Age Of Consent

wgdanson

After reading the recent story about the 20 yr old Thai and his 14 yr old girlfriend, thought I would open this can of worms. The age of consent for sexual activity in UK is 16. In Austria, Italy and Germany it is 14. So if I get on the ferry from Hamburg to UK with my 'legal' girlfriend, where do I have to comply with UK law?

Edited by metisdead
All caps edited out of topic title.

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not that hard a question.. the moment you are entering the UK its no longer legals. Just if you take your legally bought weed from Holland to Thailand. 

Polygamy is illegal in UK, but some Eastern gentlemen live there with multiple spice.........plural of spouse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not that hard a question.. the moment you are entering the UK its no longer legals. Just if you take your legally bought weed from Holland to Thailand. 

They were seeking to change the law a while back, not sure if it passed or not, but they wanted to make it so that anything done abroad that would be a crime if done in the UK is a chargeable offence back in the UK.  This was proposed specifically for dealing with this issue, of older men exploiting other countries laws to have sex with minors.

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

They were seeking to change the law a while back, not sure if it passed or not, but they wanted to make it so that anything done abroad that would be a crime if done in the UK is a chargeable offence back in the UK.  This was proposed specifically for dealing with this issue, of older men exploiting other countries laws to have sex with minors.

But as robblok said, what about legal weed bought in Holland and brought to UK?

6 minutes ago, grollies said:

If that is you in the photo and you entered the UK with a 14-year old girl that you were sleeping with you'd be classed as a paedophile and, quite rightly, locked-up.

It was a hypothetical question, and yes, that IS me in my profile photo. Is that you on yours?

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I believe they wanted to do a similar thing back in the Netherlands.. not sure if it happened or not. 

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

So if I get on the ferry from Hamburg to UK with my 'legal' girlfriend

You did not say this was a hypothetical question and my observation was that, if that were you in your avatar pic you look rather old to have a 14-year old 'legal in Germany' girlfriend.

That you didn't comment on my reply and instead simply made a stupid reference to my avatar picture indicates that you don't take your own topic seriously. In which case, why bother posting it up?

• Like 1

In France it is legal for a girl (or boy) having passed 15 years to have sex with an adult (no age limit).

The only condition is that between 15 to 18 years, the parents must give their consent, if not the adult is charged with underage sex. A bit ironical. If the parents agree, it's all ok, but if not, it gets under the law....whatever...

Many states in the USA have similar laws that enable adults to have sex with partners aged between 15 to 17 depending of the states.

The world is evolving. Humans develop faster, assume their individual rights to choose or are sooner aware on the ways of life then many decades ago. Society has evolved and thus it is not uncommon in many countries to have fully legal and public relationships,  say between a man of 45 or 50 and a girl of 17 or 18 years old.

There also seems to be a certain level of hypocrisy on the issue from society and lawmakers.

If the age limits are legal, the partners consensual, many countries don't see it as a problem and neither do I.

Like it or not, is another question on the whole.

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 2

On 27/04/2018 at 5:10 PM, wgdanson said:

Polygamy is illegal in UK, but some Eastern gentlemen live there with multiple spice.........plural of spouse.

Also claim benefits for the seven or eight wives or dependents in their own country. 

And food vouchers, and clothing coupons, and rental assistance... 

It goes on and on and on...