"Justice for my mum": Daughter makes impassioned plea after seeing mum beheaded by hanging wire

webfact

"Justice for my mum": Daughter makes impassioned plea after seeing mum beheaded by hanging wire

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GRjoBUdZVukIlyRShx.jpg

Source: Thai Rath

The daughter of the woman virtually decapitated by a hanging wire while riding a motorcycle in Khon Kaen has made a heartfelt plea for those responsible to be brought to justice.

The plea was made in a TV video made by Thai Rath that showed what happened before Maneenet Charoenngao, 40, became entangled in an internet cable on a downtown road.

A ten wheel truck had moments before brought the cables down into the path of Maneerat who had no chance.

CCTV showed the horrible moment as her riderless bike came to a halt by the side of the road.

Daughter Wachadawan Panyaphim was contacted by friends and arrived at the scene to see something no child should ever experience.

Her beloved mother was under a sheet with her neck virtually severed from her head on the road.

Wachada called for those responsible to be held accountable for her mother's death.

She said that she is just left with her dad and an elder sister. He father is in a bad way and won't eat.

She said that before her mum went out to work she had had a premonition about something. She had said to look after the family's finances and her dad if she died.

Minutes later that is exactly what happened.

Thai Rath reported that the authorities knew about the state of the wires that is a common problem all over Thailand.

Now an investigation is underway.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-27

• Thanks 1

With the offending cable very likely to belong to a major telecom company....this poor girl would be very lucky if any admission of cable ownership is given.

But, hopefully this event has shown, at least to some in authority, just how dangerous these tangles of cables can be....and I would imagine this is not the first incident.

• Like 2

Poor woman didn't stand a chance..anyway it isn't the cable companies fault,it wasn't the drivers fault,it was the cables fault.see it all the time in the village.sugar cane trucks stacked well over the limit and the drivers mate tooled up with a length of bamboo to lift the cables and drive under.health and safety,road safety.nah only think about money and nothing else matters.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Poor woman didn't stand a chance..anyway it isn't the cable companies fault,it wasn't the drivers fault,it was the cables fault.see it all the time in the village.sugar cane trucks stacked well over the limit and the drivers mate tooled up with a length of bamboo to lift the cables and drive under.health and safety,road safety.nah only think about money and nothing else matters.

Er saw a bus hitting overhead cables down Soy Bukowe this week.

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

With the offending cable very likely to belong to a major telecom company....this poor girl would be very lucky if any admission of cable ownership is given.

But, hopefully this event has shown, at least to some in authority, just how dangerous these tangles of cables can be....and I would imagine this is not the first incident.

Agree. Hope the family get some decent compensation. RIP to the lady and condolences to her family.

Hope Bill Gates makes a comment and embarrasses the hell out of the responsible authorities, maybe that will help to get some action to clean this up and create some standards how cables must be strung and fixed to poles, minimum height rules, weight rules, etc., all of which should have been attended to 40 years ago

• Like 1

A terrible tragedy which should have been avoided.

I am afraid there will never be a total recovery from such misfortunes.

I hope the government gives all the support available to the whole family, there is not any amount of money which can give life back to the poor woman.

• Like 1

In Thailand.......with all the totally unattended hanging electric and other shameful open cables all over the place, totally exposed to harm bystanders .... one could be surprised that there are not more such tragedies that occur.

RIP to the victim.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

They can afford motorbikes only at the expense of education and other necessities. It should be back to walking and bicycles, it's healthier than riding a motorbike for sure. You are aware of the 80% death/injury rate due to motorbike use, yes? Can they afford that and the long-term health care from severe injury and the loss of income and family members as well on 300 baht/day?

Thai people have become faster, fatter and deadlier with their motorbike obsession. Shall we discuss their smartphone obsession next and their use of them while riding motorbikes and other vehicles and walking? They seem to be able to make the payments on those on 300 baht/day.

PS: I'm ignoring your obvious false choice gambit (i.e. "expensive cars with top of the line safety features"). And, BTW, thanks for editing my original post for us without even an indication thereof to create a potential out-of-context situation.

54 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Complete and utter claptrap/nonsense.

What kind of response could be expected from someone with a motorcycle avatar?

Same as this utter claptrap/nonsense are we to presume? (80% of fatal accidents involve motorbikes/cycles):

Full Road Accident Statistics 2017-2018 - Richard Barrow

and then there is the upcoming crowning of Thailand as No. 1 on the planet in road mayhem:

Road deaths rocket by 3,000 as Thailand set to be named world number one in carnage, say academics - thaivisa.com

A better question is perhaps: What will it take to get through to the Thai people and people like you?

Edited by MaxYakov

21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What has this got to do with the Thai police or the government?  The cable was causing no problems until a truck brought it down!

You're correct in saying the cable was causing no problem, and is 'innocent' of any wrongdoing.

However shouldn't there be some form of responsibility on the part of the government/local authority to ensure cables are sited where there is absolutely no potential danger to the public? Is there any Health & Safety legislation in LOS, and if so is it strictly enforced?

On 27/04/2018 at 9:54 AM, Thongkorn said:

Er saw a bus hitting overhead cables down Soy Bukowe this week.

I also saw that. I was sat watching the football Sunday evening when this double decker coach drove down and took out cables. The driver was either ignorant to it or didn't care.

On Fri Apr 27 2018 at 12:46 PM, observer90210 said:

In Thailand.......with all the totally unattended hanging electric and other shameful open cables all over the place, totally exposed to harm bystanders .... one could be surprised that there are not more such tragedies that occur.

RIP to the victim.

there would be, we're getting next to no national information on these types of things, and then you've the fact that the broom is big and the rug covers a huge pit, for things to be swept under..