang would be jailed !!! plus big fine

And deported.

...and blacklisted!!!

If its just a Thai punk he'll have to do alot of wai-ing then pay a small fine and case closed.

If it were a farang  wai-ing or even shaving his head  and dressing in orange robes wont help.

Big fine   OK   no jail.

If the Thai punk comes  from an  influencial  family  that may jeopardise the bi-annual police station re-decoration/budget and party  then punk  charges  immediately dismissed ,a policeman sent to innactive post (roi-et)and battered teacher given a reprimand for wasting valuable police time.

43 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Any chance this chap wears a uniform?

Odds are that he, dad, uncle, brother or cousin does, and that is why it's been "dealt with" quietly without the victim or the media being involved.  Membership has it's privileges...

4 hours ago, Darcula said:

Then, why was she not invited for the usual photo-op routine?

And why did she have to go to the cops to get the information that that they had already pressed assault charges?

Roll on TRP reform please, like 30 years ago.

The woman won`t receive much assistance from the police. They will just go through the formalities, arrest, fine and a slap on the wrist. If she wants justice, the woman will need to take out a private prosecution against the attacker. Considering that could cost a small fortune for legal representation, drag on for years and the guy could appeal, probably will not retrieve back her legal fees if the guy has no money, then I doubt this woman will ever receive justice.

I was going to make a remark which  would associate the Thai male with this type of behaviour but I realize it is multi-national and just a sign of the times.  When I was a young guy if someone did this to an old woman they would have been  handed a kicking before being given to their old man for another kicking.

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Yet another mindless trope by... YetAnother

And deported.

...and blacklisted!!!

These russian girls still in jail for bogus reasons if a Thai girl caught on beach rd its 200 bht fine and only 15 minutes at a police station.

2 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

On a global road rage ranking I place Thailand at 3/10 . it should happen more often considering the crazy traffic but it just doesn't. More to do with Thais wanting to avoid confrontation for the most part

I think it's a lot more common than you think, just doesn't hit the news

3 minutes ago, Lee4Life said:

I think it's a lot more common than you think, just doesn't hit the news

I can confirm with feet on the ground. 10 years on lower sukhumvit, my condo roughly 300m from nana bts. I walk suk nearly every day and never saw road rage even once. The odd horn blasting is about as mean as it gets

11 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

I can confirm with feet on the ground. 10 years on lower sukhumvit, my condo roughly 300m from nana bts. I walk suk nearly every day and never saw road rage even once. The odd horn blasting is about as mean as it gets

And a totally  different environment from Pattaya area and the shitloads of pickups/lowlifes.

Just another result from the non existing education/discipline for grandma's little boy.

They learn beating grandma before they can properly walk.

So what you expect when they grow up?

Each of these lowlifes should get mandatory conscription for not only two but four years.

6 hours ago, essox essox said:

500 baht fine driving licence returned and he's on his way again.

A farang would be jailed !!! plus big fine

I know few farang or Thais in Thailand who would beat a woman.  Back in the west, sadly, there are pleanty that would.

"Pick Up" ? That's no way to pick up 50 year old teachers. There are much easier ways like asking for their LINE ID. Phone Numbers are old school news & cost money to call. Need to Try a better "Pick Up" Technique like asking for her Contacts (Not the ones in her eyes dummy OK) Some guys are just too aggressive.

Archived