TSB Bank. Are you having problems from Sunday's migration?

42 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

It seems they didn't have a rollback plan in place with Lloyds - Or if they did it wasn't implemented..

Basic Project Management procedure!!

......................But the boss of TSB Paul Pester will still get his £3.3million earnings:blink:

is someone that didn't plan ahead adequately  worth that kind of money?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, midas said:

......................But the boss of TSB Paul Pester will still get his £3.3million earnings:blink:

is someone that didn't plan ahead adequately  worth that kind of money?

I don't know if the migration was outsourced or not but no matter how big the LDP is, it won't cover the bad publicity and customers changing banks....

2 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Does it work for you? I am not desperate enough to go through my paperwork to find my log in ID as of yet.....

Just logged on again. If you are not desperate I would wait - they will fix it eventually - or try again when UK is asleep.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, pontious said:

Try to log on using  tsb.co.uk - dont use your desktop icon.

OK. My curiosity got the better of me so I dug out my ID and tried your suggestion..

It worked - kind of..It was a bit higgledy-piggledy but the basics were there and in my credit card account instead of xx.xxCR it was  -xx.xx.

It also looked as if transfers would be possible but I shall hang slack for a while.....

The shitty thing about it all is they didn't give me access to a multi millionaire's account like some customers had reported...

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

I don't know if the migration was outsourced or not

It wasn't.  It was done by TSB owner Sabadell's own staff.  The replacement system was developed in house.  (It's an adapted clone of the parent bank's own system for the UK.)

Yes managed to log on yesterday and make one transaction that was urgent. Managed to download CSV record of transactions .. But soooooooo sloooww and the system died twice during that. Not tried today. Getting ready to move majority of funds yet again...... Who needs service like this.... but options are limited. .. Off subject slightly sorry....: Thailand has issues .. Bangkok bank union pay would not work in the true shop this week...sigh.... Got a visa debit card with a different bank already grrrrrrr

3 hours ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Yep. Doing it as Pontious suggested it puts you in a holding queue. I just tried by "normal" method and still not working..

That's really poor and a trust damaging blunder.

It should cost them a lot of customers?

It is their own fault for not testing properly before "Going Live" with the new systems and not having adequate "Disaster Recovery" or "Rollback" Plans.

I was a Software salesman for 30 years plus and involved in selling functional testing, load testing and performance monitoring software and services.

I also sold "Disaster Recovery" services, i.e., if you have a major computer or systems failure you can move to an alternate site that has a duplicate of your "Stable Systems" (before the problem had occurred) at another location or these days often in "The Cloud".

I sold mostly to the Financial Sector and my customers included HSBC, Barclays, Halifax, Royal Bank of Scotland, Co-op Bank, Standard Life, The Post Office, etc., etc.

Lloyds TSB were also a target account for me, but they were too "tight" to spend any decent money on testing or disaster recovery which is ironic as they have an arm that sells insurance LOL!

"F" them I say and if you are a customer move banks ASAP.

Edited by Mario666
21 hours ago, pontious said:

Just logged on again. If you are not desperate I would wait - they will fix it eventually - or try again when UK is asleep.

The U.K. is always asleep, sleepwalking into Brexit, what a Bloody ill thought out mess that is ! the Blind leading the Blind.

• Like 1

I finally got in about 16 hrs ago, as said as it is a new server your old quick links to online banking need deleting.

Go to TSBs homepage first then click on Log In (top right corner) this takes you to new log in page, I found it nice and easy to use and quicker than old server, so now I am happy again (but I only use this account as a ready cash account - spending account when in UK)

Also Beeb are reporting that TSB in a bid to stop customers from jumping ship have now said that there will be no penalties applied to accounts for April for being overdrawn etc, missed payments and also they have increased interest rates from 3% to 5% as of yesterday, they are saying no one will be out of pocket and may also be paying compensation...?

• Thanks 1
Just now, OJAS said:

Easier said than done, unfortunately, if he is a UK non-resident.:sad:

I heard somewhere that with HSBC you can live outside the UK and still get a new account?????

Please correct me someone if this is not the case.

I also heard however, that under Barclays "Rules" you should close your account(s) when no longer resident in the UK.

Please feel free once again to correct me if this is wrong.

I am a Barclays cusomer, but SHHHHH!:smile::thumbsup:

Edited by Mario666
1 minute ago, Mario666 said:

I heard somewhere that with HSBC you can live outside the UK and still get a new account?????

Please correct me someone if this is not the case.

I was back in UK  last year and tried moving to the Halifax but the questions started so I quietly withdrew my application...... And with a blink of an eye it was time to fly back.....I shall try again next year..

Regarding the TSB - Over the weekend I tried twice but each time there was a problem with my code word .... I am gonna wait until the end of the week before trying again..