Police give husband 500 baht to get out of town - but he comes back and murders his wife

webfact

Police give husband 500 baht to get out of town - but he comes back and murders his wife

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Kind police in Ubon Ratchathani took pity on a husband who had no money and clubbed together to give him 500 baht so he could go home to mummy yesterday.

But instead of getting out out of town he doubled back and confronted his wife in the kitchen of their restaurant.

He stabbed her more than ten times until she was dead.

Now the hunt is on.

Nam Yeun district police were initially called to a roadside food stall that had been opened a year ago. There was a bad argument between the husband and wife owners Kathin Kasa, 38, and Warunee Meuangjan, 51.

Police managed to calm the situation and it was decided that Kathin would leave and go to his family home in Kut Khao Pun district. He asked his wife for the bus fare but she wouldn't give him any money.

So the police scraped together 500 baht and took him to the minivan stop so that he would be out of the way.

However, witnesses said that he got off the van 5 kilometers away and headed back to the restaurant near the Nam Yeun School to begin arguing with his wife again.

This time it turned very violent and he took a kitchen knife to her abdomen stabbing her multiple times until she was dead.

He then fled in the direction of a wooded area behind Tesco Lotus. Police surrounded the area though they were unable to apprehend him.

Now the hunt is on for Kathin for the murder of his wife, reported Thai Rath.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-26

Troll post removed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

3 hours ago, over2you said:

What on earth are you talking about?

I think that it is you who is dim.

"Nam Yeun district police were initially called to a roadside food stall that had been opened a year ago. There was a bad argument between the husband and wife owners Kathin Kasa, 38, and Warunee Meuangjan, 51.

Police managed to calm the situation and it was decided that Kathin would leave and go to his family home in Kut Khao Pun district. He asked his wife for the bus fare but she wouldn't give him any money.

So the police scraped together 500 baht and took him to the minivan stop so that he would be out of the way."

Sounds to me like a typical" domestic dispute" and the Police dealt with it in a logical and sensible manner. There is no mention of any serious crime having been committed at this stage.

They calmed the situation and to prevent any further "breach of the peace" they helped the man to leave the problem and go back to his family where perhaps his family would help him. This I believe is/would be fairly standard practice in most Countries.

Thank you, well said, I am unable to fault the police, I feel their actions were laudable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Another "Mommy's Boy" case from a grown man???  When will it ever end??? :sad:

When the police stop giving them money to get out of town & start taking their job seriously...

basically NEVER!!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Awful that thailand is the only country in the world where men injure or kill their wives.

YOU are the only one on this topic that has said that. Wise up.  btw is there anything about Thailand that you will not defend ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Domestic violence is a much bigger problem in the uk than thailand but you wont see me saying all brits have a problem.

Please explain where you got that crazy snippet of information?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

When the police stop giving them money to get out of town & start taking their job seriously...

basically NEVER!!!

So please enlighten us as to what action you believe should have been taken by the Police who attended this domestic dispute. Hundreds of similar incidents happening every day all over Thailand and probably every other Country in the world. It's one thing to criticise if the Police blatantly fail to do there duty. But please inform us about your opinion about what action the Police should have taken 

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Please explain where you got that crazy snippet of information?

Ref. "Domestic violence is a much bigger problem in the uk than thailand but you wont see me saying all brits have a problem."

I think we must take into consideration the  fact that in England people are less afraid to make a complaint and are listened to by the police and the system. Consequently much more crime in general is reported and perhaps more importantly RECORDED 

• Like 1