Cameroon men arrested as alleged ‘Black Money’ gang members

webfact

41 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

The Omani moron is just as guilty, but he should be arrested for nothing else than being as dumb as a bag of bolts for falling for it .....:crazy:

If I had been arrested for the "dumb things" I have done in my 67 years, I would still be in prison. I prefer not to castigate people for unwise decisions that get them into trouble. Keeping my side of the street clean and being grateful that I am free from being an appointed judge is what matters to me. That being said, people are free to label and categorize others as they wish.

Edited by Benmart
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Still some believe in this kind of scam ?

Even small kids knew it is foolish game.

Believers deserved to be cheated.

So glad I have not been ordained to deside who deserves what. I leave that to others with unblemished lives.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, worgeordie said:

They are still finding people to con,with that very old scam,

i guess its true,there must be one born every minute.

regards worgeordie

I was one of those "born every minute", and most people that I have met confide likewise. Thank goodness that error and age has made me more aware and wary of offers that are too good to be true. Pax.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

The 'victim' who paid to make the fake money should also be charged, just like the 'victims' of scams who send their money to try to get more when the email made clear that the money they would be getting was far from legal, often the proceeds of corrupt regimes and war mongers, the scammers use people greed to persuade them into becoming criminals, so they are the most at blame, but anyone taking part is also guilty and should be charged regardless of their loss.

What could you charge him with? Although he was fooled into thinking he could make more money the perpetrators did not actually have the means to re-produce banknotes, counterfeit or otherwise, so he could hardly be said to be conspiring. It was all sleight of hand and the Omani guy fell for it. 

44 minutes ago, sjbrownderby said:

What could you charge him with? Although he was fooled into thinking he could make more money the perpetrators did not actually have the means to re-produce banknotes, counterfeit or otherwise, so he could hardly be said to be conspiring. It was all sleight of hand and the Omani guy fell for it. 

Of course providing the money to copy is conspiring, what on earth were you thinking there?

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

Of course providing the money to copy is conspiring, what on earth were you thinking there?

I was thinking that the money was not actually being copied. He was conned into believing it was. Explain to me how that can be a conspiracy. 

ban them all.  Report the Omani to Omani officials.  let them decide his fate.  I suspect the penalties could be very severe in Oman for faking currency.  Of course ban the Africans.  Not sure it is worth the time and money to put them in the Thai jail.  Not that it costs the Thais much money.

1 minute ago, gk10002000 said:

ban them all.  Report the Omani to Omani officials.  let them decide his fate.  I suspect the penalties could be very severe in Oman for faking currency.  Of course ban the Africans.  Not sure it is worth the time and money to put them in the Thai jail.  Not that it costs the Thais much money.

as far as i know it costs them next to nothing. they aren't getting 3 meals a day unless they pay for it and they don't care about overcrowding

2 minutes ago, sjbrownderby said:

They weren't faking currency! Nowhere in the article does it claim that. It was a con and someone fell for it. In fact you seem to have fell for it too. 

The Omani guy was trying to buy into the process of making/counterfitting Omani Rials.  How did you not get that from the Omani's own admission?  Then he was conned out of the money from the fake process, but the point is the Omani admitted he was going to pay for the process!

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The con artists took a 200-rial note from him and placed it on a piece of white paper that had been cut to the same size as the bank note. They were wrapped together in foil and then put into some black ink. After 10 minutes, the con artists unwrapped the foil to show that the white paper had become a rial banknote.

The victim then agreed to give 50,000 rials to the con artists to use the same process.

A fool and his money are soon parted

Edited by Bluespunk

1 minute ago, gk10002000 said:

The Omani guy was trying to buy into the process of making/counterfitting Omani Rials.  How did you not get that from the Omani's own admission? 

They made him believe that they could carry out what would be an illegal act, if they could actually do it.........but they could not. The whole point of this was to make the Omani guy believe that they could do it. In that they succeeded by showing what was in essence a conjuring trick. There may have been an element of 'mens rea' but there was no element of 'actus reus' and to establish that it must be proved that the accused person was responsible for an act prohibited by criminal law. He allowed himself to be conned by a number of persons using trickery, which makes him the victim. He could not be said to be conspiring because he was the 'mark' in this and was not a party to the whole point of the con.

1 minute ago, sjbrownderby said:

They made him believe that they could carry out what would be an illegal act, if they could actually do it.........but they could not. The whole point of this was to make the Omani guy believe that they could do it. In that they succeeded by showing what was in essence a conjuring trick. There may have been an element of 'mens rea' but there was no element of 'actus reus' and to establish that it must be proved that the accused person was responsible for an act prohibited by criminal law. He allowed himself to be conned by a number of persons using trickery, which makes him the victim. He could not be said to be conspiring because he was the 'mark' in this and was not a party to the whole point of the con.

You are crazy if you believe that the Omani officials would think like that.