Property seizure

10 hours ago, RhThailand said:

He said because the box is linked to his account ( you need a bank account to use a box) they have took everything that’s linked to the account including euros.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Never heard  of a system like this. My bank doesn't know what is in the safety dep. box. Nor do banks give receipts for contents. Your friend tricked you.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, smedly said:

to the OP

Might sound like a stupid question but is it your friend just telling you this has happened or do you have definitive proof that this seizure actually took place and remember that paperwork can be made up and official looking people might not be official at all, very easy to stage this whole event

I remember the story of a guy that thought he bought a pig farm when in actual fact his girlfriends family already owned it, he shoveled pig shit for a year thinking it was his farm and then he found out it wasn't when she dumped him lol

you cant teach stupid :cheesy:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I would be inclined to wait until the cash was in my hand before posting that you have it all sorted. Maybe, just the cynic in me.

Agree

2000 euro is a lot of money for the average Thai - Must have a good job if able to give back

One has to wonder if they needed it in the first place how likely are they able to return it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I would be inclined to wait until the cash was in my hand before posting that you have it all sorted. Maybe, just the cynic in me.

+1

When i was working as a sales manager The new guys would run into my office super excited about getting the deal. You have a contract "no" you have a deposit  'no" but they will come in tomorrow.

They almost never did.

people will tell you what you want to hear .

• Like 1

There are many people who took the time and donated to your plight on this forum I think you have an obligation to explain how you resolved the situation and not just "got it sorted"

so do please share the details of what happened. We are all happy for you but eager to understand what happened

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

There are many people who took the time and donated to your plight on this forum I think you have an obligation to explain how you resolved the situation and not just "got it sorted"

so do please share the details of what happened. We are all happy for you but eager to understand what happened

YEH ! + 1

We need the closing chapter in this mystery / adventure

As I'm sure there are a few her that have certainly experienced events like this 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2018 at 11:55 AM, RhThailand said:

No but I’m getting the money back

"...getting" the money back.

Guess that means he gave you another story to string you along some more.   

Until you can say "...got" the money back you still haven't got the money  back.   Good luck.

On 4/30/2018 at 3:33 PM, RhThailand said:

Got the money back today ???? he has to pay the banks back each month now

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Amazing 

He didn't think to go to the bank in the first place, because he obviously needed it straight away