Non Imm O Requirements

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the requirements are for obtaining a Non Imm O from a UK consulate.

I've taken a look at the forms required and everything seems pretty straightforward. I don't work in Thailand, my purpose of visit would be to stay with my fiance. I'll be in Thailand about 6 times a year, staying for approx 3-4 weeks each time.

In the past i've just used the visa-exempt entry but would hate to have any problems at immigration so think it's better to get the correct visa.

Do they need some kind of proof for my visits? And what are they chances of being refused the Visa, are finance visits a valid reason? Like i said, mostly straightforward but i'd just like a few things straight in my mind before i stick my passport in the mail.

Cheers.

When I got mine two years ago from Hull, all I had to do was produce a letter from someone who was prepared 'on paper' to support my expatriation back to England should it be necessary and to cover any costs. That was it. They weren't interested in seeing anything else except this letter. I have been here ever since on that one visa and just keep getting it extended.

Don't forget though to make it a multi entry visa.

Edited by Casanundra

How you put it,to stay for a couple of weeks 6 times a year.

You just can arrive on a visa-exempt entry,there will be not a problem.the only thing in mind with the visa-exempt entry is that you just not stay more than 90 days of 180.Nothing else.

So let's say you stay for 3 weeks,go back home,2 months later for 4 weeks,go home again,the following month you still have 5 weeks.The next time you arrive again ,the first entry will be in the next 180 days,so not any problem.If you do not like this idea,just get a single tourist visa,good for 2 months(and 1 month ext).

The non-o multiple you good use,but if you are not over 50 ot married they will proberly not give it to you anyway,so just stick with the visa-exempt entry or tourist visa.Unless you will get married later on,then you can applie for a non-mult.Cheers mate.

If you can obtain a multi entry non immigrant visa that would be the much preferred method. Believe visiting your fiancé will be enough for Hull to issue.

Advantage: immigration immediate 90 day stay issue with no need to count each visa free entry stay. Easier to set up bank account. Easier to do other legal things. No problem with flights and airlines.

No problem with flights and airlines.

So there are still problems with airlines?

I by myself got problems with showing my passport without a visa for Thailand last November and was surprised.

I told them you can stay 90 (3x30)days, and my time staying in Thailand is less than 90 days.They told me that we can not issue a ticket due to other airlines are doing the same.After a protest I got my ticket with the advice(from the boss?) to apply for a tourist visa or change the return flight.

My flight: Jordain from Frankfurt- Amman-Bangkok

Are they urged to do so?