Liverpool look like the final - but for Kampanat it looks like jail!

webfact

Liverpool look like the final - but for Kampanat it looks like jail!

news_wesOKZQxEf210123_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A Thai man is facing four years jail for making a nice living selling fake football shirts.

Arrested yesterday in Bangkok was Kampanat Prasertsuk, 25, who was doing a roaring trade on the back of Liverpool's progress to the final of the Champions' League.

He was selling their shirts at 500 baht a time on his Facebook page.

These were copies from China but the real thing could be 2,000 baht or more.

He was caught in possession of nearly 4,000 shirts ripping off Nike and Puma at his house in Samphanwong when the pirate police arrived with a warrant.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News

that's all well and good but you can walk into any night market and see it being sold out in the open. take down one guy making a few extra baht on the side. whats the point. apart from him not paying his share 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Expatthailover said:

Aah the 2 wrongs make a right argument

Who is being hurt by this? Man Utd, who get paid $100M/year by Adidas? Adidas, who predict over $2 Billion of shirt sales from their contract with Man Utd?

Football fans who feel cheated when they see cheap shirts being sold?

I don't believe anybody is hurt by this kind of "crime".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nkg said:

Who is being hurt by this? Man Utd, who get paid $100M/year by Adidas? Adidas, who predict over $2 Billion of shirt sales from their contract with Man Utd?

Football fans who feel cheated when they see cheap shirts being sold?

I don't believe anybody is hurt by this kind of "crime".

Adidas pays Man U 100 mil in anticipation of selling their genuine shirts to the public and recouping that promo expense plus profit. That is why genuine are more expensive than knock offs in part, to pay Man U. Believe what you want, but seems pretty basic economics to me

• Like 1

The supporters get ripped off by the clubs paying through the nose for the genuine articles (which are probably made in Chinese sweat shops anyway). The inflated prices go towards paying the players' massive wages and lining the owner's pockets.

A shirt cost next to nothing when I was a kid, however the salary of a top class player was about fifteen UK pounds a week and players took a bus to the game as opposed to arriving in their lambos.

Saying all that, great result for the Redmen against Roma.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Adidas pays Man U 100 mil in anticipation of selling their genuine shirts to the public and recouping that promo expense plus profit. That is why genuine are more expensive than knock offs in part, to pay Man U. Believe what you want, but seems pretty basic economics to me

All true but nobody in Bangkok buying a 500 baht shirt from this guy is going to pay 2,000 baht

for the genuine article. So the teams and companies lose nothing. It is the counterfeit shirts

sold in Europe and North America that cause losses for the teams/companies.

• Like 1